THE BROWNS BOARD

A and him put Rosen on Heisman lead

The Gipper

On 9/18/2017 at 8:37 AM, wargograw said:

I would argue it's not out of the norm lol. 

Kibodi looks like a small Derrick Henry. Upright runner. 

My ideal scenario is we squeak out these next two games. Florida and Bama beat us so bad that we fire Sumlin during the bye week (no I'm not rooting for a loss but since those losses are pretty assumed, I hope they're fire-worthy). Then we have a new lease on life with the interim coach and we win out. 

Win out?  Sure!  LOL!:P

Fortunately I will be in Spain for the Florida debacle. I thought I would be there for Bama too, but realized I leave a few days later. I will tape it and watch only if we come within a couple of TDs. In other words I'm skipping it.

On 9/18/2017 at 8:37 AM, wargograw said:

I would argue it's not out of the norm lol.

Well back to normal. SEC Net player of the week. 246 all-purpose yds, 5 catches (umpteen decoys) 2 TD's and a forced pooch KO that gave us the ball on the Ark. 49 to set  up the tying FG to get us into OT where he scores the winning TD.  Meet the Browns next WR/return man.

Outside of the busted coverage the kid had, what, 4 receptions for 20 yards? He was averaging less than 50 yards/game prior to yesterday. He's still just slightly above average. 

Getting your fair catches in is just as important as big returns. He's got one down. Let's see him clean up the other. 

Are you guys trying to contend that A&M has a Heisman Trophy candidate?  Or just that whenever they play they make someone on the other team look like a Heisman Trophy candidate?

From what I can tell, the Big 12 had only 2 Heisman contenders:  Mason Rudolph and Baker Mayfield. Rudolph's team got their ass handed to them by TCU...that can't help.  And Mayfield apparently made an asshat of himself regarding comments he made against Baylor.  I mean...he IS becoming JFF without being as short.

While those two are still in that race, I think the leaders may be Saquon Barkley of PSU,  Darnold USC, maybe Jackson of L-ville, and Rosen.

A lotta time left.

Example: IF Barkley did go off on Ohio State......it would solidify him even more than Mayfield going off on them.   But...IF OSU handles him and Penn St. pretty good....that would help Mayfield. You would have that direct comparison.

And, you never know....it could also come down to the Rosen/Darnold  UCLA/USC shootout at the end of the year.

Someone had talked in terms of Nick Fitzgerald of MSU....but this past week I think MSU put up all of 7 points in a big loss to Georgia.

Archived