THE BROWNS BOARD

How about them Dirty Sox? What should be done?

flyingfooldoug

Anyone interested in baseball history should pick up the book: 'The Echoing Green: The Untold Story of Bobby Thompson, Ralph Branca and The Shot Heard Round The World'. Covers the 1951 National League pennant race between the Brooklyn Dodgers and the N.Y. Giants, that ended with the most famous homerun in MLB history, after the Giants were 13.5 games behind the Dodgers in August.

Stealing signs was a big part of it.

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

Could be worse. Lazy Eye Sarah Huckabee Sanders comes to mind. Yikes.

She's scary, never changes her look or voice tone.....press secretary used to be a PR type job not her!

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

Anyone interested in baseball history should pick up the book: 'The Echoing Green: The Untold Story of Bobby Thompson, Ralph Branca and The Shot Heard Round The World'. Covers the 1951 National League pennant race between the Brooklyn Dodgers and the N.Y. Giants, that ended with the most famous homerun in MLB history, after the Giants were 13.5 games behind the Dodgers in August.

A guy on base picking up signs from the catcher is one thing. A outfield camera picking up the signs and relaying that info to the dugout then to the batter electronically seems to be pushing it tho.

34 minutes ago, flyingfooldoug said:

A guy on base picking up signs from the catcher is one thing. A outfield camera picking up the signs and relaying that info to the dugout then to the batter electronically seems to be pushing it tho.

The '51 Giants used a Navy telescope set up in an upstairs office of the building in dead center of the Polo Grounds, an electronic buzzer system and a catcher in the bullpen.

2 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

The '51 Giants used a Navy telescope set up in an upstairs office of the building in dead center of the Polo Grounds, an electronic buzzer system and a catcher in the bullpen.

That's just flat out cheating. I've never been into that crap. If you can't win on the field and you have to resort to trickery to win, that's just another brand of loser in my book. Fuck the Sux!

6 hours ago, flyingfooldoug said:

That's just flat out cheating. I've never been into that crap. If you can't win on the field and you have to resort to trickery to win, that's just another brand of loser in my book. Fuck the Sux!

If it favors the home team 100% and uses electonic or other non between the dugout and field it's CHEATING! What's next bugging the visitor's dugout or locker room....or is that being done now? :blink:

On 9/6/2017 at 9:05 PM, Dutch Oven said:

On 9/6/2017 at 10:14 PM, flyingfooldoug said:

Disqualification of post season play should solve this issue rather quickly. My Dad said to me once, "If the punishment is too harsh & unfair, you won't do it again, will you?".  The older I get, the more I agree with his thinking.

Mike

I remember thinking that 12-10 loss at Fenway seemed fishy. Mitch Moreland hit a chest high fastball 400 feet.

I vividly recall thinking: "How the hell did he hit THAT pitch like that. He swung at it like he knew it was coming..."

Well, maybe he did.

Nice staying on topic but if you get off hot chicks is a good way......well only Melania qualifies there so far. Just sayin'.

On 9/9/2017 at 3:52 PM, mjp28 said:

Nice staying on topic but if you get off hot chicks is a good way......well only Melania qualifies there so far. Just sayin'.

Maybe they can do a remake of "Air Force One", with the First Lady being the "heroine" who is kicking ass in this type of outfit:

(yes, this is Melania)

On 9/11/2017 at 10:38 AM, mjp28 said:

Yes politics at the highest level has turned Hollywood. We now have a babe as first lady.  :)

Melania Trump - yet another immigrant doing the job no American wants to do - be Trump's wife.

Archived