THE BROWNS BOARD

Cut Assoiler

Zombo

6 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Not so sure about that Gip. Kessler was "mentored" for an entire year by McCown. Hue will mentor Kizer.

Nothing that has happened so far has precluded the fact that this team may still want to use a high first round pick next year on a QB.

Lets see how things work out in the preseason.

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Nothing that has happened so far has precluded the fact that this team may still want to use a high first round pick next year on a QB.

Something has happened.

Our second round pick beat out three Veterans and has the full support of the head coach moving forward.

Don't see the need for a veteran QB either, Hogan and Kess are both good enough for the backup role.

Z

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

I'm watching this season's college football season with an eye on what Darnold, Allen and Rosen do. It would be phenomenal if Kizer is the Browns franchise QB for a decade plus, but the Browns should find themselves in position next draft to take a QB. I still think the Browns draft in the top 5.

21 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I DO think they are trending upwards though! :lol:

I think we'll know pretty quick how this season pans out. The NFL put 3 division foes on the schedule in the first 4 games...if, and it's a big if, the Browns come out of that at 2 & 2, then things may be bright IMHO. A bad start could fuel bad vibes for the whole season.

1 hour ago, Zombo said:

Something has happened.

Our second round pick beat out three Veterans and has the full support of the head coach moving forward.

Don't see the need for a veteran QB either, Hogan and Kess are both good enough for the backup role.

Z

He did not beat out anybody. Brock was way better than him in pre-snap and making the right read. Unlike most fans, I care little about execution in the preseason. It is all about understanding your job, how to do your job and preparing to execute in the regular season. Brock was way more advanced than Kizer. The Browns simply don't want to run the risk of winning 7 games with Brock and hurting their draft position.

1 hour ago, Hempman said:

He did not beat out anybody. Brock was way better than him in pre-snap and making the right read. Unlike most fans, I care little about execution in the preseason. It is all about understanding your job, how to do your job and preparing to execute in the regular season. Brock was way more advanced than Kizer. The Browns simply don't want to run the risk of winning 7 games with Brock and hurting their draft position.

That's probably true but there are so many other factors that come into play. Not that I necessarily agree with all of them but Osweiler was never the coaches boy was never the owner's boy and probably never Sashi Browns boy.

Maybe in the future Deshon Kizer will turn into the real deal I think we all hope that. Right now except for a couple of nice throws he almost seems like the weakest of the three. Given nothing but preseason I would say Cody Kessler would challenge him for that third spot.

But I also understand rolling the dice. If it comes up turds who knows maybe the Jets will take our two first rounds and a second to move up a few spots.

Or more likely wait till mid round or lower and roll the dice on Lamar Jackson.

WSS

5 hours ago, The Gipper said:

4 hours ago, Zombo said:

Something has happened.

Yes... the preseason happened...

3 hours ago, Hempman said:

You're retarded.

Zombo

6 hours ago, Hempman said:

Hahaha. Get the fuck out of here. BO was terrible. He did nothing this preseason and last season was horrible. Proven loser. How can you guys still defend this guy.

Brock Osweiler deal is finalized..Browns owe Brock $15.225M. Broncos $775K. Browns have Texans 2nd round pick in 2018. Also in trade, Browns collected pick #188(6th) which was traded to Jets to move up to #160(5th) to land T Roderick Johnson-FSU. While Texans got Browns pick of #142 in 4th to get DT-Carlos Watkins-Clemson 

10 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I'm watching this season's college football season with an eye on what Darnold, Allen and Rosen do. It would be phenomenal if Kizer is the Browns franchise QB for a decade plus, but the Browns should find themselves in position next draft to take a QB. I still think the Browns draft in the top 5.

If they do- fire the whole lot of 'em. (they won't) From the looks of it, it's going to be a very deep QB class, no need to draft in the top 5. 

9 hours ago, Hempman said:

Regarding Brock's execution- I'd be in favor of it. :)   Or did you overlook once the play started, Os couldn't hit the broadside of a barn at 10 yards? Such a valuable commodity he got resigned for vet minimum? 

2 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Brock Osweiler deal is finalized..Browns owe Brock $15.225M. Broncos $775K. Browns have Texans 2nd round pick in 2018. Also in trade, Browns collected pick #188(6th) which was traded to Jets to move up to #160(5th) to land T Roderick Johnson-FSU. While Texans got Browns pick of #142 in 4th to get DT-Carlos Watkins-Clemson 

It's called "winning" ... Get used to it.

Z

Archived