THE BROWNS BOARD

This Is Steeler Week - At Home

Orion

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

This O Line has great talent...and talent will out.  The Steelers line has good talent...but great coaching (Munchak)  You take a short sighted approach...and act like this is a one game season instead of a 16 game season.  Will it take a few games for this OL to gel?  Sure....but you are smart enough to know that "for a while"  does not have to be very long at all for an OL to get good if the talent is there.  (or, are you?)

Yes, you are correct.  Munchak is amazing and he coaches the TE's blocking game as well.  It may take a few games for the CLE - O line to start playing well.  I have seen it take 14 games for an O line with average talent to start playing well together.  So, don't expect CLE's O line to play well in game one.

Le’Veon Bell is unlike anything  I have ever seen, so try to allow yourself to appreciate that.  Yes, he has a good line but he appears to have something magical in that he appears to be able to put defenders to sleep for a second or two or somehow freeze them.  He plays the position in the opposite manner in which that position is taught and coached.  He is slow. He is so slow that Center, M. Pouncey is a lead, downfield blocker for him from time-to-time.   His yards per carry is 4.9 in each of the past two seasons.  He is expected to play at CLE.  I don't know if he will make it through the season as he never plays a whole season but he will be in CLE for game one.  Try to appreciate it.

He is from Ohio.  That should count for something.

Get yinz's popcorn ready.

1 minute ago, Dick Mellon said:

Yes, you are correct.  Munchak is amazing and he coaches the TE's blocking game as well.  It may take a few games for the CLE - O line to start playing well.  I have seen it take 14 games for an O line with average talent to start playing well together.  So, don't expect CLE's O line to play well in game one.

I expect them to play " well "in game one...given their talent.  And I expect them to play better as things go along. They have played well in the preseason so far, for what that is worth.  Of course, the question is that we do have a question mark playing at RT...a new starter in Shon Coleman.  And as we have learned...it only takes one weak link to make an entire OL not look like it is playing well.

Le’Veon Bell is unlike anything  I have ever seen, so try to allow yourself to appreciate that.  Yes, he has a good line but he appears to have something magical in that he appears to be able to put defenders to sleep for a second or two or somehow freeze them.  He plays the position in the opposite manner in which that position is taught and coached.  He is slow. He is so slow that Center, M. Pouncey is a lead, downfield blocker for him from time-to-time.   His yards per carry is 4.9 in each of the past two seasons.  He is expected to play at CLE.  I don't know if he will make it through the season as he never plays a whole season but he will be in CLE for game one.  Try to appreciate it.

Oh, I have seen players like him.  Marshall Faulk comes to mind. Ernest Byner actually also comes to mind....except Ernest had another beast playing beside him in Kevin Mack...so Byner didn't get all the chances on that team...but he was much like Bell. LaDanian Tomlinson as well...was actually better at both. Roger Craig certainly.  Warrick Dunn, Thurman Thomas. And Marcus Allen.  All great RBs all great in the pass game as well.

He is from Ohio.  That should count for something.

He is from around Columbus...so, no, it counts for nothing.:P

Get yinz's popcorn ready.

4 hours ago, gumby73 said:

We'll continue to call him Labia Bell for ya coach

. . . . .  considering that Le’Veon Bell has been somewhat injury prone and considering that Gregg Williams has run a bounty system with virtually every team he has ever coached, let's see if Le’Veon Bell makes it through the game.

21 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Here is how the game goes.

There are several key characteristics of the Browns

• Run-First QB who is erratic passing, and prone to running
  • Little threat in the receiving corps
  • Continued propensity to commit penalties and make dumb mistakes

That said, the Steeler will play conservative on both sides of the ball. They have no worry about scoring a lot of points to win.

