THE BROWNS BOARD

Garrett Hurt Already

TopDawg31

16 hours ago, Mudfly said:

OL Better or worse?....hard to say.....but we are running the ball worse......and we are allowing as many sacks too.....other factors?.....maybe or maybe not.....

Twelve starting QBs have suffered more sacks then Kizer's 11. And we know he has taken more than was necessary. Proof? Kizer ranks 2nd in NextGen Stats' "time to throw" clocking in at 3.04 seconds. Whose #1? The new darling around here... Deshaun Watson at 3.11. https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/passing#average-time-to-throw

Then there's the sack trend for Weeks 1 thru 4... 7 - 2 - 1 - 1. To quote Sesame Street.... "One of these things is not like the others." https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/K/KizeDe00/gamelog/2017/

Run game? Touched on this a couple days ago. Out of the ShotGun we are primarily running ZBS. Crow is not a ZBS back. Don't have stats on this. Just working off casual observation and general formation tendencies.

The OL is better.

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/30/2017 at 3:13 PM, Tour2ma said:

Love to see your "vast documentation"... Link? Also like how you snuck the 70's into the argument...

It is on this board somewhere.  I put it here. There was a huge thread on it.   Maybe if you had paid attention the first time you would have remembered it.    You can try doing a search. 

Shut garret down for the season. Start bringing up ps guys and pylling guys off the couch sitting at home. Find out who wants to play some real football. Schult needed pulled off the couch 2 weeks ago. Og and nassib need to sit. Bringing garrett back too soon means nothing and jeopardizes his production next season. I hate to say thst cause I wanna see him out there, but him being out there will not help og ir nas one iota cause they're getting handled easily 1v1 as it is. 

Shmuck this team blow everyone but the rookies the phuck up. 

21 hours ago, Mudfly said:

OL Better or worse?....hard to say.....but we are running the ball worse......and we are allowing as many sacks too.....other factors?.....maybe or maybe not.....

Crow has no vision, he runs into the back of somebody every time he runs the ball. I swear he closes his eyes as soon as he feels the handoff. 

5 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

Shut garret down for the season. Start bringing up ps guys and pylling guys off the couch sitting at home. Find out who wants to play some real football. Schult needed pulled off the couch 2 weeks ago. Og and nassib need to sit. Bringing garrett back too soon means nothing and jeopardizes his production next season. I hate to say thst cause I wanna see him out there, but him being out there will not help og ir nas one iota cause they're getting handled easily 1v1 as it is. 

Shmuck this team blow everyone but the rookies the phuck up. 

Shut up about Schult already.

Just now, wargograw said:

Shut up about Schult already.

I would if he had played like Sheet. But he outplayed both nassib, orchard and holmes in presradon against the same guys. So yeah i wanna see other guys brought in so we can see what they got. Its 4 games in now, the cincy game sealed the deal. Our line is likely not going to see worse ol's than cincy and ny next week. Sooo its bad. It just is. 

Im not claiming schult can come in here and do better, im saying lets find out. 

29 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

I would if he had played like Sheet. But he outplayed both nassib, orchard and holmes in presradon against the same guys. So yeah i wanna see other guys brought in so we can see what they got. Its 4 games in now, the cincy game sealed the deal. Our line is likely not going to see worse ol's than cincy and ny next week. Sooo its bad. It just is. 

Im not claiming schult can come in here and do better, im saying lets find out. 

First quarter grades- Kizer F,  RBs D-, WRs F. Pass rush D. That is all.....   

17 hours ago, The Gipper said:

It is on this board somewhere.  I put it here. There was a huge thread on it.   Maybe if you had paid attention the first time you would have remembered it.    You can try doing a search. 

Says the guy who asks for every goggle-able crumb of info to be handed to him on a platter...

Ya know, I really thought we'd see Garrett for about 20-30 plays last week.  A home game, a division game, and a match-up where we needed every spark possible.  Obviously Garrett didn't play, and it's probably a good thing.  

I can't imagine he'll sit out again.  Perhaps he doesn't play the entire game, but I have to imagine he'll be in the game in some capacity.  I guess it all depends on how he responds to practice.  If there's too much swelling and pain, he'll likely sit out.  If his body reacts well, he'll get the nod.  Lord knows we need SOMETHING to spark this team, and we need it before the players mentally give up.  

