THE BROWNS BOARD

Garrett Hurt Already

TopDawg31

13 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

No no, i know exactly what i saw...u dont. Ill give you that you know some stuff about some other things, but you have "zero" eye for front 7 mechanics.

He clearly knows a lot more about sucking "gopher dikc" than football...

Now all we need is an animal "husbandry" section of the Board.

22 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Draft is BPA and if that says edge rusher - so be it.   

I want this team to have an identity and if that means having a top 3 dline, then I'm perfectly ok with it.  

Ditto... but BPA is not always as clear cut as it was for us to kick off the 2017 Draft... and need is a legit tie-breaker.

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

Uh oh, trubs shitting the bed?

Nah... just being a rookie.

Most of the game he looked good in a massively simplified game plan that had him on the move a lot. Made a couple insanely good throws on the move. A couple from the pocket as well, but less impressive there. And the pocket is where he was strip-sacked from the blindside. Not really his fault tho, pretty clean beat of his LT.

The late INT was a bad one tho. Failed to see the position that Smith, the SS had on Chi's TE in a broken play.

12 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Since I have him on ignore I can only assume Dr. G. agrees with me. 2 Turnover Trubiski!LOL!!:lol:

Doubtful... but I liked the alliteration...

12 hours ago, hoorta said:

And Trubs one TD should have been an interception that the Vikings defender tipped right to his receiver. High and short.   :P

Yeah.... but since I'd picked up Sendajo (?) in the IDP league, it was not to be.

14 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

No, i could see his ankle wasn't 100% from the beginning and ill explain how. His first sack was a stunt to the inside and was a pure function of straight line speed and fluid hip movement. Both of which are not terribly affected by a bad ankle. His straight forward bull rush was also ok because that is also a function of straight line drive. The instant i saw his bidy angle going around the edge i knew he was off. He was not cutting on that ankle and he wasn't leaning in going around the edge where you gave to flex ur ankle as a 320lb tackle is pushing on you. 

So the kid in limited reps found ways to work around his injury and produce more than our healthy guys that also played twice as many snaps

Trollie is just ignoring the obvious to get a response. It's  a waste of your time to argue with him.  Took me a while to figure that out. Every OBJECTIVE commentator said Garrett had a a great game, considering how his snaps were limited. Like 18 of them.  A sack every 9 plays will get you in the HOF. I saw a guy who was worthy of the #1 overall pick. 

On 10/9/2017 at 8:18 PM, SD_Tom said:

Glad we don't have a pansy like JJ Watt either. He's a waste of a roster spot.... always injured. What a pussy

truth. always right there on the field in the end pushing them single-handedly into the SB rings. JJ Watt glory on high.

15 hours ago, hoorta said:

Because Ghoolie is never wrong. 

Seldom Wrong. Trubisky did well. His team has swaggar. The guy is the deal.

The ONLY objective commentator...................... is me.

When you find someone who can even attain 1/10th my accuracy, THEN you can bring outside sources to the table. As it is, there is nobody who is more astute about football, than I.

1 hour ago, Ghoolie said:

The ONLY objective commentator...................... is me.

When you find someone who can even attain 1/10th my accuracy, THEN you can bring outside sources to the table. As it is, there is nobody who is more astute about football, than I.

Instead of claiming that try studying the mechanics of the game so you have a general idea of schemes, formations and plays. Like i give our other DE's alot of Sheet when the call was clearly to get after the qb and they coyldnt. But sometimes the front 4's assignments are to create a pocket which opens lanes for blitzers, thats the kind of stuff you seem to not understand and you make critical comments about me hanics you clearly dont understand. 

