THE BROWNS BOARD

Garrett Hurt Already

TopDawg31

I didnt see where it was horribly bothering him, i think its just sore. He might sit next week and then get another 10-15 snaps the following week. We'd be doing the right thing by throttling him up then down for awhile. This seasons a wash. We're gonna have new DE's next year anyway. No way williams agrees to nas, og or orchard starting opposite garrett next year

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nasibb nor Shelton scratched the score-sheet.Burgess,Taylor,McCourty,Kirksey,Ogbah all led in tackles at 4.5. Naz & Orch had a tough-day despite Myles playing time. We held the ball 34mins our D played 26 mins. Us 22 1st downs..Jets 14..On your Offense at that point Huie..  

16 hours ago, gumby73 said:

But if I tell you coming off a high ankle sprain your going to play somewhere before half. Than sit Half. than were going to stick you back in, Oh lets say about 11:10 of 4th how tight is your ankle again?In 4th quarter at 11:18 Naz goes down.At 11:10-11:02 Myles stays home makes play to sidelines limping.Stays on at 10:50.On still hopping at 10:12.At 9:35 Myles attemps a slow spin on a TE,Myles comes off & Naz returns for rest of game from 8:35.

15 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I'm betting he sits next week I could not understand why they didn't keep that leg warmed up on a stationary bike unless the reason was he was done until Nassib had to leave the game.

I've had and played on "low" ankle sprains. I couldn't keep them "loose". Best I could do is ice them between series to minimize the swelling, and pain which got to be pretty serious as a game wore on. Swelling under a tape job is no fun.

Is a high sprain different?

14 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

I didnt see where it was horribly bothering him, i think its just sore. He might sit next week and then get another 10-15 snaps the following week. We'd be doing the right thing by throttling him up then down for awhile. This seasons a wash. We're gonna have new DE's next year anyway. No way williams agrees to nas, og or orchard starting opposite garrett next year

Early, no, but as gum was saying, late when he filled in for Nassib, he was limping badly between plays... and I don't care if it's the best blocking TE in the world, a healthy MG eats that Jet TE alive. He was unable to test him despite retaining a quick first-step.

As for DEs... I thought Og played well again. Until we see multiple games of Myles opposite Og and Nassib, I do not see us prioritizing Edge DEs in the Draft. FA? Maybe...

32 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

I've had and played on "low" ankle sprains. I couldn't keep them "loose". Best I could do is ice them between series to minimize the swelling, and pain which got to be pretty serious as a game wore on. Swelling under a tape job is no fun.

Early, no, but as gum was saying, late when he filled in for Nassib, he was limping badly between plays... and I don't care if it's the best blocking TE in the world, a healthy MG eats that Jet TE alive. He was unable to test him despite retaining a quick first-step.

As for DEs... I thought Og played well again. Until we see multiple games of Myles opposite Og and Nassib, I do not see us prioritizing Edge DEs in the Draft. FA? Maybe...

Og was below meciocre as usual. I agree we have too many needs to draft a DE high again, but yes in FA we absolutely need a seasoned vet ippisite garrett. As of right now ansah is the only guy i see on next years FA list that i give a Shmuck about but whi knows someone else could come free.

i wouldnt be adverse to packaging up ogbah with other players for an established guy.

8 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

not sure this will load T, NOPE.. but,  Your totally correct on the taping T. And that's the real problem with the High sprain. I preferred the tape to be somewhat snug for support but when swelling continues the pain to nerve tissue is ridiculous.So to answer your question. Your right on the icing it.. till ya play on it..as you said. High or low the pain & swelling is no differences but the length of time of healing High is weeks longer. Could be 2, Could be extra 4.  Myles 2nd sack came in 2qrt. was his last play till 4th qrt. which I can only assume Myles was re-taped at halftime? or not & done..The correct Myles plan imo would have been 1st half only knowing not to risk it after Half due to swelling tightness. Telling that to a -4 game loss Myles (with 2 sacks smelling the trifecta) might have been a different story in a winnable game when Naz went down?  EDIT-- Clev. your way off base on your hater Ogbah..The Kat has stayed pretty much injury free every down in 20 NFL Games leading us in OL tackles..That's not a guy you bundle in a trade anywhere..It's Naz & Orchard job to beat Ogbah off his position..The competition level at team DE position is what will make this team better.Push equals close the gap for your playing time at position. And right now that same problem is all over on both sides of the ball in key positions..