You guys should be happy with a close first half, perhaps the Browns even on top. But it won't last. The more Kizer passes the better off it is for the Steelers. If Kizer throws 30+ you have 2 ints minimum, 3 most likely, and you can look for him to take some really hard hits. Garrett will be allowed to edge rush, never breaking free,  the Steelers will run a lot, and after ahile the Cleveland D and OL will be gassed.  I woudl expect a 4th Qtr self-immolation and a 13 - 17 point Steeler 4th QTR to cover in the spread or be damned close to it. 

Steelers 31 Browns 16.   Hue improves to 1 - 16 

Conveniently no longer counting the preseason? Sweet. 

19 hours ago, policeman said:

Aren't you like in your sixties? Why don't you grow the fuck up. You sound like a jack off. Just saying.

Glad someone said it. 

I certainly understand not everyone adhering to the same Christian standards I try to, but some of the stuff around here is just sick. Did not think grown men talked so childishly until I got to this board. 

8 minutes ago, wargograw said:

Conveniently no longer counting the preseason? Sweet. 

NO we can count it. YOu guys were just all pissed off. I am good with it. Hue Jackson is 5 - 19 combined.         I M P R E S S I V E.................. Feel better now?

It's convenient you did what we asked you to do all along only after the Browns won preseason games though...

i dont care care either way. What I do care about is you doctoring the presentation to make it look as bad as possible. 

11 minutes ago, wargograw said:

Glad someone said it. 

I certainly understand not everyone adhering to the same Christian standards I try to, but some of the stuff around here is just sick. Did not think grown men talked so childishly until I got to this board. 

If you are so fucking sensitive....then go on line to watch pictures of kittens and bunnies. That seems about your speed. 

7 minutes ago, bbedward said:

I know this isn't the prediction thread, but:

Browns: 72

Steelers: 3

Seems like the most likely outcome to me.

Why not make it 74-3 since 73 points is the NFL record for most points in a game.

That reminds me...I think I will start a "Crazy Prediction Thread.

I was really liking our chances against Pittsburgh this week... UNTIL-

1) Several very key and encumbering injuries. Notably Shelton, Tank Carder and Garrett.

2) The release of KEY veteran players and players with potential. Haden, Bryant and now Pryor.

3) Rodger Goodell taking his sweet time allowing Josh Gordon to resume his football career. 

I'm sure there are even more injuries that I've not even mentioned but I know there are SEVERAL on the Offensive side of the ball as well.

Now, because Pryor didn't back down when Hue said "stop it guys, knock it off" we are now without a hard hitting safety that had become a weapon on the Defensive side of the ball. I'm not sure how Greg Williams is going to like Hue just scraping some of his plans to utilize the guy. I get Hue was pissed that Pryor didn't back down but that's the defensive mentality of his team right now. I think Hue and Sashi need to try and keep their big swinging dicks in a bucket of ice and check their egos before they lose this team.

As I already said, I do think that they've already lost the locker room after they cut Haden. The players understand Haden's ability and THEY KNOW he was a special player, and to get punked like that from the F.O.- not a good look at all. 

8 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

2) The release of KEY veteran players and players with potential. Haden, Bryant and now Pryor.

Haden has been toasted by receivers for some time now...and he's always hurt.  They wanted him to take a pay cut, now I know that seems strange in light of the Osweiler situation but I think they thought he's just not that good anymore.  Let's see how he does as a Steeler over the season.  (not so much against us, we're weak at receiver)

Bryant was old and had been injured.  They didn't see much out of him this preseason.

And Pryor can't seem to stick on a team.  Why is that do we think?  If he's not going to listen to the HC then what do ya do with him?  They could've suspended him...but obviously didn't think he was worth the headaches.

I'm currently not the biggest Hue supporter...but these moves don't really surprise me.

12 hours ago, The Gipper said:

If you are so fucking sensitive....then go on line to watch pictures of kittens and bunnies. That seems about your speed. 

So here is the lowdown with Gipper, food coloring to my jizz, being a Christian, and what ever other random shit comes into my brain.

