THE BROWNS BOARD

Dutch's '17 Browns Questions

Dutch Oven

Here are mine:

1. Browns record?  7-9   Uh...not gonna happen

2. Bengals record? 5-11

3. Ravens record? 7-9

4. Steelers record? 10-6

I think all of these are still about right. 

5. How many points do the Browns score in '17? How many do they allow?  320 scored.  300 allowed  Currently at 119 and 202

6. How many yards, TDs and Ints does Kizer throw for?  2800,  20 and 12  Probably the opposite in terms of Ints and TDs.  If he continues to play he could hit that yardage mark.

7. How many yards and TDs does Crow run for? 1250 and 12 Way off.  Hue has no clue how to call a run play in the red zone.

8. Who is the leading receiver (by receptions), and how many receptions and yards does he have? Coleman with 77 catches, 999 yards Not with his injuries.  Duke Johnson could come close to these figures. He is about half way there.

9. How many sacks does Garrett get? 8   Could easily happen.  He has 4 now in limited action.

10. The Browns have their and the Texans first round picks in next year's draft. What spots will those two picks be at? (Ex. #7, 18)

#14 and #20  right now they would be #1  or 2.  And Houston pick could also be a lot higher....possible Top Ten   Right now it would be between #8 and #14

11. AFC Champ? Raiders  (Brady gets hurt.....Garrapolo shows he ain't all that) Not gonna happen unless Raiders get Super Hot. 

12. NFC Champ? Seahawks

13. Super Bowl Champ? Seahawks

Still highly possible for Seahawks...They have 2d best record in the NFC...and they have improved over the Trade Deadline, by getting a good LOT.

........and nobody here had less than 4 wins, the "Cleveland Dreamers" getting their hopes dashed on the rocks again. :unsure:

On 9/2/2017 at 1:28 PM, Dutch Oven said:

I've been doing this for years on the other message board mjp, Coyote and I are on, I figured I'd try them out over here. Fill the questions out completely, and when the season ends I'll post the results. Good luck! Please get your answers in by 1:00 next Sunday.

So who bumped the thread?  

1. Browns record? 2-14

2. Bengals record? 6-10

3. Ravens record? 

4. Steelers record?

5. How many points do the Browns score in '17? How many do they allow? Too few, too many

6. How many yards, TDs and Ints does Kizer throw for? 1,500 6-20

7. How many yards and TDs does Crow run for? 900

8. Who is the leading receiver (by receptions), and how many receptions and yards does he have? Gordon 35 1,000

9. How many sacks does Garrett get? 12

10. The Browns have their and the Texans first round picks in next year's draft. What spots will those two picks be at? (Ex. #7, 18) #1, #10

11. AFC Champ?

12. NFC Champ?

13. Super Bowl Champ?

• 2 months later...
On 11/3/2017 at 2:11 PM, mjp28 said:

........and nobody here had less than 4 wins, the "Cleveland Dreamers" getting their hopes dashed on the rocks again. :unsure:

Oh no! 0-fer but a #1 pick guaranteed baby!

On 11/3/2017 at 1:52 PM, The Gipper said:

Here are mine:

1. Browns record?  7-9   Uh...not gonna happen

2. Bengals record? 5-11

3. Ravens record? 7-9

4. Steelers record? 10-6

I think all of these are still about right. 

5. How many points do the Browns score in '17? How many do they allow?  320 scored.  300 allowed  Currently at 119 and 202

6. How many yards, TDs and Ints does Kizer throw for?  2800,  20 and 12  Probably the opposite in terms of Ints and TDs.  If he continues to play he could hit that yardage mark.

7. How many yards and TDs does Crow run for? 1250 and 12 Way off.  Hue has no clue how to call a run play in the red zone.

8. Who is the leading receiver (by receptions), and how many receptions and yards does he have? Coleman with 77 catches, 999 yards Not with his injuries.  Duke Johnson could come close to these figures. He is about half way there.

9. How many sacks does Garrett get? 8   Could easily happen.  He has 4 now in limited action.

10. The Browns have their and the Texans first round picks in next year's draft. What spots will those two picks be at? (Ex. #7, 18)

#14 and #20  right now they would be #1  or 2.  And Houston pick could also be a lot higher....possible Top Ten   Right now it would be between #8 and #14

11. AFC Champ? Raiders  (Brady gets hurt.....Garrapolo shows he ain't all that) Not gonna happen unless Raiders get Super Hot. 

12. NFC Champ? Seahawks

13. Super Bowl Champ? Seahawks

Still highly possible for Seahawks...They have 2d best record in the NFC...and they have improved over the Trade Deadline, by getting a good LOT.

I did this self assessment about mid season....noting that I was way off on just about everything...and that certainly didn't change by year end.

The only two things I came close on were the number of win for the Steelers, and the number of sacks for Garrett.

Archived