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Garrett is the only #1 overall defensive pick going back to 1982 to record 2 sacks in his first game despite limited play.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000857738/article/myles-garrett-starts-career-with-two-sacks-vs-jets

yeah but by the fourth qtr the bulls were running loose in the china shop again. He was not ready to go out there and will probably be out even longer now.

As Ghoolie told you..... Garrett is done. Fragile, and he is a sissy, Zumba instructor.

The entire second half he looked like Stan. No motion, no drive, really, this guy is a pooooosie. Total waste of a #1  #1. Weak, lazy, 

On 10/8/2017 at 6:00 PM, Clevfan4life said:

Just for perspective, dude gets two sacks within 10 snaps playing hurt, nowhere near 100%. Do our other DE's have that many sacks in 5 Shmucking games? If that doesnt enlighten some of u dumbasses as to our talent gap i dont know what other pie chart is needed to illustrate how Retarded we are at trading down

The sacks were not impressive. He broke through a NO BLOCK and barely hit the QB on sack 1, and sack two the QB happened to run in front of him. Garrett sucks gopher dikc.

2 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

The sacks were not impressive. He broke through a NO BLOCK and barely hit the QB on sack 1, and sack two the QB happened to run in front of him. Garrett sucks gopher dikc.

No no, i know exactly what i saw...u dont. Ill give you that you know some stuff about some other things, but you have "zero" eye for front 7 mechanics. On a bad ankle garrett ghosted undrneath the guard and center and steamrolled mccown, made them look silly..like they didnt oniw the ball gad been hiked yet. 

Ob the 2nd sack garett ripped around the corner but because of that ankle he couldnt lean in like he was during preseason..tried to go around the corner more or less completely vertical. So his initial rush didnt go anywhere but when mccown tried to step up and spill out garrett immediately spun back to the inside and lunged at mccown from behind. Its not the most imoressive sack ever but mccown didnt run into him and for a guy with a clearly bum ankle its a heck of a hustle play. Dont argue with me about how the sacks transpired.

The latger point id like to make to u is why cant u just say man, that kid showed some heart. He showed more heart in ~10 snaps then our other DE's gave in 4-5 games. Im not calling this kid the answer to our prayers, he may have a decent game here or there but flame out...time will tell.

i just cant understand why you cant just say "meh, not bad kid". All the things you claimed about this kids heart and work ethic, which we are all dubious on in the first place....at least for one game has been proven null. So just own it for one game, just say "maybe i was wrong about the kid but we'll see, time will tell". Thats a fair statement. I stead ur trying to make Sheet up because it appears you want garrett to be a failure, and that i cant understand even if u are just trolling. Good trolling needs to have competent foundation from which to launch trolls. If the kid keeps playing alright and figuring out ways to be productive even while not at 100%.....than ur trolls come off as something else. 

12 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

No no, i know exactly what i saw...u dont. Ill give you that you know some stuff about some other things, but you have "zero" eye for front 7 mechanics. On a bad ankle garrett ghosted undrneath the guard and center and steamrolled mccown, made them look silly..like they didnt oniw the ball gad been hiked yet. 

Ob the 2nd sack garett ripped around the corner but because of that ankle he couldnt lean in like he was during preseason..tried to go around the corner more or less completely vertical. So his initial rush didnt go anywhere but when mccown tried to step up and spill out garrett immediately spun back to the inside and lunged at mccown from behind. Its not the most imoressive sack ever but mccown didnt run into him and for a guy with a clearly bum ankle its a heck of a hustle play. Dont argue with me about how the sacks transpired.