1) Gipper has some weird ways. That is the price one pays for a premium membership into this goofy fucking place. If the guy wants to fucktard me for picking the Steelers, God Bless him. What the fuck do I care? Words on a message board. By the way Gips, there is no such thing as black food coloring. I mean, you can add shit together I suppose. Gipper also happens to be one of the most generous contributors of time to this board. If you don't like his bullshit, don't read it. Otherwise, grow a set of balls and shut the fuck up.

Does anyone know how to get jism stains out of a Browns shirt? Fuck, I just bought this damned thing.

2) I believe, more than anything in life that Jesus Christ is the Son of the only God. I believe he is the only way to Salvation. I also believe that Jesus often shakes his head at what a disappointment I sometimes am to him. HOWEVER..............Nowhere in his trials and tribulations did he say anything like "The good standards I try to live by (or post). A Christian is not supposed to announce himself as such. He is merely suupposed to do good works and let people gravitate to them.

Jeez, how many of you wear pantyhose?

Garrett is out for at least two games, the QB position is in flux, the defense backs are untested and this is the first year for this offense line.  This is not a recipe for success but more likely a 1 and 15 record again or may be a 0 and 16 start for the 2017/2018 season and hopefully another first round draft pick.  I had confidence that the Browns were on the right track but a quote I made to a Raven's fan here is DC rings true today as it did 4 years ago, "Winners win and Losers lose".  I love Cleveland but they are losers and will always be losers until they win.  Once they start winning they will get breaks and calls on the field will go their way.  But for now gird your loins ladies and gentlemen this season will be a disappointment that will be worse than last season on all levels.  I have no idea how to reverse the Browns unlucky and dismal spiral short of moving the team (it's already be gutted) to some other place (St Louis would be a good choice) or just disbanding it (due to it's inability to compete like what occurred to the Dayton Triangles) outright and make it a semi-pro team.  Once I heard the Garrett was out I cancelled the NFL channel in the nick of time and got a refund.  I guess their is an aluminum lining to this cloud.    

55 minutes ago, Hunter33109 said:

"Winners win and Losers lose".

Philosophy major? ;)

Welcome to the Boards...

55 minutes ago, Hunter33109 said:

Once I heard the Garrett was out I cancelled the NFL channel in the nick of time and got a refund.

Bad move... have to watch the process. This is the first time in three years that I haven't considered cancelling.

I did cancel once... 2011 IIRC... Shurmur's first year.

11 hours ago, PoeticG said:

I was really liking our chances against Pittsburgh this week... UNTIL-

1) Several very key and encumbering injuries. Notably Shelton, Tank Carder and Garrett.

3) Rodger Goodell taking his sweet time allowing Josh Gordon to resume his football career. 

I'm sure there are even more injuries that I've not even mentioned but I know there are SEVERAL on the Offensive side of the ball as well.

Now, because Pryor didn't back down when Hue said "stop it guys, knock it off" we are now without a hard hitting safety that had become a weapon on the Defensive side of the ball. I'm not sure how Greg Williams is going to like Hue just scraping some of his plans to utilize the guy. I get Hue was pissed that Pryor didn't back down but that's the defensive mentality of his team right now. I think Hue and Sashi need to try and keep their big swinging dicks in a bucket of ice and check their egos before they lose this team.

As I already said, I do think that they've already lost the locker room after they cut Haden. The players understand Haden's ability and THEY KNOW he was a special player, and to get punked like that from the F.O.- not a good look at all. 

I think that it is only in your fantasies that anything you say here is true. 

7 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

So here is the lowdown with Gipper, food coloring to my jizz, being a Christian, and what ever other random shit comes into my brain.

1) Gipper has some weird ways. That is the price one pays for a premium membership into this goofy fucking place. If the guy wants to fucktard me for picking the Steelers, God Bless him. What the fuck do I care? Words on a message board. By the way Gips, there is no such thing as black food coloring. I mean, you can add shit together I suppose. Gipper also happens to be one of the most generous contributors of time to this board. If you don't like his bullshit, don't read it. Otherwise, grow a set of balls and shut the fuck up.

