Alkid3

Haden a Steeler

Doesn't matter. He wasn't the worst CB on your roster and he's a upgrade for us.

Subtraction from your overall team talent and addition to our overall team talent.

That's how you own a division.

Haden gonna win more games this year than he has in the last 3 with the Clown's.

Just now, Gafreleets said:

Doesn't matter. He wasn't the worst CB on your roster and he's a upgrade for us.

Subtraction from your overall team talent and addition to our overall team talent.

That's how you own a division.

Haden gonna win more games this year than he has in the last 3 with the Clown's.

You own the division by gloating about picking up a player that a bad team chose to cut?

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Gruntlocal said:

They'll still be winning though. Let's get there and then talk smack. 

Like last season.

Beating the Chiefs who were frauds.

Yeah, That's kinda what he just did. 

29 minutes ago, Gruntlocal said:

The Browns are paying 4 million of his salary for this year. The Browns asked him to reduce his salary from 11 mill to 7 this year and he refused so they cut him. He agreed to play for the Steelers for 7 million this year. The Steelers are only paying him 3 million this season.        It's a good move by both teams. Browns cut some money and and got younger like their plan. If the Steelers improve their secondary they are Superbowl contenders. If Haden struggles they can cut him and only pay the dead money. Good move for all 3 parties. 

Pass defense is not the Steelers biggest problem. They were ranked 12th last year and 13th in 2015. Thats good enough to win a Super Bowl.

Tomlin cant coach. 

I've been HARD on the FO and especially Sashi- BECAUSE HE SHOULD KNOW BETTER- and we deserve better. But this isn't all on Sashi. Two wrongs don't make it right. A lot more of the HURT comes from Joe Haden. I guess we know what LOYALTY costs eh Joe? About 27 million dollars. How could you Joe? - we loved you boy. :blush:

Football don't mean shit.

1 hour ago, Gruntlocal said:

The Browns are paying 4 million of his salary for this year. The Browns asked him to reduce his salary from 11 mill to 7 this year and he refused so they cut him. He agreed to play for the Steelers for 7 million this year. The Steelers are only paying him 3 million this season.        It's a good move by both teams. Browns cut some money and and got younger like their plan. If the Steelers improve their secondary they are Superbowl contenders. If Haden struggles they can cut him and only pay the dead money. Good move for all 3 parties. 

Tomlin does not know what the hell he is doing. Brady picks zone apart like a Steeler fan at an all you can eat buffet.

Man 2 man gives him problems because he likes to get rid of the ball quick. Furthermore, Gronk is a zone destroyer right down the seam. Speed leaves Haden in the dust.

41 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

Poe, As the highest bidder, Joe just took 4M less just to play. His ankle surgery in Charlotte,NC included a lift in his ankle that may have lead to both of his groin surgeries https://www.arcamax.com/sports/football/s-1992713?fs   the sun will rise tomarrow 

• Like 1

This money-ball move is hard to comprehend. It's not like money is the issue because we have a lot of cap-space. Maybe Haden isn't worth $11M but he was a veteran leader, arguably our top corner, and all teams have contracts that they wished they didn't sign. We're willing to pay $13M for a future second round draft pick but not $11M for a veteran leader and contributor on a team lacking in secondary talent. That argument is spurious.

Tale-of-the-Tape: Browns save $7M (I heard we owe him $4 anyway). Browns lose a starting corner reducing the talent there to only 3 people. Steelers gain a corner to add to their depth at the position and make their team better. 

Hmmmm. I say this decision sucks lemons and backfired. They say he was having a great camp. I don't know about that ... maybe the Browns thought the exact opposite. That must be considered in this decision. 

But Shasi, for the love of God, when are you going to field a winning team like your job is on the line? Because no GM that is feeling that pressure makes this move over $7M. All teams get draft choices, and gain/lose free agents. But few of them (other than those with cap issues) make a move to reduce talent to save more money.

Where am I wrong? 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PoeticG said:

How did you survive your suicide attempt when Bill cut Bernie?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PoeticG said:

Sad, sad, sad fucking day in Cleveland. 

Good job, Sashi. You went from Hero to "You dumb son of a bitch" real, real fast - you dumb cunt.

Don't take it personal PG. Want to know who to blame? Drew Rosenhaus. You know- the same guy who whispered in Tyrell Pryor's ear he could get him a $10 million a year contract. Sashi offered him market value, as Joe and Rosenhaus found out. So if you want to drop F Bombs- aim them at Drew, doubly. He'd still be here if he had been willing to take the salary reduction. 

2 hours ago, PoeticG said:

Players get hurt! That is the game of FOOTBALL! I'm sorry if these anal antic faggots don't understand the game, since they've never played it in their life. Players are gonna get hurt and it's gonna take some time to get back into playing the way they did before the injury. I guess we're unwilling to wait then? 

