Jump to content
Alkid3

Haden a Steeler

Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

You own the division by gloating about picking up a player that a bad team chose to cut?

 

That "bad team" (and I'm glad you freely admit it) didn't cut him because he can't play anymore, just that he can't play worth his elite contract was paying.

 

That's fine by me, we didn't need a elite, top 3, corner....we needed a upgrade over what we had on the roster and that's what we got.

 

Trust me, if Haden was willing to take a pay cut in Cleveland he'd still be your starter....

 

Win win STEELERS!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, PoeticG said:

Players get hurt! That is the game of FOOTBALL! I'm sorry if these anal antic faggots don't understand the game, since they've never played it in their life. Players are gonna get hurt and it's gonna take some time to get back into playing the way they did before the injury. I guess we're unwilling to wait then?

 

Well, if that is the approach then check this. Sashi, you fucking bitch, you have one year to produce. You shit the bed last year. You shit the bed again and you're fucking GONE too period.

If you are unwilling to hold you're goddamn dick in your pants, then so are we. Produce NOW or get the fuck on.

You don't fuck with loyalty in Brownstown. You make me fucking sick.

 

its a tough one....i think joe should have retired....he has had a few concusses and had a real bad one last yr...this isn't a fucking torn acl...he could be a veggie in a few yrs....i would not doubt if he does not make it thru this whole season anyway. If he was still with the clowns everyone would be saying, that we should have got rid of him from the get go with his injuries...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

I've never been on the Joe Hayden hate wagon. I realize he's lost a step and isn't worth the money anymore. It's too bad because that type of situation always bothers me especially when the guy seems to have had a good attitude. On the other hand if the Cleveland Browns decided they'd be just as happy to pay his salary and be rid of him then I can't blame him for going anywhere else. I don't wish him luck in Pittsburgh and I hope that he plays at least as poorly or worse than he's played for us. But I understand any player not wanting to admit that he's washed up. Every human being can possibly have an inflated idea of how much gas they have left in the tank. It's not personal, he wasn't born and raised in Cleveland. We hate the Steelers. Fuck them and in their wake I guess fuck him too, but it's not personal.

WSS

if he was not a fucking injury liability, the pats would have made him a better offer. I'm sure he would have gone to new england before pittsburgh. HE IS A FUCKING INJURY LIABILITY, GET THAT THRU YOUR FUCKING HEADS BOARD MEMBERS. HE AIN'T GONNA BE AROUND MUCH LONGER. HE MAY NOT EVEN MAKE IT THRU THIS SEASON WITH HIS CONCUSS ISSUES...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Gafreleets said:

 

That "bad team" (and I'm glad you freely admit it) didn't cut him because he can't play anymore, just that he can't play worth his elite contract was paying.

There is a difference of opinion on that. Apparently Gregg Williams may have felt that he can't play any more, and was willing to part with him.

 

That's fine by me, we didn't need a elite, top 3, corner....we needed a upgrade over what we had on the roster and that's what we got.

Again, that is an admission of having absolutely piss poor defensive backfield. Joe has really played poorly lately....and yet he is an upgrade?

 

Trust me, if Haden was willing to take a pay cut in Cleveland he'd still be your starter....

I don't know. See above. Williams may not have started him by any means, at all. And he did just take a massive pay cut.  He apparently is making the same with you as he would have if he accepted the pay cut here...if the Browns would have even kept him if he accepted a pay cut. I AM of the opinion that, since the Browns were in such good shape capwise, that there was no need to ask him to take a pay cut. That is why I put less credence in the "he would be here if he would have taken a pay cut" theory.  I think this was primarily a performance cut, not a money cut.

 

Win win STEELERS!

Well, certainly if you think he is better than what you have on your roster now, then it is somewhat of a win for the Steelers.  But....if he plays as he has....it is still also a Win for the WRs of the Steelers opponents.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BrownsFan4Evr said:

Thank you, Pittsburgh, for taking Haden off the Browns' hands. I think he'll be a complete bust for the Steelers, truthfully. He's been terrible for the Browns the last couple years. Between concussions and surgeries, he's not been on the field much, and when he has been, he's been burned for big plays more often than not.

Some of the Joe fans aren't willing to admit (or have forgotten) Haden never had elite speed as cornerbacks go. He relied on technique. Injuries have sapped that marginal speed to the point the coaching staff viewed him as a liability. Plus, he's one concussion away from sitting out 1\2 the season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, I freely admit our defensive backs aren't very good.

 

Anyone with eyeballs and any football IQ is able to easily identify that....in todays NFL you're never going to be strong everywhere and Pittsburgh has taken the road of "we're going to hang 30+ points on everyone.....we don't need great CBs, just ones that aren't awful.

 

And as I said, he'd still be in Cleveland if he would have taken a pay cut and would have been the starter. Every report out there was that the Clowns offered him around 7 million (that's not sh*tty CB money, that's solid but no longer elite money).

 

I mean if you're telling me that the Clowns are offering 7mill per year contract to a player that they don't even think can play anymore then I think I've already identified the organization's problems....

