THE BROWNS BOARD

This Is Steeler Week - At Home

Orion

I don't know about you, but I'm still pissed off about how we lost our last football game.  We had the ball at the Steeler end zone...in OT...and our stupid coach and stupid QB threw a bubble screen that lost us a bunch of yards.  We let a victory against the Steelers turn into a loss.  I don't give a rats ass that the Steelers were resting starters.  ANY time we can beat the Steelers it's a big deal.  Honest to God we true Browns fans freakin' LIVE for a victory against them.  As I type, my fuckin' blood is starting boil about not trying to pound that ball into their end zone and putting a W into our all-time Browns - Steelers  W/L column.  

Well, it's time to play them again.  They're heavy favorites against us.  They won't be resting their starters.  We'll be starting yet another new QB...and a rookie 2nd round pick no less.  We don't stand a snowball's chance in hell to win right?  -  Fuck That!  Send Joe Haden home with yet another loss!

Go Browns!  -  Beat the Goddamn Steelers!

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry..

Just ain't gonna happen.

You might be building for the future but the Steelers are legit Superbowl contenders right now.

3 hours ago, Orion said:

ANY time we can beat the Steelers it's a big deal. 

It's been a while.

CLE is certainly due to win one.

For PIT, we get to see Ben, Bryant, Brown, Bell, Pouncy, and DeCastro all at the same time, which is quite a rare occurrence.

CLE was very weak against the run last season and I dunno what yins have done to try to fix that, so good luck with that as this game will certainly be a test of the run D.  It's not so much Bell but it's the line that is considered to be among the best in the NFL that allows PIT to run the ball. -- profootballfocus dot com ranks PIT's line #3 and CLE's new line at #2, which is wrong because you can't rank a line based on bringing in new guys who are stars who have never played together.  Yeh, with those new guys, CLE has the potential to have a great O-line but that potential still needs to be realized down the road.

PIT's first team defense was very weak in the preseason, allowing alotta yards and long sustained drives including against IND without Luck.

CLE will have plenty of chances.  Git yinzes popcorn ready.  Good luck.

9 hours ago, Gafreleets said:

Sorry..

Just ain't gonna happen.

You might be building for the future but the Steelers are legit Superbowl contenders right now.

That is a fantasy as far as I am concerned.  They are a playoff contender because the rest of the division is actually very weak....but that's it. Unless you think every playoff contender is a Super Bowl contender.

7 hours ago, Dick Mellon said:

It's been a while.

For PIT, we get to see Ben, Bryant, Brown, Bell, Pouncy, and DeCastro all at the same time, which is quite a rare occurrence.

CLE was very weak against the run last season and I dunno what yins have done to try to fix that, so good luck with that as this game will certainly be a test of the run D

You apparently didn't pay any attention at all to what the Browns did in the offseason...or how their defense performed in the preseason (that is...if preseason means anything). They allowed one single TD the entire preseason.  We certainly hope that effort continues in the regular season...but sure, who knows.

.  It's not so much Bell but it's the line that is considered to be among the best in the NFL that allows PIT to run the ball. -- profootballfocus dot com ranks PIT's line #3 and CLE's new line at #2, which is wrong because you can't rank a line based on bringing in new guys who are stars who have never played together.  Yeh, with those new guys, CLE has the potential to have a great O-line but that potential still needs to be realized down the road.

Of course it it not wrong...You only say it is wrong because you want it to be wrong. 

PIT's first team defense was very weak in the preseason, allowing alotta yards and long sustained drives including against IND without Luck.

See above about the Browns defense in the preseason...quite the opposite.

We are not yinzers.  You are the yinzers.

10 hours ago, Gafreleets said:

Yes, you are... right now the window is still open. Still have a fearsome Offense and a respectable D.

Heard the other day about how you have built your D with speed with one thing in mind... stopping the Pats' quick-passing attack.

But have you over done it? Can you now stop a power attack? Shouldn't be an AFCN issue for you, but there are power teams in the AFC, e.g., OAK, TN, KC, HOU. And we all know that the Pats can change their stripes week to week... beware the Burkhead!

Anyway... looking forward to Sunday. It's not going to be 1999 revisited. It's going to be a fight... I even expect us to go up early, but in the end I think we'll be the team still learning how to win.

9 hours ago, Dick Mellon said:

It's been a while.

