THE BROWNS BOARD

2018 picks, as it stands

LondonBrown

3 minutes ago, JimboJones said:

fMnQem.gif

Also:

your.png

Aw chit, another English Professor in a White lab-coat on a Laptop:o..But this Mr. Jones brought flash cards..Read the last line in my profile & mix a stronger drink than umbrella drinks..Your in for a long ride with a bumpy start..But we are a equal opportunity internet Board with many opinions..So Good Luck out there Professor Jones..    

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How about- Yo doggy you out yo mind fam?

11 hours ago, JimboJones said:

You're a way more loyal fan than me. :lol: I just care about getting some value for him before he packs it in :blush:...only if they're out of the playoff picture by the trade deadline though.

How would you feel about getting the draft picks for him,  then getting him back after the 2018 season (when he's a free agent) IF he's still got some juice left AND our new 1st round LT pick hasn't worked out? Realistically, after the 2018 season should be when the Browns are LEGIT contenders if all the young guys develop properly...

Fuck off newbie.

JT will retire as a Cleveland Brown.

Its bullshit to see players in their waning years play like a scrub for other teams:  Emmitt Smith with the Cardinals.  John Unitas with the Chargers. Joe Namath with the Rams.  Now, Adrian Peterson with the Saints. etc.

12 hours ago, wargograw said:

I'll be pissed if we have to take another d end. Hopefully Schobert fills MLB need. WR and RB sound good, especially if our defense is already a top 10 unit after this season.

Edge does not necessarily mean DE... ;) I could see a stud OLB pushing Kirk back inside where I'm sure he'd displace Joe.

11 hours ago, JimboJones said:

You're a way more loyal fan than me. :lol: I just care about getting some value for him before he packs it in :blush:...only if they're out of the playoff picture by the trade deadline though.

How would you feel about getting the draft picks for him,  then getting him back after the 2018 season (when he's a free agent) IF he's still got some juice left AND our new 1st round LT pick hasn't worked out? Realistically, after the 2018 season should be when the Browns are LEGIT contenders if all the young guys develop properly...

Ah.... the Kenny Lofton gambit... Don't see it happening in the NFL. (Has it ever happened in the NFL?) Main reason is you have to fill that LT slot... and that means investment.

I'll admit to a loyalty factor when it comes to Joe, but first and foremost comes the performance hurdle... and right now Joe is clearing it with ease.

Right now our #1 priority is developing a QB. Might be Kizer... might be one of four or so college players... regardless Joe is a key factor in giving whoever that QB is the best chance to develop. I don't think I can make a stronger case that this.

And give gumby a break... the man has forgotten more football than most ever know... and he has not forgotten much. So just suck it up, buy a decoder ring (like the rest of us have) and enjoy...

5 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Fuck off newbie.

JT will retire as a Cleveland Brown.

Its bullshit to see players in their waning years play like a scrub for other teams:  Emmitt Smith with the Cardinals.  John Unitas with the Chargers. Joe Namath with the Rams.  Now, Adrian Peterson with the Saints. etc.

And  AP is ruining that Brees run O if you watched the game. He's having to keep two vets and a rookie happy and  it's killing the Brees passing game. And none of the 3 is happy in the three headed RB monster that was created.

55 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

And give gumby a break... the man has forgotten more football than most ever know... and he has not forgotten much. So just suck it up, buy a decoder ring (like the rest of us have) and enjoy...

Thanks and BTW..Happy Birthday!! You celebrate with Dan Marino who turns 57 today.. but hey, the other Miami kid Kosar gave us some thrills..Enjoy Your You Day!! Thanks for so many great post, OL knowledge & always supporting our Team..Go Browns!!

15 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

I'll go one step further...

I want Joe to retire a Brown never having played anywhere else... and then join our staff and coach the OL. Anyone who witnessed Mitchell Schwartz's rise knows the guy can coach.

It'd be great if he could retire with at least one AFCN Championship banner, if not an AFC banner, if not a ring...

EXACTLY. Joe Thomas inspires this entire football team. He MUST be here when they get that ring...or yeah, an AFC championship.

He isn't going anywhere, I don't see him wanting to go elsewhere. If you traded Joe Thomas, you'd yank the heart right out of this team, that is on the verge of doing some serious winning.

^ Fuckin' A, bubba... ;)

34 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

Thanks and BTW..Happy Birthday!! You celebrate with Dan Marino who turns 57 today.. 

Thanks, bud... Marino? Well.... at least it's not Favre I have to share with...

32 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

Thanks and BTW..Happy Birthday!! You celebrate with Dan Marino who turns 57 today.. hey but the other Miami Kosar gave us some thrills..Enjoy Your You Day!! Thanks for so many great post, OL knowledge & always supporting our Team..Go Browns!!

Ah-thanks for the reminder. Happy birthday Tour and now I can call my 73 y.o brother who shares this date with you as a birthday. I sent him a card with "Woody" from Toy Story on the outside and the inside it says something to the effect of "How does it feel to become a classic antique?" :D

Well?:rolleyes:

8 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Ah-thanks for the reminder. Happy birthday Tour and now I can call my 73 y.o brother who shares this date with you as a birthday. I sent him a card with "Woody" from Toy Story on the outside and the inside it says something to the effect of "How does it feel to become a classic antique?" :D

Well?:rolleyes:

Woody? My erectile functionality is a bit personal for a football forum inquiry... don't you think?

Thanks for the well-wish nonetheless... ;)

11 hours ago, wargograw said:

What's with this "he's earned xyz" stuff? The guy gets a salary. If he wants to be rewarded for loyalty then we should pay him more. But the team does what's best for the team. 

As others have said, you trade Joe, what's your plan B at LT this year? Watch Kizer get killed?

On 9/15/2017 at 10:21 AM, Tour2ma said:

This

1 hour ago, tiamat63 said:

I can't think of a better place to put this but this Mason kid for Okie State....  starting to like him.  

Yeah, but Big 12 QBs... and vs. Pitt?

Just swapped to see Rosen... tho not sure I can handle Memphis' blue and white Bengals helmets...

11 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Yeah, but Big 12 QBs... and vs. Pitt?

Just swapped to see Rosen... tho not sure I can handle Memphis' blue and white Bengals helmets...

Fair points.  It's not so much his performance as I see the fundamentals.    Box counts, checking to runs, using a hard count to get blitzers to declare.    Appears to actually work through what simple progressions that system allows.  

This is a test of voice recognition/ transcription software.  Son of a bit(ch) it works!  Sort of…

Apparently I need to teach it how to swear…

Edit: I wonder if gumby uses this???  LOL… ;)

58 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

This is a test of voice recognition/ transcription software.  Son of a bit(ch) it works!  Sort of…

Apparently I need to teach it how to swear…

Edit: I wonder if gumby uses this???  LOL… ;)

I'm gonna load mine up wit a translator and test it out before I go to Spain next month. Every now and again I forget a word I want to use in Spanish and it would be easier just to get it translated immediately. Then again locals seem to appreciate me asking for the correct word which is kind of rare for Americans to do apparently.

7 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Was at daughters watching on a 65" flat screen & those helmets gave my eyes a spinning concussion :blink:..Seen Rosen's 1st BaD pick crossing both hash's over middle but never saw his 2nd pick..Can't be worse? or Was It?  

Archived