THE BROWNS BOARD

Haden a Steeler

Alkid3

6 hours ago, finger Mellon said:

UPDATE: Seven weeks later PIT is #1 against the pass.

It's not because of Joe Haden alone.  He has played well but there has been an improved pass-rush and the rookie corner, Burns has matured a bit.

Joe Haden replaced Ross Sockrell on the roster, who has since started one game with NYG and is not playing as well as Joe Haden.  Haden covered the Chiefs Tyree Hill quite well in week 6, limiting Hill to two receptions for 15 yards against Haden in coverage. Haden also had an INT while covering AJ Green in week 7 against CIN

PIT had a hole to fill and Joe Haden filled-in nicely. PIT has improved at the position. The GM was thrilled to get him, saying that guys like Haden are usually not available - in that quality veterans are either over-priced or over-the hill.

He was not worth was CLE was paying him. He's considered to be a good guy in the locker room, the press likes him and he has become a fan favorite.

Thus far, things have worked out quite well.

well, maybe Joe did improve that position.   A D student is, after all, better than an F student.  And the Steelers GM is right.....guys are usually only available because they are overpriced or over the hill.  In Joe's case, both applied.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well guess it's one of those rare moments when it works out equally well for both teams.

Yeah, Haden wasn't a all pro his first game on his new team.

And he's been pretty rock solid since.

He has contributed positively to our team, is not regularly picked on or targeted all game like some of our previous CBs. Our pass defense went from something that was a obvious weakness that teams could exploit to LITERALLY the best in the league.

He was exactly what the Steelers needed....especially since Cleveland is picking up 3,000,000 of his salary....... and is partly responsible for us being 5-2.

Just for comparison.......how many games has McCourty helped the Clowns win?

Asking for a friend.

17 minutes ago, Gafreleets said:

Well guess it's one of those rare moments when it works out equally well for both teams.

He has contributed positively to our team, is not regularly picked on or targeted all game like some of our previous CBs. Our pass defense went from something that was a obvious weakness that teams could exploit to LITERALLY the best in the league.

He was exactly what the Steelers needed....especially since Cleveland is picking up 3,000,000 of his salary....... and is partly responsible for us being 5-2.

Asking for a friend.

So you like Haden's 1 INT over McCourty's 3 at more than double the price playing the 3CB on the roster to McCourty's 1CB.

Got it.

Tell your friend to go F U CK himself a ss clown.  

42 minutes ago, Gafreleets said:

Lets not go honey dipping in the LSD pot. Joe may be better than what was there....but that does not make them anywhere near close to the top in the league.

I am not of the opinion that Joe could not have helped the Browns. He would have added needed depth here. But he wasn't going to be the man as he once was. 

Actually could have been a few if not for the horrible play on the other side of the ball. And for some mistakes made in how the DBs were deployed.  E.g.  In the first half of the Colts game.....T.Y. Hilton ran wild in the first half with Jamar Taylor on him.  They switched to McCourty playing him in the second half and he shut Hilton down.  Same basic thing happened vs. Pitt and A. Brown....except I don't think they did ever switch to McCourty covering him.

Asking for a friend.

Gipper you must be the one smoking rocks......

As of prior to the bungles game the Steelers had the topped ranked pass defense.

"Could have been" should be the motto for the Clowns.

hx214....... I love that he was able to come in and instantly improve our secondary. I love the fact that your organization is still paying Haden too.

8 minutes ago, Gafreleets said:

Gipper you must be the one smoking rocks......

As of prior to the bungles game the Steelers had the topped ranked pass defense.

Buts it not because they are really any good.  There must be other factors. Like, perhaps, the shitty teams and QBs you have played.

"Could have been" should be the motto for the Clowns.

Yea, like...we could have had more than 13 Championships had not a few things  broken our way.

hx214....... I love that he was able to come in and instantly improve our secondary. I love the fact that your organization is still paying Haden too.

You act as if people here are pining away for Joe Haden.  Think again.  Nobody gives a shi about him here any more...except for maybe one guy...and he still pines for Trent Richardson .

2 hours ago, Gafreleets said:

Just for comparison.......how many games has McCourty helped the Clowns win? Asking for a friend.

