THE BROWNS BOARD

Haden a Steeler

Alkid3

Just now, The Gipper said:

Sounds like a self serving ...and not necessarily true, statement.  If he is so fast and quick....why was that not the case throughout the preseason here?   Because it was not.  He couldn't keep up with Rashard Higgins and Ricardo Louis.....not quite on par with AB.   Was he faking it or dogging it because he didn't want to play for Greg Williams, who had challenged him?

Or, maybe, as many have said...including your ilk:  Haden will perform better in the Steeler's zone rather than in the man to man that Williams runs. Maybe that is what is happening

Not sure.

Trying to look at objectively, but the Steelers typically don't put out "fluff" or false stories just to generate hype.

And I haven't heard anything about zone, I've heard about him going 1vs1 without looking mismatched or outclassed.

Maybe the Stains WRs are just secretly the fastest in the league?

Don't know, but I do know multiple sources from the Pittsburgh sports media have confirmed this.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Gafreleets said:

Not sure.

Trying to look at objectively, but the Steelers typically don't put out "fluff" or false stories just to generate hype.

No...but their fans certainly do....and all we have is your word that he is doing "so great".  

And I haven't heard anything about zone, I've heard about him going 1vs1 without looking mismatched or outclassed.

Then it would be the first time in 3 years that that is the case

Maybe the Stains WRs are just secretly the fastest in the league?

Or, maybe, except for the one guy, the Steelers WRs ain't all that.  I actually subscribe to this theory more. 

Don't know, but I do know multiple sources from the Pittsburgh sports media have confirmed this.

Maybe they are just a wishin' and hopin'....and you know what Dusty Springfield said about that.

I will tell you flat out that it is a FACT that the Browns FUCKED up by letting Haden go. 

He was already under contract and being paid very well for past services rendered. However, he was injured and unable to play the way he was known to play the past year and a half, so big dick Sashi Brown demanded a pay-cut and Haden said, "fuck that noise, I played hurt for this team all year, and even though it effected my stat line, I did it for my team". Then big dick Sashi Brown said, "we didn't draft you, so you either take a pay cut OR you'll be cut within a week if we can't find a team to take your contract off our hands". Haden said, "you do that and I'll be in your nightmares twice a year in a Yellow and Black Freddie Kruger mask..." Sashi said, "Yeah, I doubt that you'll find any team willing to employ an oft injured, over-the-hill veteran with diminished skills... blah, blah, blah" 

So, in other news. We also let go of Calvin Pryor, who IMO was looking pretty good back there at Safety because of a fight. It would have been a knock out secondary with Peppers/Kindred/Pryor back there. Oh well, at least we have Myles... oh wait, nevermind, he's actually injured too. 

Same old shit. FUCK!!!!:angry:

12 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

Vindication

PFF rated Haden all of 51.4 today.  Once again, the FO was right...

You cant base the performance of a player off of one game. I thought he had a solid game honestly. He almost had a int. 

3 minutes ago, bjh2130 said:

Almost had a int? Stop the fucking presses. 

Game one in a new defense. I was happy with haden. He doesnt need to be a world beater, thats what artie burns is for. I have zero expectations for haden but hes a high character, team oriented veteran that says hes 100%. Im glad hes a steeler. 

14 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

Game one in a new defense. I was happy with haden. He doesnt need to be a world beater, thats what artie burns is for. I have zero expectations for haden but hes a high character, team oriented veteran that says hes 100%. Im glad hes a steeler. 

I will give you that he is high character but I have a feeling here in a couple weeks there will be more than a few times where you say wtf was Haden doing there.

He is a good guy but that doesn't win football games. When he came here he bought into the city was always seen out giving back doing the right thing.

47 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

Vindication

PFF rated Haden all of 51.4 today.  Once again, the FO was right...

How about our starting CBs?

CB JOE HADEN, 51.4 OVERALL GRADE

Haden’s first game in a new uniform coincidentally came against his former team. While he broke up a pass early on, the rest of his outing was average at best. He didn’t give up any major plays, but did allow six catches for 80 yards and a 106.3 passer rating into his coverage.

Thanks Canton..shows what I thought.Taylor did have a tough day.----1 block punt TD...1 Taylor pulls a inside hand of Brown that was not catch-able  FG...1 ball before half that could get knocked down tips to Brown TD....1 Ben throw up at end Brown high points between 3 defenders,,ballgame..it truly is a game of who creates your own lucky breaks      

21 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

Objectively false.  Baseline is exactly the same for all players of the same position - that's the utility of PFF scoring..

