THE BROWNS BOARD

CAT V Hurricane headed toward Florida possibly gulf coast

DieHardBrownsFan

It's Obama's and Hillaritys shared fault. They cut off the hot air highs coming out of Florida that had previously guaranteed Democratic Electoral College votes and steered hurricanes northward. :lol:

Or it's Trump's fault and God is paying back Florida for putting the devil in the WH.:lol:

I sent an email to a friend telling her to hop a plane and come sit it out here. She's on the gulf side just blocks from the beach just south of Sarasota. I hope she's taking me up on the offer. We've been each others oldest friend since we met in 7th grade.

Live from Soggy Dollar Bar - British Virgin Islands where it's about to hit. 

3 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

Only been to trunk bay (St Thomas, Virgin Islands) once. Wonder if it and other beaches survive

after this cat 5...

103-trunk%20bay-34-1432949891.jpg

That's on St. John cal, my favorite island for snorkeling anywhere (with the exception of Morocoy in Venezuela which I no longer can visit due to the dictator and extremely high crime now).

yep, you're right. Got em mixed up. Been a long time. Must be fifteen years ago. We went with a bunch of friends, on a cruise....I loved

the island in the upper left... there was a deep crevice in the middle of the island, where large clouds of fish kept going

in and out... probably attracted the large barracuda. I was swimming with Wife's best friends' sister - she wasn't a good swimmer,

and she panicked at the sight of the barracuda, got her to the rocks on shore for a few minutes til it left. There's an underground

park, I think it was. I was snorkeling with my Wife, went down to the bottom for her to take my picture, and ended up with

fire coral stinging to my inner thigh/groin. I don't know why they thought that was funny.....

Oh, and I remember that the water was perfectly clear, even clearer than in Hawaii.

23 minutes ago, StinkHole said:

Stuart

Forget about the destruction and potential loss of life, whats most troubling is that hurricanes are racists.

We continue to give them lily white names.

Fucking democrat imbeciles.

hurricane.jpg

To be fair probably because people with those names cause enough damage already.

( yeah sorry I know it was in poor taste, squeal away kids)

:P

WSS

Wow!! How fast is 185 mph winds? I can tell you as a former skydiver that if you are flattened out with a jumpsuit on (not a flying suit), then the max you are doing is around 120-130mph. You can get up to 200 going head first with arms tucked to your side. I cannot imagine trying to stay in anything that is not a concrete/steel reinforced type building in 185 mph sustained winds.

scary. 185 mph.... that's like Nascar...that's like a level 4 TORNADO.

http://sciencing.com/speeds-tornadoes-8266645.html

Level EF-4 Tornadoes

EF-4 tornadoes produce wind speeds between 166 to 200 miles per hour. These winds will collapse all the walls of a traditional house. Apartment buildings will suffer the destruction of their top two stories.

Watching the weather reports this morning and the predictions could not be any worse for this hurricane. Really sad to see back to back hurricanes  with Texas and hurricane Harvey and the massive destruction and loss of life and now this one predicted in Florida. Praying for all those affected. 

1 hour ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Watching the weather reports this morning and the predictions could not be any worse for this hurricane. Really sad to see back to back hurricanes  with Texas and hurricane Harvey and the massive destruction and loss of life and now this one predicted in Florida. Praying for all those affected. 

It looks like it might get worse; there's two more hurricanes - Jose and Katia, forming behind Irma, and they have potential to be massive:

2384541_1280x720.jpg

2 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

They've never seen 3 back to back to back jacks like that in modern recorded history. Florida's about to get taken deep over the center field wall 3 times in a row

Katia is going to hit Mexico and Jose likely to go out to sea without hitting the US.

8 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

It's now going into Cuba which may slow it down some and send it further W than expected. It did not take that R turn it was expected to take while staying off the coast of Cuba.

Remember Katrina?  It went around a few times in a circle before heading towards New Orleans.  

Archived