Does anyone know how to get jism stains out of a Browns shirt? Fuck, I just bought this damned thing.

2) I believe, more than anything in life that Jesus Christ is the Son of the only God. I believe he is the only way to Salvation. I also believe that Jesus often shakes his head at what a disappointment I sometimes am to him. HOWEVER..............Nowhere in his trials and tribulations did he say anything like "The good standards I try to live by (or post). A Christian is not supposed to announce himself as such. He is merely suupposed to do good works and let people gravitate to them.

Jeez, how many of you wear pantyhose?

See, I told you that Ghoolie can take care of himself....and he knows that I have just made those comments in jest.

I guess I could have been as mild in my criticism of him as some of you kitty and bunny huggers think I should be.

I guess maybe I could just go Canadian on Ghoolie like this:   "Hey, Ghoolie, ya Hoser. Take off, eh"

2 hours ago, Hunter33109 said:

Garrett is out for at least two games, the QB position is in flux, the defense backs are untested and this is the first year for this offense line.  This is not a recipe for success but more likely a 1 and 15 record again or may be a 0 and 16 start for the 2017/2018 season and hopefully another first round draft pick.  I had confidence that the Browns were on the right track but a quote I made to a Raven's fan here is DC rings true today as it did 4 years ago, "Winners win and Losers lose".  I love Cleveland but they are losers and will always be losers until they win.  Once they start winning they will get breaks and calls on the field will go their way.  But for now gird your loins ladies and gentlemen this season will be a disappointment that will be worse than last season on all levels.  I have no idea how to reverse the Browns unlucky and dismal spiral short of moving the team (it's already be gutted) to some other place (St Louis would be a good choice) or just disbanding it (due to it's inability to compete like what occurred to the Dayton Triangles) outright and make it a semi-pro team.  Once I heard the Garrett was out I cancelled the NFL channel in the nick of time and got a refund.  I guess their is an aluminum lining to this cloud.    

This is about as close to being the most ignorant post I have seen on this board ever.   So much so that it just does not warrant a specific response to any of the comments made therein.

On 9/6/2017 at 6:02 PM, policeman said:

Aren't you like in your sixties? Why don't you grow the fuck up. You sound like a jack off. Just saying.

Age discrimination?? Remember it's better to sound like a jack off than it is to be one Mr Policeman Squeelers fan jack off. Fuck off back to your piss stained board. 

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

See, I told you that Ghoolie can take care of himself....and he knows that I have just made those comments in jest.

I guess I could have been as mild in my criticism of him as some of you kitty and bunny huggers think I should be.

I guess maybe I could just go Canadian on Ghoolie like this:   "Hey, Ghoolie, ya Hoser. Take off, eh"

If you went easy on me, I would be disappointed. I am flattered that you take time to read me, separate the good from the bad and sling some of your own horseshit. Isn't that what friendships are all about? You accept the bullshit and you revel in the gems.

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

This is about as close to being the most ignorant post I have seen on this board ever.   So much so that it just does not warrant a specific response to any of the comments made therein.

He pointed out some wisdom Gip. Winners win and loser lose. That is some Nietzsche shit, right there. Or wait, maybe I mean Nitschke? I always confuse my philosophers and linebackers.

5 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

He pointed out some wisdom Gip. Winners win and loser lose. That is some Nietzsche shit, right there. Or wait, maybe I mean Nitschke? I always confuse my philosophers and linebackers.

The problem with that post though was that the ignorant parts were so egregious that it vastly outweighed any "wisdom" that you think may have been in there.  And I don't think it was wisdom at all. It was just Captain Obvious observations.

8 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

The problem with that post though was that the ignorant parts were so egregious that it vastly outweighed any "wisdom" that you think may have been in there.  And I don't think it was wisdom at all. It was just Captain Obvious observations.

Ok Gip, time for you to have a drink and lighten up. I was being facetious about the wisdom. His "wisdom" was akin to saying thirsty people drink.

Archived