THE BROWNS BOARD

Haden a Steeler

Alkid3

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Fucked them again.

FIFY;)       Do we have a link on this? Haden & Rosiepalm were to meet up in Charlotte,nc to meet with stellers reps today?  

This is awesome. Take his best years and then let the Steelers overpay for his decline. We are finally doing things right. I have been nothing but impressed in the year and half that these guys have been running the front office, we're all going to see the fruits of all this on the field faster than you think.

Zombo

48 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

I still wish Joe luck... 14 games a year...

This. But it will always be fuck the Steelers with or without Haden. I have to retire my Haden jersey for who... Body-Calhoun? Peppers?

1 minute ago, boo fagley said:

Was Haden due a bonus?

If so, the Browns could get a 5th round compensatory pick if things play out right.

https://overthecap.com/the-basics-and-methodology-of-projecting-the-nfls-compensatory-draft-picks/

Interesting... he had guaranteed money this and next season, but no bonus bucks IIRC.

2 minutes ago, boo fagley said:

The Browns voided his contract, no?

Sounds to me like they did.

Voided? I guess so.... but that doesn't void the dead money, cap guarantees.

Sad, sad, sad fucking day in Cleveland. 

Good job, Sashi. You went from Hero to "You dumb son of a bitch" real, real fast - you dumb cunt.

9 minutes ago, Winslow's Urologist said:

Ha ha ha!

He'll enjoy wearing a winning team's uniform for a change.

Dude,wear your keystone cops unie, you'll need it..World record sprinter Kenny Britt made Haden Camp Toast in camp..enjoy  

36 minutes ago, Alkid3 said:

This. But it will always be fuck the Steelers with or without Haden. I have to retire my Haden jersey for who... Body-Calhoun? Peppers?

I think Peppers is going to be a stud and maybe have the best career of all the picks...... uh oh, Ag isn't going to like that! 

Players get hurt! That is the game of FOOTBALL! I'm sorry if these anal antic faggots don't understand the game, since they've never played it in their life. Players are gonna get hurt and it's gonna take some time to get back into playing the way they did before the injury. I guess we're unwilling to wait then? 

Well, if that is the approach then check this. Sashi, you fucking bitch, you have one year to produce. You shit the bed last year. You shit the bed again and you're fucking GONE too period.

If you are unwilling to hold you're goddamn dick in your pants, then so are we. Produce NOW or get the fuck on. 

You don't fuck with loyalty in Brownstown. You make me fucking sick.

You have to wonder how much gas he has left in his tank. He's had a lot of leg/groin injuries lately, and it appears the "suddeness" you need to be an above average starting caliber corner might be waning now for Haden. While I wish he went somewhere else, I can't hate Joe Haden.

42 minutes ago, boo fagley said:

Sez here that Haden was due 11.1 million in salary for 2017. https://www.brownszone.com/2017/08/29/joe-haden-practices-as-browns-reportedly-try-to-trade-him/

Im fairy sure that the Browns dont pay that now.

The Browns are paying 4 million of his salary for this year. The Browns asked him to reduce his salary from 11 mill to 7 this year and he refused so they cut him. He agreed to play for the Steelers for 7 million this year. The Steelers are only paying him 3 million this season.        It's a good move by both teams. Browns cut some money and and got younger like their plan. If the Steelers improve their secondary they are Superbowl contenders. If Haden struggles they can cut him and only pay the dead money. Good move for all 3 parties. 

Doesn't matter. He wasn't the worst CB on your roster and he's a upgrade for us.

Subtraction from your overall team talent and addition to our overall team talent.

That's how you own a division.

Haden gonna win more games this year than he has in the last 3 with the Clown's.

Just now, Gafreleets said:

Doesn't matter. He wasn't the worst CB on your roster and he's a upgrade for us.

Subtraction from your overall team talent and addition to our overall team talent.

That's how you own a division.

Haden gonna win more games this year than he has in the last 3 with the Clown's.

You own the division by gloating about picking up a player that a bad team chose to cut?

Yeah, That's kinda what he just did. 

I've been HARD on the FO and especially Sashi- BECAUSE HE SHOULD KNOW BETTER- and we deserve better. But this isn't all on Sashi. Two wrongs don't make it right. A lot more of the HURT comes from Joe Haden. I guess we know what LOYALTY costs eh Joe? About 27 million dollars. How could you Joe? - we loved you boy. :blush:

Football don't mean shit.

41 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

Football don't mean shit.

Poe, As the highest bidder, Joe just took 4M less just to play. His ankle surgery in Charlotte,NC included a lift in his ankle that may have lead to both of his groin surgeries https://www.arcamax.com/sports/football/s-1992713?fs   the sun will rise tomarrow 

This money-ball move is hard to comprehend. It's not like money is the issue because we have a lot of cap-space. Maybe Haden isn't worth $11M but he was a veteran leader, arguably our top corner, and all teams have contracts that they wished they didn't sign. We're willing to pay $13M for a future second round draft pick but not $11M for a veteran leader and contributor on a team lacking in secondary talent. That argument is spurious.

Tale-of-the-Tape: Browns save $7M (I heard we owe him $4 anyway). Browns lose a starting corner reducing the talent there to only 3 people. Steelers gain a corner to add to their depth at the position and make their team better. 

Hmmmm. I say this decision sucks lemons and backfired. They say he was having a great camp. I don't know about that ... maybe the Browns thought the exact opposite. That must be considered in this decision. 

But Shasi, for the love of God, when are you going to field a winning team like your job is on the line? Because no GM that is feeling that pressure makes this move over $7M. All teams get draft choices, and gain/lose free agents. But few of them (other than those with cap issues) make a move to reduce talent to save more money.

Where am I wrong? 

Archived