TopDawg31

On 10/11/2017 at 8:22 AM, miktoxic said:

no. it's the weed.

Never smoked weed.

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, TopDawg31 said:

So the Monday morning Houston paper claimed Myles had a good game, sadly it was unnoticeable.  It's like having Joe Thomas and no QB , if we had watson at #1 and he was producing like he is for the Texans, nobody would give a Shmuck that we drafted him 1 overall. But we're stuck with garetts useless production.

and he was producing like he is for the Texans”

He wouldn’t be, so who cares?

11 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

Useless? The guy who's our SACK LEADER after only two games with limited reps is useless? Ok. Who do we put in at RDE coach lombardi?

Did ya watch Colts at Tenn.? Tenn. comes in on short week. Mariota was forced to stay in pocket due to knee sprain. Taylor Lewan draws a healthier Garrett. Ogbah gets Jack Conklin:(. Colts got 1 sack from a OLB..G.Williams may only have 1 area code to go get the QB..but damn is Tenn. loaded at TE & WR. Still all starts with stopping the run.

Well, stopping the run is about the only thing our team is good at, so I feel pretty decent about that.  Of course, facing Murray and Henry doesn't sound too fun to ME, but hopefully we'll continue to get decent penetration and gang tackling.  

My main concern is our red zone defense.  The Colts-Titans game really shouldn't have been close if Tennessee executed better in the red zone, and what's the best cure for an ailing red zone offense?  Why, it's playing the Cleveland Browns, of course.  It also doesn't help that Mariota is extremely accurate when he's on his game, and he isn't afraid to hit the TE on short and deep routes.  We've made some no-name TE's look like Ozzie Newsome this year, so if you need some Draft Kings gambling advice for fantasy football, pick up the Titans' TE and start him.  You likely won't be disappointed.  

As far as Garrett is concerned, I wouldn't be surprised if he took a little step back and came away with zero sacks this game.  I still think he'll play well against the run and get some pressure, but I expect opposing OC's to really game plan for Garrett, and do whatever they can to mitigate his presence.  This will potentially open the door for someone like Ogbah or Nassib, and if they have solid games, we could keep the game close.  If they play poorly, it might be a long day.  

11 hours ago, wargograw said:

Ghoolie’s like an addict. “I know I said I’d quit, but what if I just make useless one liners instead of my usual walls of text?”

3 weeks later. Full blown relapse. 

Meh... on "Ignore" they all look the same ===> " You've chosen to ignore content by Ghoolie. Options "

17 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

Useless? The guy who's our SACK LEADER after only two games with limited reps is useless? Ok. Who do we put in at RDE coach lombardi?

Give up... some folks analysis don't even get to the score... stop at "W" or "L".

11 hours ago, wargograw said:

and he was producing like he is for the Texans”

He wouldn’t be, so who cares?

Some people dont undetstand that tom brady would not be tom brady here in cleveland. This Sheet isnt plug n play. Carson wentz might not even be in a browns uni right now if we had drafted him the other year

5 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Did ya watch Colts at Tenn.? Tenn. comes in on short week. Mariota was forced to stay in pocket due to knee sprain. Taylor Lewan draws a healthier Garrett. Ogbah gets Jack Conklin:(. Colts got 1 sack from a OLB..G.Williams may only have 1 area code to go get the QB..but damn is Tenn. loaded at TE & WR. Still all starts with stopping the run.

Mariotta looked awesome in the pocket. I do not think Lewan and Conklin are unbeatable, and certainly our edge players are better than the Colts.

Titans' run game? Stuff between the tackles, something we have done quite well, and that's diminished considerably and with it their PAP game. Murray is an edge threat... and we know we have edge issues at times, but not all the time.

The key will be if Mariotta is healthy enough to be a threat in the run read-option. He was clearly not Monday nite, yet the Colts still honored him as a threat. If he's not, we must not. If he is, we are in trouble, but we have to make him test that hammie to its fullest early.

The pass read-option? We have to go man on any motion and live or die with that match up, and let the DE force MM to pass... something again the Colts failed to do.

Walker is their TE threat and a legit one at that. They do have Decker leading a nice WR Corps as MM's fav target and Taywan can take the top off a D, but the rest shouldn't scare us. And again if MM is not running, then we can go man-under and match up pretty well... if we can muster some pressure and make MM move more than a couple feet off his mark.

