THE BROWNS BOARD

2017 NFL Waiver Wire And Player Cut Thread

BrownsDawgPound

8 hours ago, Orion said:

I watched the Bears game today and Leslie made a great one handed reception.  Spectacular.  And then proceeded to drop one thrown RIGHT TO HIM.  I mean, he dropped a REAL EASY one.   

Ah....doesnt matter.....he was still the best looking WR we had on the field this preseason......that one spectacular catch was more than the whole staff made together....in all 4 games....

On a similar note.....I already listed Travis Rudolph as someone we should consider picking up.....but, now, I see Seattle has cut Kasen Williams......

Browns should tap this guy immediately.....probably would be a starter here....

http://www.seahawks.com/video/2017/08/13/every-kasen-williams-catch-preseason-week-1

8 hours ago, Orion said:

I watched the Bears game today and Leslie made a great one handed reception.  Spectacular.  And then proceeded to drop one thrown RIGHT TO HIM.  I mean, he dropped a REAL EASY one.   

That catch is why I think he needs to be on our PS if he clears. He's been no worse than Britt on occasional stone hands. And he gets open more often than anyone we have. I'm afraid Britt may be turning into Bowe 2.0.

56 minutes ago, Mudfly said:

On a similar note.....I already listed Travis Rudolph as someone we should consider picking up.....but, now, I see Seattle has cut Kasen Williams......

Browns should tap this guy immediately.....probably would be a starter here....

http://www.seahawks.com/video/2017/08/13/every-kasen-williams-catch-preseason-week-1

Kasen Williams had a awesome camp..this is a huge mistake rarely coming from Seattle's GM after trading Kearse..Time to jump on this WR   

1 hour ago, 7moses7 said:

Bug Howard cut by the Colts, Mitch's WR at North Carolina

took him in our mock as a 7th round sleeper..Love the kids range, even on Mitch's inaccuracy at UNC, so he fits our QB issues, but really he's no better than Leslie or R.Hall imo 

Did you read the in between the line comments of John F'em Elway? Making it sound like Brock was in QB Siberia Of Hue Jackson for 18 months..F' him.. if I can't post it,find it..Elway is a &&dd###     

22 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

Did you read the in between the line comments of John F'em Elway? Making it sound like Brock was in QB Siberia Of Hue Jackson for 18 months..F' him.. if I can't post it,find it..Elway is a &&dd###     

Right.....basically said the Browns prolly messed him up....and the Broncs'll have to fix that.....Elways sucks turtle dicks

3 hours ago, boo fagley said:

Simean is so bad that Oiswieller was worth another look

Pretty sure it's just to be a back-up. He had a year in McCoy's system and Lynch is out for a few weeks. Not sure what the long term plan is with him; most fans are ready to cut ties with Lynch at this point, but are OK rolling with Simien. 

9 minutes ago, BroncoLurker said:

Pretty sure it's just to be a back-up. He had a year in McCoy's system and Lynch is out for a few weeks. Not sure what the long term plan is with him; most fans are ready to cut ties with Lynch at this point, but are OK rolling with Simien. 

same thing i told my stepson, Have you seen your 1's on OL? Elway better fix Brock by like next week:ph34r: 

1 hour ago, Mudfly said:

Right.....basically said the Browns prolly messed him up....and the Broncs'll have to fix that.....Elways sucks turtle dicks

Yeah if Elway is such a QB whisperer then why hasn't his boy Lynch done anything.....Definitely a turtle dick sucker.

The Cleveland Browns have claimed WR Reggie Davis (Atlanta), DB Michael Jordan (LA Rams), DL T.Y. McGill (Indianapolis), WR Kasen Williams (Seattle) and QB Josh Woodrum (Baltimore) from waivers. In corresponding moves, the team waived WR Rashard Higginsicon-article-link.gif, DB Darius Hillaryicon-article-link.gif, DL Tyrone Holmesicon-article-link.gif and DB Kai Nacuaicon-article-link.gif and terminated the contract of DB Marcus Burleyicon-article-link.gif.

The Browns also signed TE J.P. Holtz, LB Deon King, RB Terrence Magee and DB Najee Murray to the team’s practice squad. All four were with the Browns this preseason and were waived during final roster cuts.

---------------------------

Looks like we finally let Higgins go.

And now we have yet another QB.

Oh, that makes sense now. We cut Haden so we could get #23 Mike Jordan DB... coincidence?- I think not! lol

8 hours ago, Orion said:

The Cleveland Browns have claimed WR Reggie Davis (Atlanta), DB Michael Jordan (LA Rams), DL T.Y. McGill (Indianapolis), WR Kasen Williams (Seattle) and QB Josh Woodrum (Baltimore) from waivers. In corresponding moves, the team waived WR Rashard Higginsicon-article-link.gif, DB Darius Hillaryicon-article-link.gif, DL Tyrone Holmesicon-article-link.gif and DB Kai Nacuaicon-article-link.gif and terminated the contract of DB Marcus Burleyicon-article-link.gif.

The Browns also signed TE J.P. Holtz, LB Deon King, RB Terrence Magee and DB Najee Murray to the team’s practice squad. All four were with the Browns this preseason and were waived during final roster cuts.

Another TE?

I'm beginning to wonder if the FO is having buyers remorse with Njoku.

9 hours ago, Orion said:

Trying to read up on these new claims. I understand Davis did some kick returning, so that may be our solution to filling that role. While Williams may pan out to being a solid pickup l do have some concern with Kizer rolling into the regular season with only 3 wideouts he played with in camp and preseason, and only one of them looked particularly good, Coleman.

6 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

We cut some good OL talent -- anything worth developing in Zach Banner? 4th round draft pick just got cut by, of all teams, Indy..

gumby liked him well enough to mock him for NYG with a 4th-round supplemental pick...

On 3/23/2017 at 2:18 PM, gumby73 said:

pick 140 in the 4th round -The NY Giants select the other Giant of the USC OL---ZACH BANNER OT/G USC-- played both positions in bowl game, but at 6' 8" 353lbs. he can play where he damn pleases :lol: (QB-Darnold at USC will have no OL left in 17.Now lets see how good he is)

As I recall he was a clumsy looking Sr. Bowl participant with no tech and not particularly quick to boot... and we already have one of those named Zach... Sterup... ;)

Archived