CLE was very weak against the run last season and I dunno what yins have done to try to fix that, so good luck with that as this game will certainly be a test of the run D.  It's not so much Bell but it's the line that is considered to be among the best in the NFL that allows PIT to run the ball. -- profootballfocus dot com ranks PIT's line #3 and CLE's new line at #2, which is wrong because you can't rank a line based on bringing in new guys who are stars who have never played together.  Yeh, with those new guys, CLE has the potential to have a great O-line but that potential still needs to be realized down the road.

lol funny coincidence, just ordered this shirt for the game, 

4DF5320C-14CE-427C-8150-CB62AF91340C-10185-00000D613937A9EF.jpeg

31 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Yes, you are... right now the window is still open. Still have a fearsome Offense and a respectable D.

Heard the other day about how you have built your D with speed with one thing in mind... stopping the Pats' quick-passing attack.

But have you over done it? Can you now stop a power attack? Shouldn't be an AFCN issue for you, but there are power teams in the AFC, e.g., OAK, TN, KC, HOU. And we all know that the Pats can change their stripes week to week... beware the Burkhead!

Anyway... looking forward to Sunday. It's not going to be 1999 revisited. It's going to be a fight... I even expect us to go up early, but in the end I think we'll be the team still learning how to win.

I kind of feel the same way, I think it may be close at half due to the improved defense but Pitt has too much fire power. If the Browns can somehow know Ben out of the game then I think the Browns have a even shot to win the game because their backup QBs are garbage.

The 1st quarter is the key. The Browns need to stop Pittsburgh from scoring early, simply for confidence. If that happens, it will be a ballgame.

Imagine the frenzy if somehow the Browns pull off the upset. 

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

That is a fantasy as far as I am concerned.  They are a playoff contender because the rest of the division is actually very weak....but that's it. Unless you think every playoff contender is a Super Bowl contender.

I would consider any team predicted to be in the conference championship game a Superbowl contender.

Try and not let your hate for the team get in the way and give me a afc team (besides the Pats) that would be favored against us.

No one in our division, no one else in the Pats division, and I don't see a legit Superbowl contender in the South or West divisions.

You could make a argument for Houston, Kansas City, or the Raiders.....but it would be a stretch.

10 minutes ago, Gafreleets said:

You could make a argument for Houston, Kansas City, or the Raiders.....but it would be a stretch.

• HOU lacks the QB for a deep run...
  • KC has all the pieces, but faces a brutal division... staying healthy is a question... homefield is another...
  • OAK may be the most dangerous, but lacks playoff experience. Still a year or two away from their SB...

14 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:
  • HOU lacks the QB for a deep run...
  • KC has all the pieces, but faces a brutal division... staying healthy is a question... homefield is another...
  • OAK may be the most dangerous, but lacks playoff experience. Still a year or two away from their SB...

I've got a funny feeling that there may be some shenanigans behind the scenes to help the Raiders this year, due to the pending move to Vegas. Which would be odd, as the Raiders have fell victim to quite a bit of horrible officiating in the playoffs over the years (Tuck Rule, Rob Lytle's fumble, Immaculate reception). 

2 hours ago, Gafreleets said:

I would consider any team predicted to be in the conference championship game a Superbowl contender.

Maybe....but I don't predict the Steelers to be in the conference Championship game.

Try and not let your hate for the team get in the way and give me a afc team (besides the Pats) that would be favored against us.

The Raiders,  Titans,  maybe the Dolphins, the Texans and the Broncos would be except for QB issues.

No one in our division, no one else in the Pats division, and I don't see a legit Superbowl contender in the South or West divisions.

Titans will be much better than a lot of people think I believe. But true about AFCN....unless we are both way off base.

I even forgot about KC....and those teams would be no more of a stretch than the Steelers.

So are you saying there are no other"contenders" for the Superbowl except the Pats?

Or are you admitting that we are contenders?

Or that the Steelers, Raiders, Chiefs, Dolphins, Texans, and Broncos are all contenders in your opinion?

Not sure where you were going with that.

12 minutes ago, Gafreleets said:

So are you saying there are no other"contenders" for the Superbowl except the Pats?

Or are you admitting that we are contenders?

Or that the Steelers, Raiders, Chiefs, Dolphins, Texans, and Broncos are all contenders in your opinion?

Not sure where you were going with that.

All you have to do is read.  Yes, certainly there are other contenders than the Pats.  And if in fact you want to state that any team that makes the playoffs is a Super Bowl contender...then I guess the Steelers are a contender along the same lines as any other playoff contending team. So, yes, in that regard, all the other teams you name...whom I believe are playoff contenders, would also be Super Bowl contenders. (and the Titans as well).

Here is how the game goes.