 

No Haden isn't what he was but he isn't garbage either and makes a position of obvious weakness on our team stronger.

 

The only other thing I hope is that he hangs a pick 6 on whatever jaggoff yinz have playing QB 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Gafreleets said:

but he isn't garbage either

This depends on your definition of "garbage."

Over the last 2 years, Haden has been the 12th worst CB in the league [using the metric of yards per coverage snap] and continued that trend by being the worst of all Browns CB this preseason by that same metric. Haden gave up the most TD's of all CB's in the league last season [6]..

So.. If Haden's not garbage to the Steelers, then the Steelers DB's must really be stupendously awful, and you could get a better upgrade off the cut list. What's the DB equivalent of a lookout block?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, boo fagley said:

Sez here that Haden was due 11.1 million in salary for 2017. https://www.brownszone.com/2017/08/29/joe-haden-practices-as-browns-reportedly-try-to-trade-him/

Im fairy sure that the Browns dont pay that now.

I'd assumed extensions/vet contracts included offset principles similar to rookie contracts.

17 hours ago, Gruntlocal said:

The Browns are paying 4 million of his salary for this year. The Browns asked him to reduce his salary from 11 mill to 7 this year and he refused so they cut him. He agreed to play for the Steelers for 7 million this year. The Steelers are only paying him 3 million this season.        It's a good move by both teams. Browns cut some money and and got younger like their plan. If the Steelers improve their secondary they are Superbowl contenders. If Haden struggles they can cut him and only pay the dead money. Good move for all 3 parties. 

So... it is the same offset principle?

15 hours ago, macula31 said:

FWIW, Browns now owe Haden nothing.  He's a hit on their cap, but the 4 mil the Browns owed Haden is offset by the Pittsburgh deal, not the other way around.

.. and then total confusion set in...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Gafreleets said:

Oh, I freely admit our defensive backs aren't very good.

 

Anyone with eyeballs and any football IQ is able to easily identify that....in todays NFL you're never going to be strong everywhere and Pittsburgh has taken the road of "we're going to hang 30+ points on everyone.....we don't need great CBs, just ones that aren't awful.

 

And as I said, he'd still be in Cleveland if he would have taken a pay cut and would have been the starter. Every report out there was that the Clowns offered him around 7 million (that's not sh*tty CB money, that's solid but no longer elite money).

 

I mean if you're telling me that the Clowns are offering 7mill per year contract to a player that they don't even think can play anymore then I think I've already identified the organization's problems....

 

No Haden isn't what he was but he isn't garbage either and makes a position of obvious weakness on our team stronger.

 

The only other thing I hope is that he hangs a pick 6 on whatever jaggoff yinz have playing QB 

Well, figure this:   EVERYONE on here admits that the Browns do NOT have a very elite WR corps....and Joe was getting burned badly in practice by this below mediocre group.  So, OK, you got something better than you had.  That don't mean you got something good. 

One good thing for you though:  Joe will not be getting burned by A. Brown the way he has been the last couple of years.  Or, perhaps that is bad news....you and AB won't have Joe Haden to burn when you face the Browns.  Maybe we will have someone on him that can do a bit better than Joe has.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

This depends on your definition of "garbage."

Over the last 2 years, Haden has been the 12th worst CB in the league [using the metric of yards per coverage snap] and continued that trend by being the worst of all Browns CB this preseason by that same metric. Haden gave up the most TD's of all CB's in the league last season [6]..

So.. If Haden's not garbage to the Steelers, then the Steelers DB's must really be stupendously awful, and you could get a better upgrade off the cut list. What's the DB equivalent of a lookout block?

Just a note:  Steelers got Joe off the cut list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Well, figure this:   EVERYONE on here admits that the Browns do NOT have a very elite WR corps....and Joe was getting burned badly in practice by this below mediocre group.  So, OK, you got something better than you had.  That don't mean you got something good. 

One good thing for you though:  Joe will not be getting burned by A. Brown the way he has been the last couple of years.  Or, perhaps that is bad news....you and AB won't have Joe Haden to burn when you face the Browns.  Maybe we will have someone on him that can do a bit better than Joe has.

 

Again though, if soooo bad that he was a liability and this is actually addition by subtraction for the Clowns.....

 

Then why were they offering him 7mill to stay?

 

I understand what we're getting. He won't even be the best on our team, but he's a starting caliber CB in the NFL and the browns, the Steelers, the cowgirls, and at least 3 other teams tried to retain/obtain his services.

 

Maybe he's not the dumpster fire people here are trying to make him out to be? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I get the hurt some feel. There haven't been grounds for many long term love affairs in recent Browns' history... Joe was one exception.

But the reality is that he is not the same player that warranted the contract extension under which he was playing. Louis Riddick and Rodney Harrison showed that in their breakdown of Haden's tape on NFL Live yesterday.vault

 

Joe may well help the Steeler secondary, but that's more  a commentary on the state of their secondary. To think this signing vaults them to a SB win is ludicrous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Gafreleets said:

 

Again though, if soooo bad that he was a liability and this is actually addition by subtraction for the Clowns.....

