THE BROWNS BOARD

Times Change - No matter what we want

Ghoolie

I am a big picture guy, I never micro-manage, or micro-analyze. With that said, by natural negativism towards the Browns has greatly diminished. Whether or not this regime is successful, it feels, looks and plays differently that what came before. I always say that pro sports is all about youth, so certainly the new Browns have a healthy does of that.

I feel like a guy on the Staten Island Ferry, looking back at the dock in NYC. Each moment the view of the old teams gets smaller. 

I have my scapegoats to blast, but this team is not the same old shit. That's a good thing.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We just never know which side of the bed you're getting out of on any given day.

One day it's, "This season is gonna be worst than last season.  The offensive line is no better.  The D is gonna be over reacting penalty makers", etc., etc.

And the next day it's, "This team is not the same old shit." and "it feels differently".  

This whole Browns Preseason takes me back to a old Marv Levy saying.."Depth is Good till they got to play".. Go back to the Brown/Orange Scrimmage..Your White AssOiler takes mostly roster Depth,Wins Scrimmage mostly against our ones..Having Good Depth to practice against seems to have boosted both sides of the ball? Our Game day depth charts should not have the regular names on their backs but those that can make plays..The 2 units that scare most of us are WR's & CB's..Well in our opinion that means bad practicing against bad? Who knows but Steelers WR's will be the best test early. Williams maybe out of the "bounty business" but he has had the answer to poor tackling of WR's & any ball carrier ..Torpedo their legs out from under them & they go down like bricks..Find yourself as "All In" Ghoolie..We have seen enough of dumping coaches & GM's. Sure we can count the mistakes but for right now Were 0-0-0..Like it or not, Hue Jackson is 6-1 since Charger win..He's even found his challenge flag;)         

6 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

So garett is or is not a homo?

He just said he does not micro-analyze which explains everything he has missed about Garrett already.:P

Prolly doesn't even know that raptors flutter near their prey for a while and then hit with sudden deadly strikes.:lol: 

10 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

I am a big picture guy, I never micro-manage, or micro-analyze. With that said, by natural negativism towards the Browns has greatly diminished. Whether or not this regime is successful, it feels, looks and plays differently that what came before. I always say that pro sports is all about youth, so certainly the new Browns have a healthy does of that.

I feel like a guy on the Staten Island Ferry, looking back at the dock in NYC. Each moment the view of the old teams gets smaller. 

I have my scapegoats to blast, but this team is not the same old shit. That's a good thing.

I like the way this thread started. It matters not who started it or any of our perceptions of Ghoolie.

I really like the highlighted statement. Let's continue to look forward & hopefully that view of the old team will disappear sooner rather than later.

Mike

10 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

It would be nice if this personality above wasn't the church mouse of your litter...  

The majority of posters here, while good hearted, well-meaning folks, are pussies; and I mean that with affection.

Look, let me try to illuminate reality for you. I love the Browns. Always have, always will, I go back longer than many here have even been alive. My Dad  loved the Browns and taking me and my Mom to games on his steel worker salary was a sacrifice. My Mom,  89, now on Hospice is electrified about the prospect of opening day against the Steelers. After all the good, bad and ugly, here I remain.

Now, understand, I don't feel at all special about this, because many fans all across the world, have rich, passionate connections to this team that reach much further than a simple game.

That said, I don't feel compassion for the "hardships" and "obstacles" that these poor little, self-important, fragile fucking millionaires have to endure. I am sorry if I don't have affection for a fucking offensive lineman who never won jack shit, telling jokes and laughing on the sidelines when his team is getting ass fucked by the Steelers. I also apologize for being so hard on poor Myles Garrett for expecting him to be a Joe Turkey Jones caliber of stand out, play making athlete. Hell, it is stupid old me just forgetting that the kid is a raging millionaire, drafted #1 #1, who not long ago insulted the team I love by begging Jerry Jones in a video to essentially get his ass out of Cleveland.

Fuck all of you and your passive, ass-powdering attitudes for this new regime. You want to give these guys a ticket to a sacred club that means a hell of a lot more than a fucking paycheck and camera op to so many of us, go ahead, kiss their asses, suck their cocks, and let them fuck your wives and mothers while your kids watch.