I'm pretty confident we'll see Garrett, but perhaps the BIGGER issue is we'll be without Jamie Collins (more than likely, I don't KNOW for a fact, just guessing).  I really thought Collins would've been back now, but hey...it's just how it is right now.  Bad luck and more of it.  Fingers crossed Jamie Collins...we need you so much.  

34 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

Ya know, I really thought we'd see Garrett for about 20-30 plays last week.  A home game, a division game, and a match-up where we needed every spark possible.  Obviously Garrett didn't play, and it's probably a good thing.  

I can't imagine he'll sit out again.  Perhaps he doesn't play the entire game, but I have to imagine he'll be in the game in some capacity.  I guess it all depends on how he responds to practice.  If there's too much swelling and pain, he'll likely sit out.  If his body reacts well, he'll get the nod.  Lord knows we need SOMETHING to spark this team, and we need it before the players mentally give up.  

I'm pretty confident we'll see Garrett, but perhaps the BIGGER issue is we'll be without Jamie Collins (more than likely, I don't KNOW for a fact, just guessing).  I really thought Collins would've been back now, but hey...it's just how it is right now.  Bad luck and more of it.  Fingers crossed Jamie Collins...we need you so much.  

And Danny too. I really want to see all our D out there together @ 100%. I just think there is so much they can all do to keep the game close while we continue turning Kizer into a pro. It's too bad the Browns have been so bad so long. A team with a better recent history would have much more patience from fans during this difficult transition. We all have to keep remembering that it just started from scratch less than 2 years ago as a "new" old franchise. 

Patience grasshoppers.

6 minutes ago, nickers said:

Yes patience just to see Courtney Brown Part Deaux!

Go back and drool over your QB. I think that team needs your "support" more than the Browns players do. Take the Ghool with you.

40 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Go back and drool over your QB. I think that team needs your "support" more than the Browns players do. Take the Ghool with you.

Yeah? Well assuming he should be able to participate and contribute this Sunday...

On balance I try to be positive but I realize that the only way to shut up the guys that aren't positive is on the field. And it ain't happening yet.

WSS

I'm hoping he got some custom made carbon fiber ankle braces from Amazon Prime before he subjects those skinny little ankles to any future trauma. :ph34r:

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Says the guy who asks for every goggle-able crumb of info to be handed to him on a platter...

Hardly.    No one here has done more research into stuff than I have.  Point is I did "google" all this info....and I handed it to you on a platter.  You just have to go pick up the platter.

On the other hand, you could just take my  word on what I say and not  question me on every subject I put on here.

I stated that except for OL and interior DL.....(and QB average height) every other position in the NFL has players playing there that are not any bigger/taller/heavier than those players that played those positions. back in the 50s/60s/70s.   Thats a fact.  I did the research, I posted it.  

If you want to either question it, or reaffirm it with your own research, be my guest.   Or you can just acknowledge the accuracy of those facts.  Nothing you do will change those facts. 

43 minutes ago, nickers said:

Go back to Texas you Hilljack A$$hole and stay there!

Can one go back to where they are?

7 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Can one go back to where they are?

One can always go back to Kansas so to speak...

13 hours ago, nickers said:

One can always go back to Kansas so to speak...

But after the Brownback tax experiment who would want to?

8 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

But after the Brownback tax experiment who would want to?

Well yeah.. There is that lol

1 hour ago, nickers said:

Well yeah.. There is that lol

LOL!:lol: But now he's good to go! (But who wants that damn place unless you are near the Arky hills?).

http://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/336684-kansas-legislature-rolls-back-brownbacks-tax-cuts

15 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

LOL!:lol: But now he's good to go! (But who wants that damn place unless you are near the Arky hills?).

http://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/336684-kansas-legislature-rolls-back-brownbacks-tax-cuts

I hate to digress.. But dayum.. Most people in Arkansas are broke.. And theyre gonna hang that on them?.. Wow!

Pulled the plug on a tax policy Frankenstein in its 5th year. It's the fact that they did it retroactively that has landed a gut punch to an economy on life support. Small businesses are scrambling to come up with the cash they suddenly owe for 3/4ths of  2017.

As they say... states are the laboratories of democracy or in this case democrazy.

Love that Brownback still clings to his policy... Attaboy Sam!

What a dumb fukc. No pronouncement from the Browns FO, but the a$$hole decides to announce his return on his own.

http://www.wkyc.com/sports/nfl/browns/cleveland-browns-de-myles-garrett-appears-to-announce-return-from-injury-on-twitter/480783464

This guy is a piece of garbage.

Archived