5 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

Well, stopping the run is about the only thing our team is good at, so I feel pretty decent about that.  Of course, facing Murray and Henry doesn't sound too fun to ME, but hopefully we'll continue to get decent penetration and gang tackling.  

My main concern is our red zone defense.  The Colts-Titans game really shouldn't have been close if Tennessee executed better in the red zone, and what's the best cure for an ailing red zone offense?  Why, it's playing the Cleveland Browns, of course.  It also doesn't help that Mariota is extremely accurate when he's on his game, and he isn't afraid to hit the TE on short and deep routes.  We've made some no-name TE's look like Ozzie Newsome this year, so if you need some Draft Kings gambling advice for fantasy football, pick up the Titans' TE and start him.  You likely won't be disappointed.  

As far as Garrett is concerned, I wouldn't be surprised if he took a little step back and came away with zero sacks this game.  I still think he'll play well against the run and get some pressure, but I expect opposing OC's to really game plan for Garrett, and do whatever they can to mitigate his presence.  This will potentially open the door for someone like Ogbah or Nassib, and if they have solid games, we could keep the game close.  If they play poorly, it might be a long day.  

Ogbah and nassib will be ogbah and nassib. We know who these guys are now. Same with orchard. Think of it this way.....neither of those guys got home against the jets. Against cincy i think ogbah may have gotten one, not sure how that sack went down i didnt watch it. But these guys are pedestrian characters against really bad o lineman. 

On 10/18/2017 at 2:05 PM, Clevfan4life said:

Ogbah and nassib will be ogbah and nassib. We know who these guys are now. Same with orchard. Think of it this way.....neither of those guys got home against the jets. Against cincy i think ogbah may have gotten one, not sure how that sack went down i didnt watch it. But these guys are pedestrian characters against really bad o lineman. 

Ogbah made the play of his young career against the Bengals.  Beat his man, knocked the ball from Dalton's hand, and I think he may have recovered it.  Not sure.  But it was a tremendous play that gave our team the ball in Bengals' territory.  Obviously we screwed it up, but you already knew that.  Pretty sure that was the drive where Britt fell down on 3rd and 8, and he wasn't able to locate the ball...which was perfectly thrown btw.  It would've been 1st and ten, or 1st and goal.  Alas, Britt screwed it up, we tried a FG, and we missed it.  Naturally.  

As you indicated, these plays are few and far between for Ogbah.  Not only that, Ogbah is getting blocked too easily by one man, and he's not doing a great job of "setting the edge".  Nassib isn't special either, but the one thing he has is a nonstop motor...which is better than nothing.  Garrett will have several chances to make a play, but he's not going to sneak up on anybody.  The Titans will be very ready for him, and they'll probably do things like roll the pocket away from him, double team him, chip him with a RB, or whatever else they can think of to mitigate Garrett's vast physical abilities.  And it's worth noting that Garrett is approaching 100% health, which is pretty scary.  He needs his ankle to be completely healthy so he can access his full toolbox, primarily his "bend" that enables him to get so low while driving hard.  That bend places tremendous strain on the ankle, and it's likely he doesn't totally trust it yet.  So far he hasn't had an injury setback (knock on wood...twice), and that's incredible.  Ankles are funny things that seem to never heal, but it's encouraging to see Garrett getting better and healthier each week.  

If we just had somebody else to pick up the slack, we'd be dangerous to face on 3rd down.  

• Mark O pinned and unpinned this topic
21 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

When was the last time a player went to the coach midweek wanted some time off and said he thought he might have a concussion...

Couple weeks ago... IIRC... can't remember who tho...

It's happened more than a few times since the protocol has come to the league. First, I can remember is Calvin Johnson who got absolutely wiped out, but returned "cleared" to play that game. Next week... he could not practice.

21 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

So Garrett told the coach yesterday he didn't feel good and thought he must have a concussion or something. When was the last time a player went to the coach midweek wanted some time off and said he thought he might have a concussion...

WSS

WHen he was mourning not being taken by Jerry Jones. Myles Garrett is a cowardly piece of dog schidt. His ankle is the problem. There is nothing between his ears to be injured. Like I said.................. the worst waste of a #1 #1 in the history of the Browns. I hope the guy's next injury is career ending. He and Joe Thomas can sell cars together.

