THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns Trade Cam Erving to KC for 5th Round Pick

USFBrown

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So now we have Dak and Reuben...

9 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

People want to bring up wheedon and manziel but remember both had good games, wheedon had a few very good games which made us think we might have sonething. Did erving ever ay a fame where he wasnt the lowest graded ol on the team?

May have made you think... not me. That pick had WASTED written all over it from the get-go. Wheezy was never going to be "the one".

11 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Manziel's name getting called after the words: "And with the 22nd pick in Round 1, the Cleveland Browns select...

Did not take that long for me... as soon as I heard we'd traded up I said, "Oh, fuck."

Hurt double that to that point we'd resisted the JFF urge... plus my darkhorse, AJ McC, was going to still be there thru Day 2 and into Day 3.

Hurt triple that we had a flood of "new Browns fans" hit the site... but it did give us Ag and war... so there's that...

9 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

People want to bring up wheedon and manziel but remember both had good games, wheedon had a few very good games which made us think we might have sonething. Did erving ever ay a fame where he wasnt the lowest graded ol on the team?

Good point. It's the old story quarterbacks get too much credit and too much blame.

I think both of those guys could have been a lot better in a different situation but I haven't seen any flashes from Cameron Erving. Too bad shit happens.

WSS

33 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Good point. It's the old story quarterbacks get too much credit and too much blame.

I think both of those guys could have been a lot better in a different situation but I haven't seen any flashes from Cameron Erving. Too bad shit happens.

WSS

Weeden HAS been in different situations....and has performed no better at all really.  He has been with both Dallas and Houston.

JFF?  The different situation he needs to go to is Canada.  He will never get another shot, imo, unless he can prove he can perform in a system like what they run up there....and of course if he can prove that he has cleaned up his act and matured. At least a 3 year stint up there is what he would need. 

5 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

I don't think any quarterback can thrive on the consensus shittiest team in the league.

Hopefully the entire project will improve this year and will give whoever is under Center a better chance. We shall see.

WSS

If you are talking about the Browns.....one of the BIG reasons they may have earned the "consensus shittiest team in the league" title...is because these QB's were so shitty.  Many times if they had been better, then maybe the Browns would have been better.

3 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

So now we have Dak and Reuben...

May have made you think... not me. That pick had WASTED written all over it from the get-go. Wheezy was never going to be "the one".

Did not take that long for me... as soon as I heard we'd traded up I said, "Oh, fuck."

Hurt double that to that point we'd resisted the JFF urge... plus my darkhorse, AJ McC, was going to still be there thru Day 2 and into Day 3.

Hurt triple that we had a flood of "new Browns fans" hit the site... but it did give us Ag and war... so there's that...

Whether my addition is a positive thing of course remains to be seen. 

21 minutes ago, Tim Couch Pulls Out said:

agree with London, that we got anything for him is amazing.   

13 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

Sashi found a sucker. Solid work.

^^^ This.....   

2 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

5th for a 1st rounder, only in clev

That wasn't Sashi and DePo doing the drafting....   FWIW, here's Cam's pre draft report- dead wrong on the NFL level on almost every count....    

2015 NFL Draft Scouting Report: Cameron Erving

Strengths: Edit: reality in red. :)  
  • Superb athletic skill set for a center
  • Quick interior lineman
  • Strong; can move blockers at the point of attack
  • Weak, Can't move blockers at point of attack
  • Can single-block defensive tackles in pass protection
  • Once in a great while...
  • Very fast to the second level
  • Was never seen on the second level except standing around
  • Agile
  • Plays with excellent technique
  • Pad level
  • Good balance
  • Snaps the ball with good velocity over the quarterback's head
  • Can match up on speed rushers
  • Waves at speed rushers as they go by him unimpeded
  • Anchors well against bull rushers
  • Gets knocked on his ass by bull rushers
  • Effective in double-teams
  • Clueless in that mode
  • Pulls well
  • Um no
  • Makes impact blocks on the second level to spring running backs
  • Never saw that happen
  • Scheme versatile
  • Conditioning
  • Experienced
  • Intelligent
  • Work ethic
  • That only gets you so far if you don't have the talent

Read more at http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2015cerving.php#YIVfDxIFleSIbqA1.99

Archived