Sorry, Garrett doesn't get jack fucking shit respect from me until he shows himself to be the caliber of man as my Dad, and all the Dads who struggled so their families could partake of the Browns. Hickerson waited how long...and you want me to kiss Joe Thomas's ass? Again, Fuck all of you. If my being a bastard and not accepting some bullshit, pretend, made-up nonsense about how THIS team is finally on the right track, is too much for your precious eyes and ears to experience, then don't read me. Keep your homer, ass-kissing lips puckered up and have your circle jerk over meaningless shit that has nothing to do with wining games.

Not me. These cocksuckers get paid to be supermen. It is our right as lifelong fans to have these high expectations. Garrett and Thomas weren't a cum stain on the milk man's shorts while my Dad was 200 feet up in the sub-zero Youngstown winter attending to a blast furnace issue.

At the end of the day, this regime, and team haven't showed me fucking jack shit. Give them a chance? Give them time? No shit? Who gives YOU a chance? Who gives YOU time? Bullshit. These cocksuckers are Cleveland Browns and not a single one of them has earned my respect. Not a single one of them deserves jack shit. Nobody ever made an excuse for me and I never made a fucking excuse for myself. I have no tolerance for such bullshit with these pampered, self-absorbed millionaires. WHen they start making plays, performing as advertised and winning games, THEN I will treat them with respect.

As we speak the Browns are a 9 - 10 point underdog to get ass fucked by the Steelers. So, all your "Garrett is getting close to the QB, Williams is lighting a fire, etc. etc. etc., has not just fallen on deaf ears with me, but also with the experts who know football far better than any of us. SO next Sunday, the Browns have their first chance to show me, and show you something. If they get their asses kicked, most of you are going to invent things, reasons, justifications that go along the lines....."YES WE LOST, BUT  LOT OF GOOD THINGS HAPPENED".....  I have news for you, there are no footnotes that accompany the results of a football game. A team wins, or they lose. You can hope, dream and fantasize about how a loss is really an indicator of something else, but a loss is that. It is failure, It stands alone as failure and there are no explanations for it. Should the Browns lose at home against the Steelers, here is what it means..................

• The Browns will be 1 - 16 under Hue Jackson
  • The Browns will be, just as the year before, unable to win a season opener
  • The Browns remain a cum dump for the Steelers
  • Nothing has changed.

That's all you get in life. A chance to perform on game day. All this other bullshit about regime change, and blah blah blah analytics, attitude, being in position to make plays, being close to the QB, carrying out the game plan? It is all mental masturbation.

Long ago I bought a lifetime season ticket to love the Cleveland Browns. this group of players wearing the uniform are not Cleveland Browns. They merely filled out the application. Game day. That's all anyone has in life. Let this group beat the Steelers, THEN, perhaps I will lighten up.

But seriously,  if my Gunnery Seargent Hartman philosophy of life is upsetting to you, please, don't read me. If you believe the Browns players should get their cocks sucked and ass powdered, by all means, send your wives, Mothers and girlfriends, (Or in the case of Wargogay, your boyfriends) to service them. Me? This is how I feel about it.

2 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

The majority of posters here, while good hearted, well-meaning folks, are pussies; and I mean that with affection.

Look, let me try to illuminate reality for you. I love the Browns. Always have, always will, I go back longer than many here have even been alive. My Dad  loved the Browns and taking me and my Mom to games on his steel worker salary was a sacrifice. My Mom,  89, now on Hospice is electrified about the prospect of opening day against the Steelers. After all the good, bad and ugly, here I remain.

Now, understand, I don't feel at all special about this, because many fans all across the world, have rich, passionate connections to this team that reach much further than a simple game.

That said, I don't feel compassion for the "hardships" and "obstacles" that these poor little, self-important, fragile fucking millionaires have to endure. I am sorry if I don't have affection for a fucking offensive lineman who never won jack shit, telling jokes and laughing on the sidelines when his team is getting ass fucked by the Steelers. I also apologize for being so hard on poor Myles Garrett for expecting him to be a Joe Turkey Jones caliber of stand out, play making athlete. Hell, it is stupid old me just forgetting that the kid is a raging millionaire, drafted #1 #1, who not long ago insulted the team I love by begging Jerry Jones in a video to essentially get his ass out of Cleveland.