On 10/25/2017 at 2:04 PM, Westside Steve said:

So Garrett told the coach yesterday he didn't feel good and thought he must have a concussion or something. When was the last time a player went to the coach midweek wanted some time off and said he thought he might have a concussion...

WSS

probably wants to ride his rookie contract out and get traded at the worst case scenario

is excited to be a brown and not 100% at the best case scenario

• 1 month later...

So the China doll hurt his ankle again today in practice, going unnoticed with the bigger news today.

On 10/26/2017 at 6:16 PM, stillmotion said:

probably wants to ride his rookie contract out and get traded at the worst case scenario

is excited to be a brown and not 100% at the best case scenario

Could be but doesn't it seem like at this point in a winless season lots of players figure might as well take the last few games off? His position is secure unlike some of the bubble guy.

WSS

he just reagravated what happened to him last sunday against the chargers. If you can find the play you'll see what Okung did to him. I can't believe it wasn't called. Garretss ankle hasn't been 100% all year, so Okung draping himself over his back while also blatantly holding him...did that ankle no favors. I'd say shut him down but what are we down to now? Nassib and orchard.....dear fukking god this is depressing. I might take the next couple weeks till the end of the season to just savage Nassib and Orchard for you guys and just put their sht poor technique on complete blast. Just detail every painful fail. Fuk I hate this so much. Where's our depth now? Did Schult land anywhere? Like fukking get him back here now. 

3 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

he just reagravated what happened to him last sunday against the chargers. If you can find the play you'll see what Okung did to him. I can't believe it wasn't called. Garretss ankle hasn't been 100% all year, so Okung draping himself over his back while also blatantly holding him...did that ankle no favors. I'd say shut him down but what are we down to now? Nassib and orchard.....dear fukking god this is depressing. I might take the next couple weeks till the end of the season to just savage Nassib and Orchard for you guys and just put their sht poor technique on complete blast. Just detail every painful fail. Fuk I hate this so much. Where's our depth now? Did Schult land anywhere? Like fukking get him back here now. 

Okung got  called for holding on that play

2 hours ago, Richiswhere said:

Okung got  called for holding on that play

Oh he did? Ok, i misremembered then. I was so mad when it happened i guess i missed it. I knew right away what happened. Garrett ghisted underneath okungs outside shoulder and would have had a clear run at rivers. I dont mibd the hold but the draping urself over a guy....they prob told okung to try sht like that during the week. Try to get garretts ankles loaded up as he goes around the edge. Nothing illegal but fuk thats chicken sht bush league. Okungs sypposed to be one of the best pass protecting LT's in the league. If u get beat fibe, hold him....but something seemed deliberate to me.

The hold by Okung was garbage and very easily could have injured Garrett severely because his foot got trapped underneath him and looked BAD. Garrett is a super tough mother, but that looked PAINFUL because you knew that ankle was already hurting. Penalties are part of the game, but it was equally frustrating because Garrett really could've used that sack, and it's possible he could have stripped the ball. 

I'd really like to see Garrett have a 2 sack game Sunday. He's got 5 right now and multiple other pressures, and he's also been quite effective against the run. I'm very happy with him. Still, I'd like to see him get rewarded with some official sacks, and definitely a strip-sack. A game-changing play...that's what we need from our #1 pick. It's going to be difficult with Ogbah out and Nassib being such a drop off, but it can be done. 

1 hour ago, jiggins7919 said:

The hold by Okung was garbage and very easily could have injured Garrett severely because his foot got trapped underneath him and looked BAD. Garrett is a super tough mother, but that looked PAINFUL because you knew that ankle was already hurting. Penalties are part of the game, but it was equally frustrating because Garrett really could've used that sack, and it's possible he could have stripped the ball. 

I'd really like to see Garrett have a 2 sack game Sunday. He's got 5 right now and multiple other pressures, and he's also been quite effective against the run. I'm very happy with him. Still, I'd like to see him get rewarded with some official sacks, and definitely a strip-sack. A game-changing play...that's what we need from our #1 pick. It's going to be difficult with Ogbah out and Nassib being such a drop off, but it can be done. 

That was a cheap shot,  and robbed him of a sure sack. Saved their qb from a big hit,  definitely 

Archived