THE BROWNS BOARD

2017 NFL Waiver Wire And Player Cut Thread

BrownsDawgPound

Hi, Browns fans.   I expect many familiar veteran players to be waived and cut so all teams will meet the Saturday afternoon, September 2, 4:00PM Eastern Standard Time mandatory deadline.  Which player stays, gets waived and cut, or traded between now and then.

NFL.com will break down the cuts by team, Adam Schefter will post tweets, and the NFL Network reports the breaking news between now and Saturday.

This is a new and interesting dynamic to the game with the "everybody gets cut at once" policy. Like a super chess match amongst the GMs. 

The uber savvy GMs will have a bead on who may get cut and what teams may want those players, and who they can slip under the radar to the PS amongst the chaos. 

Kinda twists my mind thinking we might have guys who don't make it that other teams may want, particularly on the defensive side of the ball. Let's see how Sashi puts his balls in his money.

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000836009/article/what-to-watch-for-on-roster-cutdown-deadline-day

Also more importantly maybe is to watch who teams try to hide on the PS. We hid Hogan pretty well, but not anymore.

Is Kessler PS eligible?   I see him being the odd man out.    But that does not mean that they could not put him on the PS.

44 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Also...correct me if I am wrong....but because of their 1-15 record last year, do not the Browns have FIRST CHOICE to pick up any player that has been cut?  

Would that, in theory also include their own players that they want to cut, but then stash on the PS?

Players have to go to 53 if picked up off waivers. So no you can't cut them and pick them up to PS. To go to PS they have to completely clear waivers. 

39 minutes ago, BroncoLurker said:

Players have to go to 53 if picked up off waivers. So no you can't cut them and pick them up to PS. To go to PS they have to completely clear waivers. 

So, basically all 32 teams have to pass on a player to be put on a teams PS?  

If they are picked up off the waiver list they must be added to the 53 man roster....OK....but...in that case though...the Browns still get first pick of the litter because of their record last year...as long as they are willing to add the guys waived to their own 53 man roster. Right?

11 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

So, basically all 32 teams have to pass on a player to be put on a teams PS?  

If they are picked up off the waiver list they must be added to the 53 man roster....OK....but...in that case though...the Browns still get first pick of the litter because of their record last year...as long as they are willing to add the guys waived to their own 53 man roster. Right?

Yes and yes. They have first picks up until the day after the third regular season game. Then it goes by w/l record of current season I think. 

So who's next????

Placed on Reserve/Physically Unable to Perform (PUP):
DB Howard Wilson

Terminated contract:
WR Josh Boyce DL Brandon Thompson

Waived:
WR Mario Alford

WR Rasheed Bailey

LB B.J. Bello

DB Christian Bryant

DB Trey Caldwell

LB Ladell Fleming

DB J.D. Harmon

DB Alvin Hill

TE Nate Iese

TE Taylor McNamara

WR Richard Mullaney

OL Kitt O'Brien

DL Karter Schult

DB Channing Stribling

RB Brandon Wilds (injury designation)

I wouldn't mind seeing Schult make it to the PS.

Travis Coons out at Rams..Even Scooby Wright has no Cards left in hometown Zona..Darius Jennings(Brns) out in Tenn. but Tenn puts WR's-Tre McBride & Eric Weems on street...were getting close to 4pm & were still up on da bears again on NFLnetwork..Good Luck Cleveland..Come get s0me.. 

10 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

Well, I can't believe Leslie didn't earn a spot. Practice squad? I don't get it.

I watched the Bears game today and Leslie made a great one handed reception.  Spectacular.  And then proceeded to drop one thrown RIGHT TO HIM.  I mean, he dropped a REAL EASY one.   

10 hours ago, LondonBrown said:

Colts trade Philip Dorsett to the Patriots in exchange for QB Jacoby Brisett 

So much for the off season BS Bill B.is so confident in Brisett, he might be willing to trade Garropolo. 

Speaking of QB's I predicted Brock Lobster would return to Denver and he is...although they get him at a league minimum and the Browns are left paying over 15 million for a second round pick. 

6 hours ago, Opal312 said:

Speaking of QB's I predicted Brock Lobster would return to Denver and he is...although they get him at a league minimum and the Browns are left paying over 15 million for a second round pick. 

Pretty cheap when you have the greatest cap space to fill in the NFL.

Archived