THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Browns @ Bears Preseason Game Night Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

Thanks...

WTF was Trubs doing back in there at the end of the game?

Fox was under fire for that call. . .

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/columnists/ct-top-five-bears-haugh-spt-0901-20170831-column.html

1 hour ago, Alkid3 said:

Not only did he get demoted. He got traded to another team because of how sorry his play was. Proven loser.

And he will be OUR proven loser.  So I will root for him to do well.

Besides,  he has been in the league since 2012.  2012 Denver went 13-3, 2013 Denver went 13-3, 2014 Denver went 12-4, 2015 Denver went 12-4, 2016 Houston went 9-7.  Sure, he did not play all that much in Denver,  but his record as a starting QB is  13-8 overall.  So, whether he played sorry or not.....he has a 13-8 record.

32 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

And he will be OUR proven loser.  So I will root for him to do well.

Besides,  he has been in the league since 2012.  2012 Denver went 13-3, 2013 Denver went 13-3, 2014 Denver went 12-4, 2015 Denver went 12-4, 2016 Houston went 9-7.  Sure, he did not play all that much in Denver,  but his record as a starting QB is  13-8 overall.  So, whether he played sorry or not.....he has a 13-8 record.

You're seriously comparing that super bowl team to our team right now? Hahaha. Of course if he's on our team we will root for him. That's a given. 

4 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Stan owes me a pitcher of Margaritas from our bet on my prediction of where Trubisky would be drafted.

He'll pay. We were in the same camp with this kid and he has progressed rapidly.

1 hour ago, Alkid3 said:

You're seriously comparing that super bowl team to our team right now? Hahaha. Of course if he's on our team we will root for him. That's a given. 

He was the starting QB for about half the season on a Super Bowl winning team.  He didn't start in the playoffs...but that does not negate the facts.

If this team had a similar defense....you could maybe compare it. It may have  very good defense, but not that good, likely.

3 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Thanks...

WTF was Trubs doing back in there at the end of the game?

The short of it, Shaw got hurt, I was wondering why they didn't put Sanchez in to run out the clock.....  

Still nibbling at the game. Thru the 1st half...

• Kess' fear of downfield is palpable, but in that late 2nd-Qtr TD drive he did "come alive". Started when he was flushed right and threw a strike on the run for a 1st then two more including Hall's TD.
  • I'd cut Hall just for bad celebrating.
  • Shaw wasn't afraid to throw downfield... and he showed more arm than I remembered. Not a lot of connecting, but receivers were responsible for more than a half share of the fails.
  • Drango looked lost at times at RG in PassPro... I mean Cam-confused bad.
  • Shon Coleman had a rough patch, but more good than bad.
  • Second team D looked pretty damn together.

28 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Still nibbling at the game. Thru the 1st half...

• Kess' fear of downfield is palpable, but in that late 2nd-Qtr TD drive he did "come alive". Started when he was flushed right and threw a strike on the run for a 1st then two more including Hall's TD.
  • I'd cut Hall just for bad celebrating.
  • Shaw wasn't afraid to throw downfield... and he showed more arm than I remembered. Not a lot of connecting, but receivers were responsible for more than a half share of the fails.
  • Drango looked lost at times at RG in PassPro... I mean Cam-confused bad.
  • Shon Coleman had a rough patch, but more good than bad.
  • Second team D looked pretty damn together.

I've been elated over the coordinated play of the D even down to 3 deep. I think with all the substitution Williams does to preserve legs, players top to bottom stay on top of the game and feel comfortable playing with one another throughout those levels. You can tell they are a real UNIT. This is going to be a fun season to watch defensively.

16 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I've been elated over the coordinated play of the D even down to 3 deep. I think with all the substitution Williams does to preserve legs, players top to bottom stay on top of the game and feel comfortable playing with one another throughout those levels. You can tell they are a real UNIT. This is going to be a fun season to watch defensively.

Yep, the real addition to the defense was subtracting of Ray Horton.

I'm expecting good things out of the "D" this year.

Archived