THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns newest fan

Claret&Brown

Hi guys.

New to this forum and new to the sport!! I'm a 'soccer' fan from birmingham, england and I have chosen the browns as my team! Had a brief flirtation with the nfl back in the 80's when some games used to be shown over here. Never really picked a team though.

Why the browns??  This is due to your absolute failure of a former owner, and former owner of my hometown soccer team...Mr Randolph Lerner :angry:

He sold my team, Aston Villa, last year to a chinese billionaire. During randys last year in charge I started reading up on him and his time as your owner. This of course led me to fans forums and the 'brownsboard'.

I love an underdog, and who wants to be a plastic pats fan anyway?? :D

So I will be popping in to keep up on opinions about the new team/season, and probably asking some pretty basic questions about the game that need explaining to a newby.

I'm under the impression we don't like the steelers...is this correct?? :D

Go browns

I guess I had not heard that Randy had sold Aston Villa.   I wonder what he is now doing with all his money now that he has sold both the Browns and AV.     We thought he might attempt to bring an MLS team here to the Cleveland area, but have heard nothing about that possibility. By the way, I understand that another local boy from here is a minority owner of the Liverpool team?  LeBron James. 

The Browns have a number of UK followers...and the Browns will be playing in London for the first time this year...so perhaps you can get down to see them there.  I believe there may be some kind of organized outing or get together of fans that patronize these boards for that London game.  You may want to review some of the threads on here about that.

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

Hi. Welcome aboard, I assume you are a Brit and we've got a handful of them over here in Brown's Country. And yes we hate the Steelers. Like the Mongoose hates the cobra. Like, I assume, many of you redcoats hate Manchester United.

-_-

WSS

Thanks.

Yes the hatred of man utd over here is everywhere due to their success over the last 20 years. Is the hatred of the steelers due to their success or of their close proximity to cleveland?? Our biggest rivals are Birmingham City who's stadium is 3 miles across the city.

WSS????

1 hour ago, Claret&Brown said:

Thanks.

Yes the hatred of man utd over here is everywhere due to their success over the last 20 years. Is the hatred of the steelers due to their success or of their close proximity to cleveland?? Our biggest rivals are Birmingham City who's stadium is 3 miles across the city.

WSS????

We hate the Steelers because their fans are stupid ignorant toothless hillbillies who have this delusion that they are the reason  that their team has performed well....when it basically has been solely a matter of them having good ownership and coaching....not because their fans have contributed a cabbage fart  towards their success.  And yes...for both of the other reasons you mention. 

12 hours ago, The Gipper said:

I guess I had not heard that Randy had sold Aston Villa.   I wonder what he is now doing with all his money now that he has sold both the Browns and AV.     We thought he might attempt to bring an MLS team here to the Cleveland area, but have heard nothing about that possibility. By the way, I understand that another local boy from here is a minority owner of the Liverpool team?  LeBron James. 

The Browns have a number of UK followers...and the Browns will be playing in London for the first time this year...so perhaps you can get down to see them there.  I believe there may be some kind of organized outing or get together of fans that patronize these boards for that London game.  You may want to review some of the threads on here about that.

Yeah I too have wondered what randy his now doing with his millions. Judging by his leaving statement from villa, I wouldn't be suprised if he's in a padded cell somewhere! :o

Didn't know LeBron was a local boy.

Yes looked at tickets for london game, not many left and  best part of £100 for a shite view! The game also clashes with our local 'derby' match with birmingham city so I will probably miss this one. Would love to come over to cleveland for a game though, to take in the atmosphere proper nfl style.

So realistically, how do you think the browns will do this season? I've been impressed with preseason results but they haven't really played any of the better teams have they. There does seem a lot more optimism for the coming season, can't do much worse than 1-15 though I guess :D

Welcome to TBB, hope to see you around the board! 

GO BROWNS and GO INDIANS while you're at it. ;)

7 hours ago, Claret&Brown said:

Yeah I too have wondered what randy his now doing with his millions. Judging by his leaving statement from villa, I wouldn't be suprised if he's in a padded cell somewhere! :o

Maybe you can link that statement.  We have not heard it.  Once he sold the Browns he has been out of sight, out of mind. (though, here, he went quietly into the night.  Which he would have to since he is from here, and his family is still here...though he probably hangs out most of the time in The Hamptons)

Didn't know LeBron was a local boy.