Like me i have a very poor eye for wr/db play.....so i only get hot when receivers drop balls that would hit them in the finger if they had no hands. I u detstand enough to know that receivers dont want balls much higher than waist level because they gave to get their hands and shoulders down quick or a quick hit could dislodge the ball. But other than those obvious situations, i stay away from critiquing that which i poorly understand. I let other people yammer about what an awful  angle peppers took on a specific route or how this other pooper didnt get enough depth on his wheel route etc,etc. 

you could stand just a smidge of modesty when it comes to things you show daily u dont understand the best. Other stuff, like the state of the franchise and some of ur other criticisms of the staff and organization, fair enough....i often find myself agreeing with u, begrudgingly usually because of the way u come off.

but i swear if jimmy fires hue and a new DC gets brought in and we go to a 3-4 you will be fighting me fat boy. Those Sheet 3-4's that had ps guys running for 170 on us kept me up at night. We're finally doing "ok" defensively and pretty damn good against the run so far despite having a Retarded LDE. Coffee fetch williams goes nowhere or its ur arse capiche?

21 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

And Dr. G's big rookie pick just threw a pick against Minn with 2:20 to go. Shall we call him 2 turnover Trubiski?:P

well for now we can at least say we are not worse than Chicago,I mean why in the hell would they start trub ? they gave  glennon all that money let him go out and get his butt kicked in they are not going to the playoffs this year so why take a chance on getting trub killed

4 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

Instead of claiming that try studying the mechanics of the game so you have a general idea of schemes, formations and plays. Like i give our other DE's alot of Sheet when the call was clearly to get after the qb and they coyldnt. But sometimes the front 4's assignments are to create a pocket which opens lanes for blitzers, thats the kind of stuff you seem to not understand and you make critical comments about me hanics you clearly dont understand. 

Like me i have a very poor eye for wr/db play.....so i only get hot when receivers drop balls that would hit them in the finger if they had no hands. I u detstand enough to know that receivers dont want balls much higher than waist level because they gave to get their hands and shoulders down quick or a quick hit could dislodge the ball. But other than those obvious situations, i stay away from critiquing that which i poorly understand. I let other people yammer about what an awful  angle peppers took on a specific route or how this other pooper didnt get enough depth on his wheel route etc,etc. 

you could stand just a smidge of modesty when it comes to things you show daily u dont understand the best. Other stuff, like the state of the franchise and some of ur other criticisms of the staff and organization, fair enough....i often find myself agreeing with u, begrudgingly usually because of the way u come off.

but i swear if jimmy fires hue and a new DC gets brought in and we go to a 3-4 you will be fighting me fat boy. Those Sheet 3-4's that had ps guys running for 170 on us kept me up at night. We're finally doing "ok" defensively and pretty damn good against the run so far despite having a Retarded LDE. Coffee fetch williams goes nowhere or its ur arse capiche?

Clev........my style is purposeful, albeit, pretty incomprehensible to most, I think. My interest in the Browns, while largely depleted has always come in at a far second to my interest in seeing what values, insight, intelligence and reasoning people have. You just touched on on something I have always recognized, and been perplexed by.  

You mention to me that you often agree with my views, "begrudgingly, because of the way I present them". Now, step back and think about the ramifications of what you are saying. And trust me, most people are far less capable than you are of recognizing this behavior let alone man-ing up to admit engaging in it. 

For most people today, it is the MESSENGER, and not the MESSAGE that dries people. For that very reason, I purposely deliver my message in the most acerbic, harsh, often crass manner possible. It amazes me that no matter how often I am dead on about things, (and you know damn well, I do predict things far, far before anyone, even the pros see them), people don't want to admit it............ WHY? Because they hate the messenger. 

People today, and yes, it applies to the majority who post here (Not you, not the many personal pals I have made over the years, but most posters), are not intelligent enough to acertain whether something is true or not. What they believe is mostly driven by whether or not they like the person delivering the message. Now, in my work, volunteer efforts, personal friendships, I am the most amiable guy you would ever meet. That is the place for such things.

The friends that I have made here, largely began on AOL has hating my guts. But today, we stay in touch, and transcended this goofy board, and, are not really bound together by Browns-ania. 

