THE BROWNS BOARD

Times Change - No matter what we want

Ghoolie

2 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Ben does not hold the ball because he is slow thinking, He holds the ball when his options are dumb ones.

Kizer holds on to the ball too long because that's the kind of QB he is. If he gets guys open, he can zing the ball, but routinely releasing the ball before the reciever appears open? That is what I mean by a quick release. Ben is not Marino or Fouts, for sure. Running to buy time is indeed a component of his game. However, it is a tool he doesn't instinctively use every time he drops back to pass. A black Tarkenton like Kizer however, does have running in the forefront of his mind as soon he takes the snap. 

Ben's ability to extend the play indeed exposes him to unnecessary hits, however,  Kizer's inability to get rid of the ball makes him much more likely to get pasted and injured.

I did not ascribe a reason for Ben holding on, but seems to me he and Kizer do so for the very same reason... waiting for a receiver to come open.

Now I can't argue they are both equally adept at finding an open one... slight experiential discrepancy... but DeShon did show an ability to see and deliver into a couple pretty tight windows.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived