Sign in to follow this  
Alkid3

Haden a Steeler

nickers    252
On 9/2/2017 at 11:58 AM, Vagitron said:

The guy has been playing on a bad groin for the last two seasons. He wont have to be the number one corner and the steelers wouldnt have paid him 7m if they didnt think he had anything left. I have no expectations but if hes fully healthy the signing is substantial. I dont believe he will be prime joe haden but i think he will be solid and thats all the steelers need. Solid. 

Once you have groin tears its pretty hard to get back to any respectable level.. With Joe you basically have to keep everything in front of him.. But I expect joe to get burned.. And often.. It just is what it is...

The Gipper    1,173
12 hours ago, Vagitron said:

How does that even make any sense? They asked him to reduce his salary and he said no and he was released. The browns wanting him or not wanting him isnt going to effect how other teams evaluate him. Frankly despite his recent injuries i think the browns with all the cap room made a mistake in cutting him. I guess we will all find out soon enough. 

Well.....there may be the rub.    Despite having all that cap room....the Browns FO, with their analytics based approach still believe that despite the fact that they have tons of cap room do NOT want to overpay for players based on performance....unless absolutely necessary.

It WAS necessary for them to eat Osweiler's contract.   But how do you think this FO analyzed that...to come up with a solution?  Cut that 16 mill from the roster somewhere else.  And Haden and Greco were that somewhere else.   Get rid of aging veterans with high salaries that are not performing up to their salaries. That IS a mantra of this FO....n/w/s anything having to do with how much cap space they may have.

And, another side of this is that they may be adhering to the Bill Belichick philosophy:   Better to get rid of a guy a year early than a year late.

Tour2ma    1,430
4 hours ago, nickers said:

Once you have groin tears its pretty hard to get back to any respectable level.. With Joe you basically have to keep everything in front of him.. But I expect joe to get burned.. And often.. It just is what it is...

Which for a corner is pretty much the game... in a zone...

The ESPN analysis of Joe's game that I referred to a few days ago made your point. Showed him in his prime vs now. Before he had no fear of trailing. Now he was turning very early to keep the play in front of him. And when the WR cut off the route his recovery cuts were now rounded.

Dutch Oven    64

How much was Greco going to make this year?

I was more upset about them cutting him than Haden... Nice to have versatile veteran backups, especially when Bitonio has not been exactly the most durable player.

• Upvote 1

Tour2ma    1,430

Greco was due to make $3.2mm IIRC... I know it was $3-something.

Were he the same Greco I saw going into 2016, then I'd agree... but he wasn't.

It is worth noting that John has not yet been signed by anyone.

• Thanks 1

The Gipper    1,173
12 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Greco was due to make $3.2mm IIRC... I know it was $3-something.

Were he the same Greco I saw going into 2016, then I'd agree... but he wasn't.

It is worth noting that John has not yet been signed by anyone.

So, I suspect it was certainly not all about the money in ditching Greco...as apparently he wasn't making all that much.  I guess they just wanted to ditch just about everyone over a certain age.

Now...only JT, Colquitt and McCourty are on this team who are 30 or over.  JT and Colquitt both 32, McCourty is 30.     That includes anyone on the IR or PS.

Tour2ma    1,430
16 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I guess they just wanted to ditch just about everyone over a certain age.

Bad guess...

mjp28    156
16 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

So, I suspect it was certainly not all about the money in ditching Greco...as apparently he wasn't making all that much.  I guess they just wanted to ditch just about everyone over a certain age.

Now...only JT, Colquitt and McCourty are on this team who are 30 or over.  JT and Colquitt both 32, McCourty is 30.     That includes anyone on the IR or PS.

This is where the FO earns it's money (if you can say that now $$$$), almost as important as picking the draft picks.

medicineman    71

Who gives a shit now they are gone, Let's talk about moving forward  and see if they will lower ticket prices since we can't put together a winning ef'n team.

The Gipper    1,173
29 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Bad guess...

Perfectly accurate guess.....as except for JT....who this FO would likely have traded if Jimmy had not put the kibosh on it, and a punter.....only McCourty is 30.....and he is just 30.

Tour2ma    1,430

No...

The Gipper    1,173
10 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

No...

Then lets hear your twisted logic.

Gafreleets    18

I think the Clowns may have well and truly f*cked up.

By all accounts Haden is having no speed or quickness issues and is in no way overmatched on either AB or Bryant. Also reported that he was able to match step for step with DHB.... arguably the fastest player on our team.

http://pit.247sports.com/Bolt/LOOK-Joe-Haden-takes-on-Martavis-Bryant-in-practice-107052846

The Gipper    1,173
5 minutes ago, Gafreleets said:

I think the Clowns may have well and truly f*cked up.