People think I am self important, but really, it isn't me that has self-important ego issues. My Sheet is so over the top, only a true jackoff could get worked up about this. ANd therein lies the Ghoolie, Fuel-ie. Is it foolish to bank on the glass and piss off the monkeys? Yeah, maybe, but.............these are not monkeys I am torturing, these are adults. That is what makes it fhucked up.

Bully? Me? Really? One fahking guy who pretty much posts the same, consistent message over and over. I mean, you have to give me that, the schidt I say, I repeat, stick to and come back in to take the heat.

Bully? Have I ever threatened to beat someone up? Yet, Zomblow is so worked up he goes to bed, literally imagining himself fighting me in a ring. D-boner wants to "stop by my house and deliver a little message" Have you ever seen me actually learn something about a posters personal life and then attacked it or interjected it into their posting identity?  Hoorta is telling me that his wife has been telling him to ignore me for YEARS? What the faulk dude, what kind of a mental retread is so frustrated at Ghoolie, that he confides in his wife about me? Dude.............. THAT is a cry for psychological help.

There is a big difference between telling a guy you are going to faulk his wife........ as opposed to finding his wife's name, and posting it along with the message that you faulk her.

It is ME who is hiding behind a computer screen? No faulking schidt?  Not once, not ever can you find a post where I researched a posters true identity and crossed over into reality, from football talk; not once where I posted a person's real life photo that they had not put here first by themselves. (And no, I don't give a crap that something posted all over the Internet, gets copied here. It is the principle of just how fanatic jackoffs are abot this idiotic thing called football)

It isn't me who has a problem with self importance, it is all of the people who who secretely say to each other (Ghoolie is right)....but don't have the testicular fortitude to admit it. Hence, I don't just rattle cages............. I rattle brain stems.

you are a good guy, and intelligent kid. I get it, my schidt is tough to deal with. At the end of the day? It leaves me with friends who really are the kind of special people you want in your corner........... WSS, Chiccopee, Stan, Rich, Doug, Eric, KS (God Bless Her Soul), Roach, and quite a few more. But you know, at the end of the day, if talking about football makes you emotional in any way? You really are the worst kind of fauked up.

No i agree with everything u just said ghoolie. Except that when are demonstrably wrong you won't own up to it. You expect booby tasseled bj's from everyone when something you predicted comes true. But like this garrett thing is just puzzling, he has a pretty decent game limping on one leg yet u cant bring yourself to say he gad a good game and perhaps i was wrong but we'll revisit this at the end of the year.

i've said repeatedly i'm not anointing this kid anything until he's produced for a couple seasons. But what he showed sunday on one leg is indicative of the kind of talent he possesses and "heart". Something you claimed he gas none of yet he's essentially been now playing two years with injuries. Your prognosis about his ankles may very well be right, but that remains to be seen. Clowney came back from a FAR worse injury, look it up if u dont beleive me....

so you claim people just want to hate the messenger but then admit you post here in the most brash asswholeish manner you can muster. Why so surprised?

Ok, back to Garrett...

Has anybody heard a status update about him?  Did he tweak his ankle?  Is he more hurt now than last week?  Has anybody said how much he'll play, if any?  It was obvious to everyone that Garrett was laboring at the end of the game, and couldn't move well.  I'm hoping to heck that he simply stiffened up and didn't hurt himself further.  Of course, we're playing a mobile QB this weekend, and that doesn't help matters either.  

I have a feeling we're going to get the dreaded "triple whammy" this weekend.

1.  We lose (duh)

2.  The QB we should've drafted beats us and looks all-world, while ours sits on the bench and our starter looks like a backup (I have...foreseen it)

3.  Houston beats us and decreases the value of our 1st and 2nd round picks we have from them (icing on the cake)

2 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

Ok, back to Garrett...