Fuck all of you and your passive, ass-powdering attitudes for this new regime. You want to give these guys a ticket to a sacred club that means a hell of a lot more than a fucking paycheck and camera op to so many of us, go ahead, kiss their asses, suck their cocks, and let them fuck your wives and mothers while your kids watch.

Sorry, Garrett doesn't get jack fucking shit respect from me until he shows himself to be the caliber of man as my Dad, and all the Dads who struggled so their families could partake of the Browns. Hickerson waited how long...and you want me to kiss Joe Thomas's ass? Again, Fuck all of you. If my being a bastard and not accepting some bullshit, pretend, made-up nonsense about how THIS team is finally on the right track, is too much for your precious eyes and ears to experience, then don't read me. Keep your homer, ass-kissing lips puckered up and have your circle jerk over meaningless shit that has nothing to do with wining games.

Not me. These cocksuckers get paid to be supermen. It is our right as lifelong fans to have these high expectations. Garrett and Thomas weren't a cum stain on the milk man's shorts while my Dad was 200 feet up in the sub-zero Youngstown winter attending to a blast furnace issue.

At the end of the day, this regime, and team haven't showed me fucking jack shit. Give them a chance? Give them time? No shit? Who gives YOU a chance? Who gives YOU time? Bullshit. These cocksuckers are Cleveland Browns and not a single one of them has earned my respect. Not a single one of them deserves jack shit. Nobody ever made an excuse for me and I never made a fucking excuse for myself. I have no tolerance for such bullshit with these pampered, self-absorbed millionaires. WHen they start making plays, performing as advertised and winning games, THEN I will treat them with respect.

As we speak the Browns are a 9 - 10 point underdog to get ass fucked by the Steelers. So, all your "Garrett is getting close to the QB, Williams is lighting a fire, etc. etc. etc., has not just fallen on deaf ears with me, but also with the experts who know football far better than any of us. SO next Sunday, the Browns have their first chance to show me, and show you something. If they get their asses kicked, most of you are going to invent things, reasons, justifications that go along the lines....."YES WE LOST, BUT  LOT OF GOOD THINGS HAPPENED".....  I have news for you, there are no footnotes that accompany the results of a football game. A team wins, or they lose. You can hope, dream and fantasize about how a loss is really an indicator of something else, but a loss is that. It is failure, It stands alone as failure and there are no explanations for it. Should the Browns lose at home against the Steelers, here is what it means..................

• Nothing has changed.

That's all you get in life. A chance to perform on game day. All this other bullshit about regime change, and blah blah blah analytics, attitude, being in position to make plays, being close to the QB, carrying out the game plan? It is all mental masturbation.

Long ago I bought a lifetime season ticket to love the Cleveland Browns. this group of players wearing the uniform are not Cleveland Browns. They merely filled out the application. Game day. That's all anyone has in life. Let this group beat the Steelers, THEN, perhaps I will lighten up.

But seriously,  if my Gunnery Seargent Hartman philosophy of life is upsetting to you, please, don't read me. If you believe the Browns players should get their cocks sucked and ass powdered, by all means, send your wives, Mothers and girlfriends, (Or in the case of Wargogay, your boyfriends) to service them. Me? This is how I feel about it.

I hear they expect recruits to be accomplished Marines after one week of recruit training. Oh wait. They give them time?! No way! 

You're an idiot.

57 minutes ago, wargograw said:

I hear they expect recruits to be accomplished Marines after one week of recruit training. Oh wait. They give them time?! No way! 

You're an idiot.

Ahahahahahahaha. Well said. If ghoolie stopped long enough to take a breath and actually read what people here like myself are saying about garrett....is no one is saying he's the second coming right now. What we're remarking on, and rughtfully so because its right there on the tape.....is that in the span of time between his last college game and his first nfl snaps he's cleaned up a major deficiency. His only deficiency.

he's not getting completely swallowed by first string nfl tackles. He's keeping them at arms length and not letting them push him off the edge. The pass rushing moves we all knew about...that utterly stupid dip and dive he does that a man his size has no business executing....thats all there.