There are several key characteristics of the Browns

• Run-First QB who is erratic passing, and prone to running
  • Little threat in the receiving corps
  • Continued propensity to commit penalties and make dumb mistakes

That said, the Steeler will play conservative on both sides of the ball. They have no worry about scoring a lot of points to win.

You guys should be happy with a close first half, perhaps the Browns even on top. But it won't last. The more Kizer passes the better off it is for the Steelers. If Kizer throws 30+ you have 2 ints minimum, 3 most likely, and you can look for him to take some really hard hits. Garrett will be allowed to edge rush, never breaking free,  the Steelers will run a lot, and after ahile the Cleveland D and OL will be gassed.  I woudl expect a 4th Qtr self-immolation and a 13 - 17 point Steeler 4th QTR to cover in the spread or be damned close to it. 

Steelers 31 Browns 16.   Hue improves to 1 - 16 

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

And what Ghoolie:  you jizz into a bowl 5 or 6 times, add yellow and black food coloring to it, then paint your face with it?:lol:

Aren't you like in your sixties? Why don't you grow the fuck up. You sound like a jack off. Just saying.

5 hours ago, Bob806 said:

The 1st quarter is the key. The Browns need to stop Pittsburgh from scoring early, simply for confidence. If that happens, it will be a ballgame.

Imagine the frenzy if somehow the Browns pull off the upset. 

Correct-a-mun-doe 806!! Which Road Grater whats to smack the 1st Hog Mollie First:D..We have a 2nd ranked OL..Pittsburgh a 3rd OL per PFF..nobody has seen jack..The later this thing goes close late? Gregg Williams (dare I say;))may have the freshest & deepest defense depth on the field..Go Browns!!      

25 minutes ago, policeman said:

Aren't you like in your sixties? Why don't you grow the fuck up. You sound like a jack off. Just saying.

25 minutes ago, policeman said:

You have one post on this forum...and I have about 40K.  And you apparently are a Steeler knob gobbler.  So...I don't think anyone cares what you have to say...in any event.  Internet nut. And trust me, Ghoolie doesn't need or want any help from the likes of you to defend himself.

14 minutes ago, Winslow's Urologist said:

But big Myles said he was comin' after Ben!

Oh wait...

Just admit now he's a bust and the pain goes away.

The Browns are ready to get some of them Steelers. Last year they BARELY got out of that game with a win. This year we are vastly more improved. Better Defense, Better Offense. We have Peppers ready to smack that ass Pittsburgh. You're reign ends now. We're ready for you motherfuckers- Come get SOME!!!

Browns - 42 

Steelers - 24

The Browns' Defense is gonna put a hurting on Pittsburgh. They ARE gonna lay into that bitch Rothlisberger! Whatcha gonna do Big Ben- when The GOONS and The Wall of Pain come Crashing doooown on yooooou?

5 hours ago, PoeticG said:

The Browns are ready to get some of them Steelers. Last year they BARELY got out of that game with a win. This year we are vastly more improved. Better Defense, Better Offense. We have Peppers ready to smack that ass Pittsburgh. You're reign ends now. We're ready for you motherfuckers- Come get SOME!!!

Browns - 42 

Steelers - 24

The Browns' Defense is gonna put a hurting on Pittsburgh. They ARE gonna lay into that bitch Rothlisberger! Whatcha gonna do Big Ben- when The GOONS and The Wall of Pain come Crashing doooown on yooooou?

More like a wall of shit.

16 hours ago, The Gipper said:

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm bla - bla - bla . . . .

I would like to think that you are smart enough to know that an O line needs to play together for a while to get good and that the fact that CLE signed free agent stars from other teams to play the O line only creates a potential for that O line to be good at a later point in time.  The O line is not going to be great from the get go.  - - - - but many of yinz were screaming that Brandon Weedon was going to be great from the get-go as well, so maybe it's just part of the culture here. 

16 hours ago, policeman said:

Police Brutality!!!

7 hours ago, Dick Mellon said:

I would like to think that you are smart enough to know that an O line needs to play together for a while to get good and that the fact that CLE signed free agent stars from other teams to play the O line only creates a potential for that O line to be good at a later point in time.  The O line is not going to be great from the get go.  - - - - but many of yinz were screaming that Brandon Weedon was going to be great from the get-go as well, so maybe it's just part of the culture here. 

This O Line has great talent...and talent will out.  The Steelers line has good talent...but great coaching (Munchak)  You take a short sighted approach...and act like this is a one game season instead of a 16 game season.  Will it take a few games for this OL to gel?  Sure....but you are smart enough to know that "for a while"  does not have to be very long at all for an OL to get good if the talent is there.  (or, are you?)

Archived