The latger point id like to make to u is why cant u just say man, that kid showed some heart. He showed more heart in ~10 snaps then our other DE's gave in 4-5 games. Im not calling this kid the answer to our prayers, he may have a decent game here or there but flame out...time will tell.

i just cant understand why you cant just say "meh, not bad kid". All the things you claimed about this kids heart and work ethic, which we are all dubious on in the first place....at least for one game has been proven null. So just own it for one game, just say "maybe i was wrong about the kid but we'll see, time will tell". Thats a fair statement. I stead ur trying to make Sheet up because it appears you want garrett to be a failure, and that i cant understand even if u are just trolling. Good trolling needs to have competent foundation from which to launch trolls. If the kid keeps playing alright and figuring out ways to be productive even while not at 100%.....than ur trolls come off as something else. 

He's been calling him 2 tackle Texas since forever. The least he can do is now is call him 2 sack Texas. Do that every game and who cares what Dr. G thinks.

10 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Draft is BPA and if that says edge rusher - so be it.   

I want this team to have an identity and if that means having a top 3 dline, then I'm perfectly ok with it.  

U know im a def honk, but those wr's tho.....and if this qb play continues as is? I cant justify taking an edge rusher again unless its another freak in garrets category. Id much rather us bring in a vet DE who's long got his finger wet in this league.<---- Ansah. 

12 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

He's been calling him 2 tackle Texas since forever. The least he can do is now is call him 2 sack Texas. Do that every game and who cares what Dr. G thinks.

Let's see, you just posted a response making three references to me...........Who cares what I think? Indeed,

32 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

And Dr. G's big rookie pick just threw a pick against Minn with 2:20 to go. Shall we call him 2 turnover Trubiski?:P

And Trubs one TD should have been an interception that the Vikings defender tipped right to his receiver. High and short.   :P

51 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

The larger point id like to make to u is why cant u just say man, that kid showed some heart. He showed more heart in ~10 snaps then our other DE's gave in 4-5 games. Im not calling this kid the answer to our prayers, he may have a decent game here or there but flame out...time will tell.

Because Ghoolie is never wrong. 

11 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Because Ghoolie is never wrong. 

I u derstand his basic function as a troll but ffs just say attaboy myles keep it up. Its like a rare semi bright spot for us. I can clearly see ghoolie rolling his eyes after that first snap sack of his and saying Shmuck how do i Sheet on this?

28 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

Trolls say thing that they don't mean just to piss people off. If I was a troll, you guys would be coming in here all the time with the satisfaction of watching me eat crow.....but very rarely to you get to see that. Making matter worse, despite idiots here saying Sheet like " When Ghoolie is proved wrong, you won't see him, and he will say, "Oh, I knew it all along"................BUT BUT BUT................. that has never been the case with me, It simply has never been my M O, nor my style. In fact, on the rare occasions I have been wrong, I am the very first one to poke fun of myself............ I mean, dude, rain, wind or shine, I am always here.......I don't run from anything.

And look man, if you are giving me a fair shake, I don't change my stories around based on what I think people will be mad at. It just happens that I do not believe what the majority of you people believe. I don't mean this to be derogatory, but I don't consider the "experts" to know more than me, I don't consider them to know as much, if you want to be quite honest, and there is very, very good reason.

The people that write sports articles, the announcers, the experts, are all paid to draw an audience, Furthermore, you surely will agree that the talking heads views are tremendously controlled by what the NFL dictates that they say. Cleveland is so bad that the NFL injects good will and vibe into Browns reporting. Case in point, each and every year the pundits universally exclaim that the Browns just had one of the better drafts. Of course, year after year, like 2017, as the season plays out we find that the draft was actually schidt.

Regarding Garrett.............. I have no dog in his hunt. The only reason the Browns drafted him is because all the pundits said he was the best pick. The Browns had no balls, and with pissed off fans, they made a choice that even if Garrett bombed out,  they could say  all the pundits agreed he was the best, 

I absolutely admire your technical knowledge of front 7 mechanics. I really do. However, as with most things in life, mechanics are more often than not, cowpoop. By mechanics standards, Jourgensen, Stabler, Fouts, Kosar, Unitas and Tarkenton would have been total failures. Certainly Arnold Palmer had weird mechanics.