He's currently showing a potential toolset thst not even my boy joey doughnuts out in LA has. It has to be executed duringbthe season tho everyone gets that. Nobody is annointing him already

16 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

Ahahahahahahaha. Well said. If ghoolie stopped long enough to take a breath and actually read what people here like myself are saying about garrett....is no one is saying he's the second coming right now. What we're remarking on, and rughtfully so because its right there on the tape.....is that in the span of time between his last college game and his first nfl snaps he's cleaned up a major deficiency. His only deficiency.

he's not getting completely swallowed by first string nfl tackles. He's keeping them at arms length and not letting them push him off the edge. The pass rushing moves we all knew about...that utterly stupid dip and dive he does that a man his size has no business executing....thats all there.

He's currently showing a potential toolset thst not even my boy joey doughnuts out in LA has. It has to be executed duringbthe season tho everyone gets that. Nobody is annointing him already

LOL! He already said he does not micro-analyze, so you're wasting your fingers typing anything lucid here.:P

3 hours ago, wargograw said:

Says the guy who punked out of a challenge from a mid-50's real estate agent.

Dude, Zomblow made the challenge, I told him to come and bring it. You don't challenge to fight someone and then tell them they have to spend money to travel to meet you. Dude, THAT is what being a cunt is. It is a way for people like YOU, to pretend they are badasses. Challenge someone to a fight, talk shit, and THEN.....call them chicken because they don't want to take time away from their job, family and leisure, PLUS spend money on transportation, food and lodging..................... ALL because someone, who most likely is not going to fight any way can say...... oh, I was just kidding?

Look, you stupid ass fuck, it wasn't me offering to fight anyone. It is you cunts who can't take me, one guy, beating the fuck out of you with words on a message board who need the fantasy of seeing someone physically beat Ghoolie up, who are fucked up. Again, if any of your cunt tards feel the need to fistfight, then show your balls....come to my fucking house and make the challenge to my face.

I will oblige any cocksucker on the face of the planet. I happen to like to fight. I am well schooled in boxing and have served as a punching bag for some totally badass professional heavyweight contenders in my day. Now, get this through your cunt ears.............. I am not telling you I was some kind of a contender.............. I am telling you that I have tasted leather from people that hit 100 times harder than any of your fucking computer tough guys can imagine. I promise you, Zomblow, on the best day he ever lived could not launch anything near the thrust I have walked through. 

You think a fucking nice guy, realtor from a vacation neighborhood is going to kick my fucking ass? Then YOU put your fucking money where your mouth is. Take a collection. Buy him a ticket, send him to my front door. Send any motherfucker you want to send. 

Again, you stupid cunt of a man, it is not ME challenging anyone to fight. It is not ME being a tough guy behind my computer and talking about beating the fuck out of anyone. It is YOU morons who fed the fire. Meehan is a good guy, but he's soft. On the best day of his life, his ribs would not stay whole in a ring with me. YOU want the fight? You pay for it. Bring it to me if thats what you want. Otherwise, shut your fucking cunt.

5 hours ago, wargograw said:

You're an idiot.

They expect them to have character. THere are guys now two years or longer with the Browns, the NFL and Hue. They are cunts. Like you. A cunt.

4 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

LOL! He already said he does not micro-analyze, so you're wasting your fingers typing anything lucid here.:P

Look dick fuck, he was drafter #1  #1. He has played passive, soft, he has been handled and he doesn't look like an impact player. All your analytical bullshit about following scheme and blah blah blah doesn't mean a fucking thing. HE got drafted to kill the QB. He boasts about killing the QB. SO far, the only thing he has given QBs is blowjobs. But hey, you all know better. You are geniuses. Garrett doesn't have to make plays....all he has to do is get style points. I guessed I missed the memo that the NFL now has a point system for style to be awarded on every play........

Idiots. Absolute fucking idiots.

We will what he does Sunday. I hope you are right and I am wrong but so far, I think he looks like a pussy. Almost effeminate.

6 minutes ago, Orion said:

...the left side of the bed today.

Yeah, well the thing is, these fucktards are talking about a fight. What kind of a tough guy, out of the blue challenges someone to fight, and then asks him to spend money to travel to do it? This is something a woman would come up with. You see why I call "guys" like Wargogay cunts? Here I am minding my own business and someone posts a thread about being a badass and wanting to fight me......................... and OOOOOOH.............. I am supposed to wash my vagina, put in my nipple rings and buy the next plane ticket I can to meet someone for a fight?

