THE BROWNS BOARD

Natural disasters bring out the best in America

Westside Steve

I'm guessing he saw a spurious post or 50 on Facebook saying that Osteen was turning people away from the church. In fact there was Flooding at the church and once they got that together people are on their way in.

Actually after Katrina I talked to a guy who was a district manager for one of the hotel chains along lines of Best Western, not anything fancy, but he said all of his hotels were packed with refugees from New Orleans. At the end of their stay hotels nearly had to be torn down because of the filth and damage.

WSS

37 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

I'm guessing he saw a spurious post or 50 on Facebook saying that Osteen was turning people away from the church. In fact there was Flooding at the church and once they got that together people are on their way in.

Actually after Katrina I talked to a guy who was a district manager for one of the hotel chains along lines of Best Western, not anything fancy, but he said all of his hotels were packed with refugees from New Orleans. At the end of their stay hotels nearly had to be torn down because of the filth and damage.

WSS

My step brother lives near the church. There was access to the church. Osteen didn't offer help until public pressure got to be too much.

I only knew about the whole thing because my brother told me about it. He lives close and said the church was accessible. I guess it is all for nothing really because they are now offering aid after the heat was on.

My brother and his old man are now in Longview staying with friends. His husband lost his hair salon to flood water in Stereotypes Exist for a Reason News.

Archived