I don't like Garrett. I believe him to be devoid of character, heart and intensity. For good reason, I believe he will prove to be physically unable to participate in a sustainable career. He is Winslow. Worse, I think. He tried to come of as intelligent (Regrese'), but to me, he is as phony as Sugar Turd Leonard.

Now, be honest with yourself. Don't you see that you are already making excuses for him? Work with me here.

As I watched the Game, I saw Garrett dip into a pool of nothingness in the second half. Many here have also noted that his second half sucked. However, you rush to judgement because you are so sure he is a great prospect, you and others are posting that he is not 100% ready, and that you could tell he wasn't putting full weight on his ankle. Doesn't that make YOU the Troll? I mean I have not seen any official reports saying Garrett is not 100%.........How did you make your assessment on his ankle without any medical reports?

You see what is going on? You see the difference between you and me? I see Garrett play a very impotent second half, and I note call him soft. You on the other hand make the assumption that the reason he sucked MUST BE.................. because of a bad ankle.  Examine your own thought process. You are so intent on Garrett being great that already, albeit unwittingly, you can't even recognize that his second half performance is most likely an indicator that he isn't that good, that in your mind, it just HAS TO BE, that his ankles are hurting.

I haven't read a news story about this. So really, be fair, who is trolling? If you take away the Ghoolie schtick,  what is left that irritates is simply that my opinions seldom follow the overwhelming majority, but more often than not, I am correct. It is the reality that my contrary thoughts too often for board sanity, come to prove out true.

I don't like Garrett.

1 minute ago, Clevfan4life said:

I u derstand his basic function as a troll but ffs just say attaboy myles keep it up. Its like a rare semi bright spot for us. I can clearly see ghoolie rolling his eyes after that first snap sack of his and saying Shmuck how do i Sheet on this?

Garret is fragile, but his glass man Paxton Lynch has a shoulder owie, and can't play. Garrett was a bust before he ever played a down, but Lynch is gonna light it up- someday. I'm just laughing at his lame trolling from now on. Which I can't see BTW- I'm tired of his board pollution. 

The Bengals only need to go 9-2 the rest of the way out to make that lame troll prediction come true while we're at it. 

12 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

Trolls say thing that they don't mean just to piss people off. If I was a troll, you guys would be coming in here all the time with the satisfaction of watching me eat crow.....but very rarely to you get to see that. Making matter worse, despite idiots here saying Sheet like " When Ghoolie is proved wrong, you won't see him, and he will say, "Oh, I knew it all along"................BUT BUT BUT................. that has never been the case with me, It simply has never been my M O, nor my style. In fact, on the rare occasions I have been wrong, I am the very first one to poke fun of myself............ I mean, dude, rain, wind or shine, I am always here.......I don't run from anything.

And look man, if you are giving me a fair shake, I don't change my stories around based on what I think people will be mad at. It just happens that I do not believe what the majority of you people believe. I don't mean this to be derogatory, but I don't consider the "experts" to know more than me, I don't consider them to know as much, if you want to be quite honest, and there is very, very good reason.

The people that write sports articles, the announcers, the experts, are all paid to draw an audience, Furthermore, you surely will agree that the talking heads views are tremendously controlled by what the NFL dictates that they say. Cleveland is so bad that the NFL injects good will and vibe into Browns reporting. Case in point, each and every year the pundits universally exclaim that the Browns just had one of the better drafts. Of course, year after year, like 2017, as the season plays out we find that the draft was actually schidt.