Well, if that is the approach then check this. Sashi, you fucking bitch, you have one year to produce. You shit the bed last year. You shit the bed again and you're fucking GONE too period.

If you are unwilling to hold you're goddamn dick in your pants, then so are we. Produce NOW or get the fuck on. 

You don't fuck with loyalty in Brownstown. You make me fucking sick.

And the older you get- the longer it takes you to recover, and from some injuries you never do. So listen up. Joe never had track speed, IIRC he ran a crap time at the combine, and I doubt he ever broke 4.4 in his life. Had those groin pulls- one of which required surgery, and that makes you prone to more. Had a concussion too. 

Loyalty? Tell that one to Bill Bellichick. Yeah- I question our depth at corner, someone gets hurt there welcome to Toast City. For good or bad- the Browns have a plan, and they're sticking to it.  :unsure:

• Thanks 1

FWIW, Browns now owe Haden nothing.  He's a hit on their cap, but the 4 mil the Browns owed Haden is offset by the Pittsburgh deal, not the other way around.

The Browns depth chart still shows Joe Haden as the #1 CB for tomorrows game vs. Chicago... and still pushing his #23 Jerseys on their website. 

Pretty stupid time to start being nit-picky asking you're best CB to take a pay cut then outright cutting him and handing him to a team rival a week before the season starts.

This will be the fuck up that started the fall of "Big Dick" Sashi Brown. 

1 hour ago, Frenchie said:

This money-ball move is hard to comprehend. It's not like money is the issue because we have a lot of cap-space. Maybe Haden isn't worth $11M but he was a veteran leader, arguably our top corner, and all teams have contracts that they wished they didn't sign. We're willing to pay $13M for a future second round draft pick but not $11M for a veteran leader and contributor on a team lacking in secondary talent. That argument is spurious.

Tale-of-the-Tape: Browns save $7M (I heard we owe him $4 anyway). Browns lose a starting corner reducing the talent there to only 3 people. Steelers gain a corner to add to their depth at the position and make their team better. 

Hmmmm. I say this decision sucks lemons and backfired. They say he was having a great camp. I don't know about that ... maybe the Browns thought the exact opposite. That must be considered in this decision. 

But Shasi, for the love of God, when are you going to field a winning team like your job is on the line? Because no GM that is feeling that pressure makes this move over $7M. All teams get draft choices, and gain/lose free agents. But few of them (other than those with cap issues) make a move to reduce talent to save more money.

Where am I wrong? 

I hear that Greg Williams wanted no part of Haden.

I read that over on the NE board from a guy living in Cleveland. Another poster said that he been following Hadens career since college and that his play is a shell of former self.

Do you guys know anyone named ManKok

I am in Cleveland and have watched Haden for years. He was never very fast (remember his slow combine 40) and he definitely has lost a step. He has looked like a JAG in the preseason (never mind his #88 rank last year by PFF) and Gregg Williams wanted no part of him on defense. He is the first corner I have even seen who could manage to trail the receiver by 10 yards before he got 5 of the line of scrimmage. Pittsburgh picking him up does them zero good.

39 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

The Browns depth chart still shows Joe Haden as the #1 CB for tomorrows game vs. Chicago... and still pushing his #23 Jerseys on their website. 

Pretty stupid time to start being nit-picky asking you're best CB to take a pay cut then outright cutting him and handing him to a team rival a week before the season starts.

Pretty shitty that your oft injured , eroded talent , lack of dedication BFF wouldn't take a pay cut here but gladly took less from Pittsburg for the year. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Why should he have to take a pay cut that HE EARNED!? 

When this season is over then you could ask him to restructure! Players that overproduce are expected to play for their cheap contracts and earn a bigger one. Why should they willingly have to take a pay cut if they earned it? You can't have it both ways. That's opening up a can of worms.

Big Dick Sashi Brown is a fucking idiot for wanting his cake and eat it too. 

He's been getting a little too cute for his own good and just inserted his own "big dick" in his own mouth. Dumbass Big Dick Sashi Brown, too smart for his own good. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, PoeticG said:

Hey, just wait PG- I'm sure you'll be able to get a Joe jersey 90% off in a week or so....   

Get it through your head- it was a mutual agreement. Sashi knows what the market is- and proved it with Pryor. You don't win Super Bowls by being sentimental. Was Joe a fan favorite? Sure. Personally liked him a lot.  If as Boo has said- Williams wanted no part of Haden- and Greg's shit contains more football knowledge than the majority of us possess, should tell you all you need to know.  

The sun is going to come up in the morning Po- it's not the end of the world, or the Browns. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1