And FU-CK You, too...

Telling for a friend.

9 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Then there's his replacement, McCourty... 3 INTs so far including a pick 6 plus 19 Tackles, a couple of which were big hits, and 5 Assists. And here's the kicker... he's signed thru 2018 for an average of $3mm/yr.

Who would you say has been the better value to this point?

Say hi to Joe for me...

Glad to see that it worked-out for CLE as well.

If PIT is paying too much for a number 2 CB, well that's par-for-da-course, as they have not done well at that position for a long time.

Joe Haden got his first INT as a Steeler then kept the ball for his trophy case, or so I thought, when he ran off the field, and then he gave it to a fan wearing his number.

WoW, yins knew how cool he was, I'm just learning.  He always had a good vibe about him.  I liked him when he was with CLE as well.

10 hours ago, finger Mellon said:

Joe Haden got his first INT as a Steeler then kept the ball for his trophy case, or so I thought, when he ran off the field, and then he gave it to a fan wearing his number.

The 7M dollar man picked up a ball laying on the WR's back that should have been caught in front of Haden. Than runs it to a fan 5 rows up that was showtime scripted(more likely family) ..Go Bang your head till next win:ph34r:.Hide & Seek is a true Steel-queer celebration on this board

On ‎9‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 12:10 PM, Canton Dawg said:

I consider it a "Participation Trophy"...you know...to make the Stoolers FO feel like that did something right.

They want to get that bad taste of Justin Gilbert out of their mouth.

On ‎9‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 9:31 AM, boo fagley said:

The Steelers gave Haden the game ball.

Commitment to mediocrity.

On ‎9‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 10:33 AM, D Bone said:

Much like a 6th place Little League team getting a trophy. 

LOL...yeah, what a dysfunctional organization them Steelers.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Dick Mellon said:

Haden broke his leg.

Quite a disappointment.

He is such a cool guy and I was so happy for him.

Kinda the story of his last few years in Cleveland.  His skills had diminished and he couldn't stay on the field. 

Joe Haden and Playoffs involving the Steelers in the same sentence makes me sick.

55 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Careful Z. Collins was hurt early in the season and now is gone, so the same could unfortunately be said about him.

Well, he didn't have a bad injury history when we signed him, so we're just unlucky but the Steelers are stupid.

Zombo

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

This says he will miss "multiple weeks". 

What is multiple weeks?  How long does it take to heal from a broken fibula  ("shin bone").

Is he out for the year? Or could he be back for the playoffs?

8 weeks Gipper.. I broke both the tibia and fibula...

1 hour ago, nickers said:

8 weeks Gipper.. I broke both the tibia and fibula...

5-6 weeks with the possibility of less. You aren't a professional athlete. He plans to be back for the playoffs if not sooner. 

50 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

5-6 weeks with the possibility of less. You aren't a professional athlete. He plans to be back for the playoffs if not sooner. 

Bones don't care if your an athlete or not....He's younger so yeah.. we'll see...

2 hours ago, Vagitron said:

Generally- it's 8 weeks for a broken bone. Might be back in time for the playoffs. 

How long will it take to get used to seeing him in black and yellow?

Some doctors said "anywhere from a 4-8 week injury, Haden could return as soon as Week 15 vs. the which is probably doubtful, or he could be out until the playoffs."

It was a strange hit.  The ball was snapped and the receiver instantly bowled him over and wiped him out.

His backup, the no-name CB, Coty Sensabaugh played well in spite of not playing much at all for the past 3 seasons.

usa_today_10342636.0.jpg

29 minutes ago, finger Mellon said:

How long will it take to get used to seeing him in black and yellow?

Some doctors said "anywhere from a 4-8 week injury, Haden could return as soon as Week 15 vs. the which is probably doubtful, or he could be out until the playoffs."

It was a strange hit.  The ball was snapped and the receiver instantly bowled him over and wiped him out.

His backup, the no-name CB, Coty Sensabaugh played well in spite of not playing much at all for the past 3 seasons.

usa_today_10342636.0.jpg

If by this you mean that he looks much uglier wearing that uniform....well, that is a given.  They are such ugly uniforms that they would make anyone look ugly.

Archived