Regarding Garrett.............. I have no dog in his hunt. The only reason the Browns drafted him is because all the pundits said he was the best pick. The Browns had no balls, and with pissed off fans, they made a choice that even if Garrett bombed out,  they could say  all the pundits agreed he was the best, 

I absolutely admire your technical knowledge of front 7 mechanics. I really do. However, as with most things in life, mechanics are more often than not, cowpoop. By mechanics standards, Jourgensen, Stabler, Fouts, Kosar, Unitas and Tarkenton would have been total failures. Certainly Arnold Palmer had weird mechanics.

I don't like Garrett. I believe him to be devoid of character, heart and intensity. For good reason, I believe he will prove to be physically unable to participate in a sustainable career. He is Winslow. Worse, I think. He tried to come of as intelligent (Regrese'), but to me, he is as phony as Sugar Turd Leonard.

Now, be honest with yourself. Don't you see that you are already making excuses for him? Work with me here.

As I watched the Game, I saw Garrett dip into a pool of nothingness in the second half. Many here have also noted that his second half sucked. However, you rush to judgement because you are so sure he is a great prospect, you and others are posting that he is not 100% ready, and that you could tell he wasn't putting full weight on his ankle. Doesn't that make YOU the Troll? I mean I have not seen any official reports saying Garrett is not 100%.........How did you make your assessment on his ankle without any medical reports?

You see what is going on? You see the difference between you and me? I see Garrett play a very impotent second half, and I note call him soft. You on the other hand make the assumption that the reason he sucked MUST BE.................. because of a bad ankle.  Examine your own thought process. You are so intent on Garrett being great that already, albeit unwittingly, you can't even recognize that his second half performance is most likely an indicator that he isn't that good, that in your mind, it just HAS TO BE, that his ankles are hurting.

I haven't read a news story about this. So really, be fair, who is trolling? If you take away the Ghoolie schtick,  what is left that irritates is simply that my opinions seldom follow the overwhelming majority, but more often than not, I am correct. It is the reality that my contrary thoughts too often for board sanity, come to prove out true.

I don't like Garrett.

No, i could see his ankle wasnt 100% from the beginning and ill explain how. His first sack was a stunt to the inside and was a pure function of straight line speed and fluid hip movement. Both of which are not terribly affected by a bad ankle. His straight forward bull rush was also ok be ause that is also a function of straight line drive. The instant i saw his bidy angle going around the edge i knew he was off. He was not cutting on that snkle and he wasnt leaning in going around the edge where you gave to flex ur ankle as a 320lb tackle is pushing on you. 

So the kid in limited reps found ways to work around his injury and produce more than our healthy guys that also played twice as many snaps

13 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

No, i could see his ankle wasnt 100% from the beginning and ill explain how. His first sack was a stunt to the inside and was a pure function of straight line speed and fluid hip movement. Both of which are not terribly affected by a bad ankle. His straight forward bull rush was also ok be ause that is also a function of straight line drive. The instant i saw his bidy angle going around the edge i knew he was off. He was not cutting on that snkle and he wasnt leaning in going around the edge where you gave to flex ur ankle as a 320lb tackle is pushing on you. 

So the kid in limited reps found ways to work around his injury and produce more than our healthy guys that also played twice as many snaps

Nice try, but no cigar. The Browns are not going to put in their #1  #1. If he played,  Now,  I do think this kid has brittle stems. Let's watch him next week and see what develops.

Just now, Ghoolie said:

Nice try, but no cigar. The Browns are not going to put in their #1  #1. If he played,  Now,  I do think this kid has brittle stems. Let's watch him next week and see what develops.

Nice try on what? And u might be right about his ankles but he tuffed it out on sunday and produced, so he's got heart ghoolie. As for this sunday i wouldnt expect much cause they're not gonna put him out there for more snaps than he had sunday. Might even sit him entirely and play him the following week limited like they did sunday, which would be my call if it were up to me

Just now, Ghoolie said:

Nice try on what? And u might be right about his ankles but he tuffed it out on sunday and produced, so he's got heart ghoolie. As for this sunday i wouldnt expect much cause they're not gonna put him out there for more snaps than he had sunday. Might even sit him entirely and play him the following week limited like they did sunday, which would be my call if it were up to me

Archived