By all accounts Haden is having no speed or quickness issues and is in no way overmatched on either AB or Bryant. Also reported that he was able to match step for step with DHB.... arguably the fastest player on our team.

http://pit.247sports.com/Bolt/LOOK-Joe-Haden-takes-on-Martavis-Bryant-in-practice-107052846

Sounds like a self serving ...and not necessarily true, statement.  If he is so fast and quick....why was that not the case throughout the preseason here?   Because it was not.  He couldn't keep up with Rashard Higgins and Ricardo Louis.....not quite on par with AB.   Was he faking it or dogging it because he didn't want to play for Greg Williams, who had challenged him?

Or, maybe, as many have said...including your ilk:  Haden will perform better in the Steeler's zone rather than in the man to man that Williams runs. Maybe that is what is happening

Gafreleets    18
Just now, The Gipper said:

Sounds like a self serving ...and not necessarily true, statement.  If he is so fast and quick....why was that not the case throughout the preseason here?   Because it was not.  He couldn't keep up with Rashard Higgins and Ricardo Louis.....not quite on par with AB.   Was he faking it or dogging it because he didn't want to play for Greg Williams, who had challenged him?

Or, maybe, as many have said...including your ilk:  Haden will perform better in the Steeler's zone rather than in the man to man that Williams runs. Maybe that is what is happening

Not sure.

Trying to look at objectively, but the Steelers typically don't put out "fluff" or false stories just to generate hype.

And I haven't heard anything about zone, I've heard about him going 1vs1 without looking mismatched or outclassed.

Maybe the Stains WRs are just secretly the fastest in the league?

Don't know, but I do know multiple sources from the Pittsburgh sports media have confirmed this.

The Gipper    1,173
11 minutes ago, Gafreleets said:

Not sure.

Trying to look at objectively, but the Steelers typically don't put out "fluff" or false stories just to generate hype.

No...but their fans certainly do....and all we have is your word that he is doing "so great".  

And I haven't heard anything about zone, I've heard about him going 1vs1 without looking mismatched or outclassed.

Then it would be the first time in 3 years that that is the case

Maybe the Stains WRs are just secretly the fastest in the league?

Or, maybe, except for the one guy, the Steelers WRs ain't all that.  I actually subscribe to this theory more. 

Don't know, but I do know multiple sources from the Pittsburgh sports media have confirmed this.

Maybe they are just a wishin' and hopin'....and you know what Dusty Springfield said about that.

PoeticG    182

I will tell you flat out that it is a FACT that the Browns FUCKED up by letting Haden go. 

He was already under contract and being paid very well for past services rendered. However, he was injured and unable to play the way he was known to play the past year and a half, so big dick Sashi Brown demanded a pay-cut and Haden said, "fuck that noise, I played hurt for this team all year, and even though it effected my stat line, I did it for my team". Then big dick Sashi Brown said, "we didn't draft you, so you either take a pay cut OR you'll be cut within a week if we can't find a team to take your contract off our hands". Haden said, "you do that and I'll be in your nightmares twice a year in a Yellow and Black Freddie Kruger mask..." Sashi said, "Yeah, I doubt that you'll find any team willing to employ an oft injured, over-the-hill veteran with diminished skills... blah, blah, blah" 

So, in other news. We also let go of Calvin Pryor, who IMO was looking pretty good back there at Safety because of a fight. It would have been a knock out secondary with Peppers/Kindred/Pryor back there. Oh well, at least we have Myles... oh wait, nevermind, he's actually injured too. 

Same old shit. FUCK!!!!:angry:

• Haha 1

BaconHound    94

Haden hasn't lived up to his contract since the ink dried, probably pick 6 balls and got to the Pro Bowl with Pittsburgh this year

wargograw    221

Can't wait to light that traitor up like a Christmas tree Sunday.

• Like 1

miktoxic    1,096

hee haw!!

dude will retire in a browns uni.

Vagitron    42
12 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

Vindication

PFF rated Haden all of 51.4 today.  Once again, the FO was right...

You cant base the performance of a player off of one game. I thought he had a solid game honestly. He almost had a int. 

bjh2130    6
7 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

You cant base the performance of a player off of one game. I thought he had a solid game honestly. He almost had a int. 

Almost had a int? Stop the fucking presses. 

Vagitron    42
3 minutes ago, bjh2130 said:

Almost had a int? Stop the fucking presses. 

Game one in a new defense. I was happy with haden. He doesnt need to be a world beater, thats what artie burns is for. I have zero expectations for haden but hes a high character, team oriented veteran that says hes 100%. Im glad hes a steeler. 

Canton Dawg    269
16 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

He almost had a int. 

And then you woke up.