THE BROWNS BOARD

Haden a Steeler

Alkid3

On ‎11‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 10:09 AM, The Gipper said:

Just because our current uniforms suck doesn't make your uniforms any less sucky.  (Browns classic uniforms are great)

Besides, the actual Browns uniform color is supposed to be Seal Brown......fashioned after WWII Bomber Jackets.

I

60f5548ce10898a9c7cdeda6f23cb14d--jim-br

You mean they weren't  fashioned after Tootsie Roll wrappers?

tootsie-roll-pillow_jpg_1.png

The Steelers are badass. You only hate them because they always win and are a class organization.

Shoulda stuck with the Tootsie Rolls. Tradition is best left untouched. The Pack aint changing theirs nor are the Raiders, nor are the Steelers.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/sports-all-time-ugliest-uniforms-gallery-1.53542?pmSlide=1.2360596

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Try talking to someone that cares.  You won't find him here.

And yes, Pitt was lucky to win another game.

yes, they are good...but also very lucky.

And its the good teams that almost always seem to have luck on their side.

Cant explain it but it's true.

17 hours ago, Vagitron said:

We might lose three in a row? Lol. Flacco sucks, Bengals aren't exactly beating down the league. The NE game is the question mark. If they lose three in a row they will be imploding.

Yes, Pitt wins this division by default....for some of the reasons you mention.

Beyond that, what is the "we"?   Do you have a mouse in your pocket? 

16 hours ago, StinkHole said:

You mean they weren't  fashioned after Tootsie Roll wrappers?

tootsie-roll-pillow_jpg_1.png

The Steelers are badass. You only hate them because they always win and are a class organization.

And because overall they have such stupid, ignorant fans. 

Shoulda stuck with the Tootsie Rolls. Tradition is best left untouched. The Pack aint changing theirs nor are the Raiders, nor are the Steelers.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/sports-all-time-ugliest-uniforms-gallery-1.53542?pmSlide=1.2360596

I agree here.  Tradition should have been left untouched. And while the color scheme was, yes, similar to that Tootsie Roll....in the right combination it was great.

15 hours ago, StinkHole said:

And its the good teams that almost always seem to have luck on their side.

Cant explain it but it's true.

They do....and it is not always just because they are "good".....they are often lucky.

Consider how lucky the Pats were in that Super Bowl.   They were lucky because Atlanta had to make all the wrong dumb moves to lose that game. (but yes...they were good because they took advantage of all those mistakes)

Haden off Crutches

Haden  just got off crutches a few days ago and is now riding the stationary bike and walking on the water treadmill. And he is doing it with the hope to return to the field either before the end of the regular season, or in the postseason.

"That is something I never had to worry about. I'm really excited," said Haden. "Coach (Mike) Tomlin said he's keeping the light on for me. It's a bone. Your body has to heal. I'm just doing as much as I possibly can, but at the same time, knowing I don't want to rush it because your bone has to heal."

On 11/29/2017 at 1:26 AM, The Gipper said:

Yes, Pitt wins this division by default....for some of the reasons you mention.

Beyond that, what is the "we"?   Do you have a mouse in your pocket? 

The "we" means that we own the Steelers.

Dan Rooney said so.  Rooney said, " I don't own the team.  The team belongs to the people of Pittsburgh.  I am only the caretaker"

. . .  and hey, I'm a Browns fan too.  I'm just waiting for them to do something that I can enjoy.  I'm still watching that San Diego game again and again. . . .

10 hours ago, finger Mellon said:

The "we" means that we own the Steelers.

Dan Rooney said so.  Rooney said, " I don't own the team.  The team belongs to the people of Pittsburgh.  I am only the caretaker"

. . .  and hey, I'm a Browns fan too.  I'm just waiting for them to do something that I can enjoy.  I'm still watching that San Diego game again and again. . . .

Do you get a dividend check?  Until you get a dividend check...you can go piss up a rope with that "the team belongs to Pittsburgh".  We know from Art Modell that this is just wealthy owner horseshite. 

Go the next 15 years with record like what the Browns have had the past 15...and they will start talking about moving that team....and they won't consult you or any other fan of the team.

Well yins don't need to listen to me (this week) about Joe Haden's backup, Coty Sensabaugh being targeted.