This is his grade for one game.

He sucked.

No, our offense didnt sustain drives and our defense was on the field a lot. Slow start which is par for the course, especially on the road. Ben isnt exactly mr. Road game. 

IIRC, Haden was 1 foot away from giving up a huge bomb that just barely went out of bounds. Even with that stroke of luck he certainly was not "par for the course". 

The media, fan base and even FO (if you read between the lines) view the Browns receiving corps as one of the weakest in the league, and Slow Haden was still lucky to average bogey.  

32 minutes ago, RoyceRolls said:

IIRC, Haden was 1 foot away from giving up a huge bomb that just barely went out of bounds. Even with that stroke of luck he certainly was not "par for the course". 

The media, fan base and even FO (if you read between the lines) view the Browns receiving corps as one of the weakest in the league, and Slow Haden was still lucky to average bogey.  

Zone, he was responsible for the underneath. Safety over the top was to blame. 

16 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

A little surprised at Zeitler's high marks... impression was he had some issues. We shall see...

15 hours ago, Vagitron said:

No, our offense didnt sustain drives and our defense was on the field a lot. Slow start which is par for the course, especially on the road. Ben isnt exactly mr. Road game. 

.... and our D had something to do with that. But if you want to blame a Steeler, blame Bell and his hold out. He clearly was not in game form.

2 hours ago, boo fagley said:

The Steelers gave Haden the game ball.

Commitment to mediocrity.

I consider it a "Participation Trophy"...you know...to make the Stoolers FO feel like that did something right.

They want to get that bad taste of Justin Gilbert out of their mouth.

16 hours ago, Vagitron said:

The PFF grade describes only Joe Haden's individual performance.

Not the team offense.

Not the team defense.

Not the slow or fast offensive scoring rhythm.

Not the home or road stadium location.

Not the opposing team QB's performance.

This is his grade for one game.  And he sucked.

18 hours ago, Vagitron said:

OK....at least this is a bit of a somewhat honest post:

1. We are fine that you are happy with a player that wasn't good enough for the Browns....and that you are glad that he is a Steeler (we are too...with our below average WR corps we want them to play against below average DBs)

2. You are right to have -0- expectations from him.....and my prediction is that he will fulfill those expectations

3. Joe IS a high character, team oriented veteran....and you should take him at his word that he will give you 100% of whatever he has...which at this point, unfortunately does not appear to be much

4. Its a good thing that Joe does not have to be a world beater (because he is not that any longer).....and its good that you think that that is what artie burns is for  ....as yes, artie burns will get beat by the world.

• 1 month later...

UPDATE: Seven weeks later PIT is #1 against the pass.

It's not because of Joe Haden alone.  He has played well but there has been an improved pass-rush and the rookie corner, Burns has matured a bit.

Joe Haden replaced Ross Sockrell on the roster, who has since started one game with NYG and is not playing as well as Joe Haden.  Haden covered the Chiefs Tyree Hill quite well in week 6, limiting Hill to two receptions for 15 yards against Haden in coverage. Haden also had an INT while covering AJ Green in week 7 against CIN

PIT had a hole to fill and Joe Haden filled-in nicely. PIT has improved at the position. The GM was thrilled to get him, saying that guys like Haden are usually not available - in that quality veterans are either over-priced or over-the hill.

He was not worth was CLE was paying him. He's considered to be a good guy in the locker room, the press likes him and he has become a fan favorite.

Thus far, things have worked out quite well.

Awesome... thanks for sharing.

Saw Joe got his first pick yesterday... on a tipped ball he gathered in five or so behind the WR in his zone, AJ Green. There was a day when he manned up and shut down AJ... back when he was a #1 CB, not the #2 you are paying him to be??? $9mm per year thru 2019... kinda steep for a #2... basically about 30% over the money we offered him. And he's amassed 12 tackles and 2 assists.

Then there's his replacement, McCourty... 3 INTs so far including a pick 6 plus 19 Tackles, a couple of which were big hits, and 5 Assists. And here's the kicker... he's signed thru 2018 for an average of $3mm/yr.

Who would you say has been the better value to this point?

Say hi to Joe for me...

Archived