THE BROWNS BOARD

Walter Becker, Steely Dan Co-Founder, Dead at 67

Canton Dawg

One of my favorites bands of all time, and the last concert I attended at the Richfield Coliseum.

R.I.P. Mr Becker, Steely Dan won't be the same without you. . .

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/walter-becker-steely-dan-co-founder-dead-at-67-w500956

• 2 weeks later...

A++ Boo..Some of their finest follow up music by Boo..More great background listening while pounding keys..Your lines.. "Quit Touring to become Music Perfectionist"..Totally True Boo..I read so many articles back then, when they wanted to add rhythm percussion performers? No Theater Orchestra was safe:)..Steely Dan only wanted the best at any cost.. Their Time & Travel was no factor and I would say They "Nailed it" for years..Steely's quality clean music will be missed by many..Glad I was a part of 2 of their shows..Thanks for the follow-up posting Boo-Man..  

11 hours ago, boo fagley said:

You were part of their shows?

Steely Dan was always at their best sound in the small 1750ish people amphitheaters..Pleasant Valley,NY(was a awesome 3.5 hr. Jam session).than.Virginia Beach,Va..End of both shows Fagan would literately invite fans to the empty stage to check out their sound equipment & instruments with Roadies..Those small format sessions, yep your pretty much in the show. Paid 300 for a pair, but damn straight I'd..Do it Again  

14 hours ago, boo fagley said:

You were part of their shows?

I believe that Steely was formed in NY. Fagan and Becker met at college. My old school is about Fagan getting busted for pot in college. The same school later on gave him an honor.

More TBB unknown trivia.....:lol:

Archived