THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Browns @ Bears Preseason Game Night Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

Hi, Browns fans!    B)  Our  Cleveland Browns have a chance to finish the preseason schedule undefeated tonight, as they are in lakeside to play the Chicago Bears.  Brown s outscored their opponents in the last three games 43 to 29 ;points.  Kickoff from Soldier Field is right after 7:00PM Eastern Standard Time.

After tonight, the Browns and all NFL teams must make many difficult decisions to trim their current 90-man, to final 53-man regular season roster, plus 10-man practice squad later, by 4:00PM Saturday afternoon, September 2.

Good luck to all the players on the bubble to survive and earn themselves into the final 53, and HERE WE GO BROW-NIES, HERE WE GO! WOOF! WOOF!   ;)B):)

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, BrownsDawgPound said:

Our  Cleveland Browns have a chance to finish the preseason schedule undefeated tonight.....

Our Cleveland Browns have a chance to lose for the first time in 2017. There, fixed your jinx with an un-jinx.:P

I honestly don't get not playing Kizer at all... even if it is with the 2's. Last chance to get some game work in before facing the Steelers.

13 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

I honestly don't get not playing Kizer at all... even if it is with the 2's. Last chance to get some game work in before facing the Steelers.

I just think it is a matter of not wanting the qb you have tabbed as a starter playing behind guys that won't even be on the team next week. With the qb it is a little bit of a domino effect. You would want the starting line protecting him, and might as well have the starting receivers too, don't want to mess with the rhythm. I think most coaches feel they get better work in practice anyways.

8 hours ago, BrownsDawgPound said:

Hi, Browns fans!    B)  Our  Cleveland Browns have a chance to finish the preseason schedule undefeated tonight, as they are in lakeside to play the Chicago Bears.  Brown s outscored their opponents in the last three games 43 to 29 ;points.  Kickoff from Soldier Field is right after 7:00PM Eastern Standard Time.

After tonight, the Browns and all NFL teams must make many difficult decisions to trim their current 90-man, to final 53-man regular season roster, plus 10-man practice squad later, by 4:00PM Saturday afternoon, September 2.

Good luck to all the players on the bubble to survive and earn themselves into the final 53, and HERE WE GO BROW-NIES, HERE WE GO! WOOF! WOOF!   ;)B):)

I am going to have issues.  Because of recent changes in my cable provider going to all digital, I only have one working TV in my house. (Tthat may not be a problem as she usually lets me watch what I want...EXCEPT on "Project Runway" night.  And that is tonight. And I am certain to be AUFED from watching sports.

Not only is the Browns game on in conflict with that, but so is the Ohio State/Indiana game.  So, I may have to hit the local sports pub in order to see both games.

Well, here it is:

Ohio State vs. Indiana  Kickoff 8:00 PM  on ESPN

Browns vs. Bears  Kickoff 8:00 PM   Channel 5 WEWS    (local Cleveland broadcast)

Project Runway  New Show:  9:00 PM.   (starting at 7 there are reruns of previous shows.)  And yes, as noted above, I must be mindful of this.

Good news:  No Indians game today to conflict with the above.

48 minutes ago, BroncoLurker said:

I just think it is a matter of not wanting the qb you have tabbed as a starter playing behind guys that won't even be on the team next week. With the qb it is a little bit of a domino effect. You would want the starting line protecting him, and might as well have the starting receivers too, don't want to mess with the rhythm. I think most coaches feel they get better work in practice anyways.

I get that... but five days ago we had Zach Sterup protecting his blindside for over half the snaps Kizer took.

Working against yourself gets old and is severely limited under the CBA. At least for now this is being circumvented with the rise of joint practices. Belichick and the Pats have had three this preseason. I heard some analysts equating this to having had 7 preseason games this year. I don't remember us having a single joint practice this preseason.

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

I am going to have issues.  Because of recent changes in my cable provider going to all digital, I only have one working TV in my house. (Tthat may not be a problem as she usually lets me watch what I want...EXCEPT on "Project Runway" night.  And that is tonight. And I am certain to be AUFED from watching sports.

Not only is the Browns game on in conflict with that, but so is the Ohio State/Indiana game.  So, I may have to hit the local sports pub in order to see both games.

I'd give up the meaningless Browns game to score points with the boss that can be cashed in down the road.   Missing the OSU game is a little different but I don't think they should have too much trouble with IU on the football field. 

Very important game for me. 10 days ago I went to Youngstown expecting to say farewell to my Mom. Miraculously, she is back to cussing the Steelers, eating, walking, talking and in general grabbing life by the ass. 89 and still kicking. Can't watch it with her, but will get a lot of calls and texts.

WHo makes a bigger impact? Garrett or Trubisky? Good story.

9 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

Very important game for me. 10 days ago I went to Youngstown expecting to say farewell to my Mom. Miraculously, she is back to cussing the Steelers, eating, walking, talking and in general grabbing life by the ass. 89 and still kicking. Can't watch it with her, but will get a lot of calls and texts.

WHo makes a bigger impact? Garrett or Trubisky? Good story.

Its the 4th preseason game......there will be no impact in this game by either for anything that is important.  Simply a  matter of mild interest. Hell, Garrett may not even play.

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

"It"    You mean the new Stephen King movie....or something else?  What "it"?

There is only one "it", Browns  football.:D

So the replay of the Chicago-Cleveland preseeason game is on NFL Net Ch 212 Direct TV Sat @ 1pm eastern/12 central.

Archived