It was right in front of everybody on Monday Night Football, PIT at CIN

CIN only scored 2 TD's and both of them were courtesy of horrendous coverage by Coty Sensabaugh.

"...you can go piss up a rope with that "the team belongs to Pittsburgh".  We know from Art Modell that this is just wealthy owner horseshite...."

It's like this . . .. yins can't compare Modell to Rooney.  Modell was a New York businessman.  Dan Rooney had never lived outside of Pittsburgh until Obama appointed him to the Ireland post at the age of 77. 

Now the Browns are owned by a Steelers fan from Tennessee right? 

When the Browns were great and the Steelers were shitty there was never any consideration to move them outta Pittsburgh.

The realities of the ownerships are substantially different.

Yeh, the baseball team and the hockey team may have almost left but not the football team.

I'm sorry for what happened to yins but that aint my reality.

richard

so do buzzards, crows, sparrows, deer, giraffes, cows and monkeys (tsizzle).

what's ur point?

if God had anything to do with anything the steelers and shittesburgh would have been picked up by tornado years ago and thrown to appalachia..........oh, wait......

47 minutes ago, miktoxic said:

richard

so do buzzards, crows, sparrows, deer, giraffes, cows and monkeys (tsizzle).

what's ur point?

if God had anything to do with anything the steelers and shittesburgh would have been picked up by tornado years ago and thrown to appalachia..........oh, wait......

You mean the shythole that even W Va refused to take and where everyone makes it well known that anal sex results in pregnancy.?

9 hours ago, finger Mellon said:

Well yins don't need to listen to me (this week) about Joe Haden's backup, Coty Sensabaugh being targeted.

It was right in front of everybody on Monday Night Football, PIT at CIN

CIN only scored 2 TD's and both of them were courtesy of horrendous coverage by Coty Sensabaugh.

"...you can go piss up a rope with that "the team belongs to Pittsburgh".  We know from Art Modell that this is just wealthy owner horseshite...."

It's like this . . .. yins can't compare Modell to Rooney.  Modell was a New York businessman.  Dan Rooney had never lived outside of Pittsburgh until Obama appointed him to the Ireland post at the age of 77. 

I get it.  But...in the future?  You never know.  But no...not as long as the team is in the Rooney's hands, they would never leave.

Now the Browns are owned by a Steelers fan from Tennessee right? 

Uhm, no.  They are owned by a guy from Tennessee.   He just once owned a piece of the Steelers. He was likely no more of a Steeler fan than he was a Browns fan before he bought in to each. Not sure about the timing of when he bought into the Steelers, but actually...he was likely a Titans fan after they moved to Tenn...and before he bought into the Squibs.  But he is first and foremost a fan of his pocketbook.

When the Browns were great and the Steelers were shitty there was never any consideration to move them outta Pittsburgh.

Except that they actually DID move....when they merged with the Eagles.  I believe they played their games in Philly for that one year.   And they also merged with the Cardinals.  I would have to check there as well to see where they played.  In fact, at one point Art Rooney divested himself of his interest in the Steelers and became the owner of the Eagles.  But, either during or just after the war,  he did feel his heart was in Pittsburgh and he acted to "trade" his Eagles franchise with Bert Bell...who had the Steelers.  Thus, Rooney got the Steelers back, and Bell got the Eagles.

The realities of the ownerships are substantially different.

Currently, yes.  I mean, we could say that we wish that Mickey McBride never sold the team.

Yeh, the baseball team and the hockey team may have almost left but not the football team.

I'm sorry for what happened to yins but that aint my reality.

Not sure you have a reality.  It is all fantasy and delusion for you. But that's OK of you are having fun

Here are the facts on the Steagles and Card-Pitt:

1943   Eagles and Steelers combined and played the following home games:

10/2/43 at Shibe Park Philly vs. Brooklyn Dodgers

10/9/43 at Shibe Park Philly vs. Giants

10/31/43 at Forbes Field  vs. Cardinals

11/7/43 at Shibe Park vs Redskins

11/21/43 at Forbes Field vs. Lions

12/5/43 at Shibe Park vs. Packers

Four games played in Philly, two game in Pittsburgh.

In 1944 the Cardinals and Steelers combined.  They only played 5 home games:    3 were at Forbes Field in Pitt, and 3 at Comiskey Park in Chicago.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived