THE BROWNS BOARD

2017's Final Roster Moves: The March to 53...

Tour2ma

Here's a fresh link to SB Nation's, Waiver Wire/ Practice Squad Tracker:

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/9/3/16223208/nfl-practice-squad-signings-2017-waiver-claims-tracker

=====================================================================================================================================

It's coming so going to need a thread for it...

Chronological updates: https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/09/01/nfl-roster-cuts-2017-tracker-news-analysis-final-cutdowns

Running list by team: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2017-nfl-roster-cuts-tracker-latest-cuts-for-all-32-teams-as-they-trim-to-53/

Nice running summary over on reddit including remaining roster: https://www.reddit.com/r/Browns/comments/6xer88/tracking_roster_cuts_down_to_53/

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well we do need wide receivers IMO so I might give Dorial Green-Beckham one more shot for a small contract. I will be shocked if Kenny Brit can do much of anything this year. At 24 years old I think it may be worth a chance but at this stage of pre-season I doubt we add anybody to the WR corp, and we just go with the young guys we drafted last year and hope for the best. 

Ealy cut by Pats... claimed by Jets... meh...

Here's a couple articles to stimulate discussion...

I didn't say they were good articles...

Here's link to NFL.com's transactions summary. Couple dozen names listed... http://www.nfl.com/transactions

So Haden cut and signs with Pittsburgh 3 years for $27 Million

Cam Erving traded to Kansas City for a 5th Round pick.

Brock's been on the Clock for some time, don't expect anything soon, but then I didn't think we'd get anything for Cam . . .

Wonder what other surprises we have in store?

1 hour ago, LondonBrown said:

According to a generally well connected guy on twitter the Jets are trying hard to trade Sheldon Richardson, would we have any interest there? 

Another DE?

We're overloaded at DE already with some decent Players . . . is he that much better than anyone of them is the question?

32 minutes ago, JAFBF said:

So Haden cut and signs with Pittsburgh 3 years for $27 Million

Cam Erving traded to Kansas City for a 5th Round pick.

Brock's been on the Clock for some time, don't expect anything soon, but then I didn't think we'd get anything for Cam . . .

Wonder what other surprises we have in store?

I still think Brock likely stays.  Who the hell is going to be the backup?  Kessler and Hogan?   Perhaps someone else not yet on this roster?

53 minutes ago, JAFBF said:

Another DE? We're overloaded at DE already with some decent Players . . . is he that much better than anyone of them is the question?

In our scheme I'm sure Richardson would be a 3-tech DT... not all that different from his 3-4 role with the Jets.

That said... we are not without 3-techs... not of Sheldon's caliber... but we have some. Add that Sheldon comes with a little baggage and I think it's a close call.

29 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

In our scheme I'm sure Richardson would be a 3-tech DT... not all that different from his 3-4 role with the Jets.

That said... we are not without 3-techs... not of Sheldon's caliber... but we have some. Add that Sheldon comes with a little baggage and I think it's a close call.

Oh Richardson can played 3-tech..Our timetable now maybe ahead of Jets now but Sheldon would want 3-4 year $ but damn stick'em between Myles & Danny :)  

17 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

our timetable now maybe ahead of Jets now but Sheldon would want 3-4 year $ but damn stick'em between Myles & Danny :)  

I don't think there'll be anyone between Myles and Danny... hard to double them both... ;)

But agree... Jets' launch window has been delayed, so they are going to have to move some talent.

If Shelton and Danny don't combine for at least 7 sacks this year we NEED to cut bait and get what we can for them! I would hope that if we package them we could get ourselves another third round selection!! :wub::wub:

Sashi Brown - The only GM in the game with a DICK big enough to cut Joe Haden. 

10 hours ago, PoeticG said:

If Shelton and Danny don't combine for at least 7 sacks this year we NEED to cut bait and get what we can for them! I would hope that if we package them we could get ourselves another third round selection!! :wub::wub:

Shelton AND Danny?   Are you attributing schizophrenia to him?   Danny and Shelton are the same guy, no?

First cuts are in... two of them. Looks like SI is going to update this link as they occur: https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/09/01/nfl-roster-cuts-2017-tracker-news-analysis-final-cutdowns

I'm sure there will be similar list updates at ESPN and other sites...

Here are the first two:

11:45 a.m. ET: Eagles cut WR Paul Turner

For a brief moment last year, WR Paul Turner looked like he might emerge as a young star for the Eagles. He’ll have to continue that rise elsewhere. Turner went off for 80 yards on six catches in Week 13, but a fractured scapula this summer kept him from winning a job in Philadelphia. Still, he’s just 24, with some upside.

10:00 a.m. ET: Buccaneers cut DE George Johnson

And … we’re off! The first (reported) cut of what’s sure to be a frantic Friday comes out of Tampa Bay, where DE George Johnson will be released. He had a breakthrough 2014 for the Lions (6.0) sacks, which he parlayed into a three-year deal with the Bucs as a restricted free agent; Detroit dealt him for a fifth-rounder rather than match that deal.

That was the high point for Johnson. He had zero sacks in ‘15 and spent last year or I.R. with a hip issue. He’ll get some looks based on experience alone—the Lions actually could use some DE help—but it’s not a surprise to see Tampa Bay cut the cord.

Complementing SI's running time line which makes it easy to see each additional player waived is CBS's site which is a team by team summary of waived players.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2017-nfl-roster-cuts-tracker-latest-cuts-for-all-32-teams-as-they-trim-to-53/

18 minutes ago, htownbrown said:

Biggest "surprises" so far on that list: Stribling, Caldwell,  Mullaney, Schult

Isn't Caldwell like the only person drafted these last two years by this FO that they have let go?  Or did he come here before this group? All the others were UDFAs, no?

Archived