Fucking idiots. I don't bring the fight shit up. Like I said, if someone wants a fight, fuck man, I LOVE fisticuffs, I always have and always will. I am all for it. But you don't challenge someone and then tell them they have to spend money to come to you to get their ass kicking. You want to fight? Bring it to my door. That's how it works. When I challenge someone? I will go to their door.

" Hey man, I am going to beat the fuck out of you. You chicken shit, you better buy a plane ticket, rent a hotel and car, and come to me.

Who but a cunt thinks like that? Seriously?

Not referring to your fight.

this

One day it's, "This season is gonna be worst than last season.  The offensive line is no better.  The D is gonna be over reacting penalty makers", etc., etc.

And the next day it's, "This team is not the same old shit." and "it feels differently".  

....... I can't figure you out.

8 hours ago, Ghoolie said:
  • But seriously,  if my Gunnery Seargent Hartman philosophy of life is upsetting to you.

Some say it maybe your eating habits, so lets get your Super Hero's in the right lineup..

Just now, Orion said:

Not referring to your fight.

this

....... I can't figure you out.

What is to figure out? I am sorry that I confound your psychoanalytical skills. It is simple. I want the Browns to win. I see that enough has changed that there is room for optimism. At the same time, I am not going to wet myself just because someone fantasizes that a certain player is really good, despite not making any plays.

As I said, Sunday is an important test. Let me see these fuckers when it counts. THEN we can talk about if all this shit really has made a difference. I am just sick of Browns fucktards inventing narratives pointing to Browns improvements despite there being any hard evidence to support it. Look man, making plays is all that matters. Let me see Garrett and company make some plays. Beat the Steelers, THEN we can say the team has improved.

8 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

What is to figure out? I am sorry that I confound your psychoanalytical skills.

As I cannot see you, I cannot read your body language into the equation.  I can only read the typed words.  

MOST of the time you bash the team, organization, water boys, etc. as to how lousy they are and will continue to be.   And then, once in a while, you come out with positive things about the same team, organization, etc.  Then you're right back to being about how crappy everything is.     It's a Sybil effect.

I personally don't swing too far in either direction.  (although initial reactions may bury the needle on occasion).  

You hate Joe Thomas because he was seen having a laugh during one of the team's infinite number of losses during his playing career.  I understand that sentiment to a point.  But geeze, they call it a game.  You're not supposed to have ANY freakin' fun?  Just because your team looses EVERY freakin' game a guy can't smile once in a while?  JT could've jumped ship on us.  But he stayed.  Knowing that we suck.  Sure he got big $$$...but he would've got the money wherever he'd have gone.  He's loyal to us.  Unlike Pryor, of whom we gave a chance to succeed.  Or Mack who wanted out of Pilot J's Flying Circus.  

Yes, losing is not and should not be funny.....but it doesn't mean that you need to drive yourself into clinical depression either.  

And yes, some of our fellow board members wear rose colored glasses.  It is what it is.

23 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

• Nothing has changed.

For God's sake, we're on the verge of starting the regular season and this is the only kind of shit you can offer this place?   You're in your 60s and all you want to do is re-live your disappointing childhood on this message board. Apparently, today is a Potty Mouth Shakespeare Essay contest for adults that want to pretend they are in 2nd grade. Yippppeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Can we waste any more time on such a pathetic agenda? 

Anyone coming here to spend all his time insulting loyal Cleveland fans is an asshole.  We've always welcomed you and you've preferred to be an asshole with an agenda that needs Cleveland to keep losing.  You'd HATE it if this team won.  Yay? You lack the integrity to get anyone to believe any of the bullshit you are selling. You don't even remember your lies before you contradict them with the complete opposite take in another mood or personality or just perhaps the absence of bottle.  Whatever! 

Hey, guess who your perfect eye for QB talent in Denver just signed again?  Brock Ostrich.  You always forgot Elway was the guy who drafted Osweiler in round 2 before he shared his disappointment with media over Osweiler leaving Denver for another team.  Does the Paxton Lynch fan club party of 1 need to go out to the Rocky Mountains and picket?   I can only imagine how interesting that will all get if the last pick of the 2017 draft (Chad Kelly) ends up being more of a long term plan than Ghoolie's franchise QB.  Sounds like a story Jeff Foxworthy should narrate.  Stay tuned...

Archived