 

Then why were they offering him 7mill to stay?

Because he still was probably one of the 2 most popular players on the team with fans. Because  of his past service. Because they still may have thought they could use him as their 4th or 5th corner.

 

I understand what we're getting. He won't even be the best on our team, but he's a starting caliber CB in the NFL and the browns, the Steelers, the cowgirls, and at least 3 other teams tried to retain/obtain his services.

He still has a reputation and a history. That is what they would have been buying. That is what the Steelers bought.

 

Maybe he's not the dumpster fire people here are trying to make him out to be? 

If he avoids injury, and if, as one of your fellow yinzers said, they only have him playing in zone coverage, not mano a mano....you could be right.

Trust me, I was not happy to see him go...because I like him, and because he has been good, and because we still all held out hope for him. But the writing seemed on the wall....and the Browns FO is not as sentimental as most fans are.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Gafreleets said:

 

That "bad team" (and I'm glad you freely admit it) didn't cut him because he can't play anymore, just that he can't play worth his elite contract was paying.

 

That's fine by me, we didn't need a elite, top 3, corner....we needed a upgrade over what we had on the roster and that's what we got.

 

Trust me, if Haden was willing to take a pay cut in Cleveland he'd still be your starter....

 

Win win STEELERS!

Joe wasn't starting before he left. Pretty soon you guys will see why. He is a great teammate but he is done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

Also, why the fuck is a Steelers fan here? You should be out making sure the women of Pittsburgh don't get raped by the city hero.

No shit logic. Hey Zombo isn't it about time for a name change here?

 

WSS

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

Also, why the fuck is a Steelers fan here? You should be out making sure the women of Pittsburgh don't get raped by the city hero.

 

 

Fake news.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Soon as they juice ol' Joe up.. He'll be back in form (Sarcasm Alert)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, nickers said:

Soon as they juice ol' Joe up.. He'll be back in form (Sarcasm Alert)

Well, the HGH helped revive Harrison when he went back there.  Maybe it is what they will want Joe to do to regain his form. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We always like to say "screw em", and I suppose I get it. I don't really have a strong feeling about this guy one way or another.

However, if he winds up kicking ass for the Steelers, I don't know what that says about the Browns organization, but it's not good. If the guy kicks ass, you have to know tht Haslam is going to be grinding his teeth.

I really don't want to piss on the Browns parade, but this team looks no different to me than last year. Ah, maybe they are more aggressive? Sure, but what does that net? Years back when Flugel was pimping Crennel and Sewage, someone chimed in that you could see a difference this year because while the D was still missing tackles, at least they were in position to make the tackles. I thought to myself, WTF? We Browns fans like to give style points, don't we?

So too is my concern with Garrett. "He is getting close to the QB" one fan said. Honestly, #1  #1, not to make plays, but to get in position, to be in the proper zip code?

I think of cats that play for the great defenses, Ray Lews, P'olamalu, James Harrison, LT, etc...........Sorry man, but Garrett just doesn't look like a paid killer. So far, the OL have put up a bit of resistance and let him burn his energy, "getting close"

If I am a betting man, I will bet Haden makes a couple plays against his old team, maybe a pick six. This is the kind of shit that Haslam loses sleep over, and I imagine Hue and company, too.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

We always like to say "screw em", and I suppose I get it. I don't really have a strong feeling about this guy one way or another.

However, if he winds up kicking ass for the Steelers, I don't know what that says about the Browns organization, but it's not good. If the guy kicks ass, you have to know tht Haslam is going to be grinding his teeth.

And...what if it is proven right...that he can barely hack it anymore?

I really don't want to piss on the Browns parade, but this team looks no different to me than last year. Ah, maybe they are more aggressive? Sure, but what does that net? Years back when Flugel was pimping Crennel and Sewage, someone chimed in that you could see a difference this year because while the D was still missing tackles, at least they were in position to make the tackles. I thought to myself, WTF? We Browns fans like to give style points, don't we?

So too is my concern with Garrett. "He is getting close to the QB" one fan said. Honestly, #1  #1, not to make plays, but to get in position, to be in the proper zip code?

I think of cats that play for the great defenses, Ray Lews, P'olamalu, James Harrison, LT, etc...........Sorry man, but Garrett just doesn't look like a paid killer. So far, the OL have put up a bit of resistance and let him burn his energy, "getting close"

If I am a betting man, I will bet Haden makes a couple plays against his old team, maybe a pick six. This is the kind of shit that Haslam loses sleep over, and I imagine Hue and company, too.

I don't think you have any particular insight into who can and who cannot become an outstanding player in this league.  I am going to say something that is devastating to your reputation:   Your talent evaluation capabilities are given one step above as much credence around here as Poetic G's is given.

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

just like all the commies and powderpuffs on here that hide behind a flag and someone else holding it.

Xs and Os are great....now pick up your balls and put on some man pants Sashi and Hue.

 

that's all right they'll all be gone next year............just like texas and california.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×