Has anybody heard a status update about him?  Did he tweak his ankle?  Is he more hurt now than last week?  Has anybody said how much he'll play, if any?  It was obvious to everyone that Garrett was laboring at the end of the game, and couldn't move well.  I'm hoping to heck that he simply stiffened up and didn't hurt himself further.  Of course, we're playing a mobile QB this weekend, and that doesn't help matters either.  

I have a feeling we're going to get the dreaded "triple whammy" this weekend.

1.  We lose (duh)

2.  The QB we should've drafted beats us and looks all-world, while ours sits on the bench and our starter looks like a backup (I have...foreseen it)

3.  Houston beats us and decreases the value of our 1st and 2nd round picks we have from them (icing on the cake)

They are playing him more next game according to Hue.

As far as in concerned they can shut him down. Because in this past offseason he was a rookie and then the combine before that....his ankle has really never had proper rest. Shut him down for next year, pull another guy off the ps or waivers (schult?) and tell em all they gave the rest of the season to compete fir the starting LDE spot next year

his 10 snap performance imo solidified why we drafted him and why he's the starting RDE next year. Its the other side we need to figure out if we got that guy or we need to go get him in FA

21 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

They are playing him more next game according to Hue.

Texas, this is absolutely great news, and we really needed it.  I just read a few articles which said the same thing, and I was really worried that he tweaked it, but was fairly certain he was just stiff.  If I was a betting man, I would actually bet against Garrett this week in terms of sacking the QB.  Watson is a slippery little bugger, and getting to him won't be an easy task.  However, that doesn't mean Garrett can't affect the game.  Flushing Watson out of the pocket, making him speed up his progressions, or forcing him to throw the ball out of bounds are all ways Garrett could positively affect the game, and who knows...maybe I'm wrong and Myles will bring him down a time or two.  I also don't think it's a coincidence that Ogbah had a decent game as well.  

Injury updates are indicating MG is among the least of our concerns...

Anyone know when Shon Coleman was dinged? Tretter?

............................................................|M.T..W....Th..F

B.J. Bello CLE LB Ques Neck LP LP
Kenny Britt CLE WR Ques Groin LP LP
James Burgess CLE LB Ques Knee DNP DNP
Sammie Coates CLE WR     FP FP
Shon Coleman CLE OT Ques Knee DNP
Jamie Collins CLE LB     FP FP
Myles Garrett CLE DE Ques Ankle LP LP
Jamie Meder CLE DT Ques Toe LP LP
Danny Shelton CLE DT     FP FP
Jamar Taylor CLE CB Ques Ribs DNP LP
Randall Telfer CLE TE     FP FP
Joe Thomas CLE OT     DNP FP
J.C. Tretter CLE C Ques Knee DNP DNP
Kevin Zeitler CLE OG     FP FP

CBS Cleveland says both OL will play Sunday..Shon had knee scare Weds. at practice. a final look from Hue for both Friday maybe..But hey, Grigson on 10-9 got another Colt OL Andrew Wylie on PS & a TE from Pats Levnell? that puts JP Holtz on the street

So the Monday morning Houston paper claimed Myles had a good game, sadly it was unnoticeable.  It's like having Joe Thomas and no QB , if we had watson at #1 and he was producing like he is for the Texans, nobody would give a Shmuck that we drafted him 1 overall. But we're stuck with garetts useless production.

45 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

Useless? The guy who's our SACK LEADER after only two games with limited reps is useless? Ok. Who do we put in at RDE coach lombardi?

u mean the games he's been available? 1 sack above the rest.....ohhhhh! how many tackles....3 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!

48 minutes ago, miktoxic said:

u mean the games he's been available? 1 sack above the rest.....ohhhhh! how many tackles....3 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!

The fact he's only been available for two "limited rep" games and is already leading the team in sacks doesnt tegister with u he's the best we got?

and he was primarily utilized on pass rushing downs so thats why his tackle count is lower. But he's at 4 tackles over 2 games and ogbah is at 12 over 6 games. Ratio the same except that ogbah has WAY WAY WAY more snaps per game. 

Archived