Akron, Ohio.  He and my nephew were classmates in high school.

Yes looked at tickets for london game, not many left and  best part of £100 for a shite view! The game also clashes with our local 'derby' match with birmingham city so I will probably miss this one. Would love to come over to cleveland for a game though, to take in the atmosphere proper nfl style.

Several of our British fans come over yearly to take in a game.  This year I believe that game is the Bengals game on October 1st.  You may want to contact the likes of Howie Dawg, Gman, Kmac...and a few others.  You should be able to find their profiles on here.  Plus we have LondonBrown and a few others.

So realistically, how do you think the browns will do this season? I've been impressed with preseason results but they haven't really played any of the better teams have they. There does seem a lot more optimism for the coming season, can't do much worse than 1-15 though I guess :D

20 hours ago, Claret&Brown said:

Thanks.

WSS????

Sure that's one reason. Also they are in our division and only a couple hours East of here.

I have no doubt that soon enough their reign of power will come to an end. As did ours in the fifties and sixties.

We hate the New York Yankees too and they're probably closer to the Manchester United prototype. Plus they are in the Indians division as well. Bastards.

WSS

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

This was the statement that he released on selling the club after the clubs first relegation in nearly 30 years

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3597737/Randy-Lerner-releases-bizarre-statement-fans-selling-Aston-Villa.html

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

RL made the same mistakes over and over from what I've read on browns forums. Well intentioned but hadn't got a clue what he was doing so employed inadequate people to do it for him.

Fortunately for the browns and the nfl league structure, there is no relegation. Villa are now out of the premiere league just as a new tv deal has kicked in guaranteeing even the last placed team £100 million.  We need to get back...and fast! 

Frankly I really had nothing against Randy Lerner. He wasn't a football guy and pretty much let the world know he knew little about it. Never thought he was a chiseler and was willing to put the operation into the hands of people that should have been football savvy.

A real dirt bag would have kept raking in the profits year after year after year and spending the league minimum.

WSS

6 hours ago, Claret&Brown said:

This was the statement that he released on selling the club after the clubs first relegation in nearly 30 years

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3597737/Randy-Lerner-releases-bizarre-statement-fans-selling-Aston-Villa.html

Yea, Bizarre.  He never said anything of the sort when he was owner of the Browns.  Made hardly any statements. Just wrote the checks and hired bad people to run his team. Perhaps it was good that he was hands off here....not that the team's performance could likely have been any worse. As Steve said...nothing against him...he was just not invested.  Soccer suited him more...something no one around here cared much about except him.

5 hours ago, Claret&Brown said:

RL made the same mistakes over and over from what I've read on browns forums. Well intentioned but hadn't got a clue what he was doing so employed inadequate people to do it for him.

Fortunately for the browns and the nfl league structure, there is no relegation. Villa are now out of the premiere league just as a new tv deal has kicked in guaranteeing even the last placed team £100 million.  We need to get back...and fast! 

Yea, no relegation.  Employed inadequate people also right on.  His must have been something about him.

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, LondonBrown said:

There was a very active poster on here called gftchris that became a browns fan for the same reason you did, he was a Villa fan. 

I don't think he's been around for a while. 

I think he headed home to Syria for awhile......

On 18/09/2017 at 5:55 AM, LondonBrown said:

There was a very active poster on here called gftchris that became a browns fan for the same reason you did, he was a Villa fan. 

I don't think he's been around for a while. 

There's definately more than a few of us going on what I read on villa forums.

Glutton for punishment :D

Do you know where I can get a browns shirt from this side of the pond? Doesnt have to be the latest style. Cheers 

5 minutes ago, Claret&Brown said:

There's definately more than a few of us going on what I read on villa forums.

Glutton for punishment :D

Do you know where I can get a browns shirt from this side of the pond? Doesnt have to be the latest style. Cheers 

http://m.europe.nflshop.com/stores/nfl/mobile/en/c/teams/afc-teams/Cleveland-Browns/jerseys?Intcmp=UKmoHBNav-_-BrownsJersey-_-0517

Archived