THE BROWNS BOARD

Haden ....RELEASED

darren15

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I guess that means we have them worried...if they would pick up a player just for the "intel factor". 

Fair to say?

They've always looked at the browns as two easy outs. The easier the better. They play us twice so thats, in their mind, two games they typically dont have to play as hard. They get a guy who knows the new system and they could perhaps shave reps off their starters. See how that works? 

3 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

They've always looked at the browns as two easy outs. The easier the better. They play us twice so thats, in their mind, two games they typically dont have to play as hard. They get a guy who knows the new system and they could perhaps shave reps off their starters. See how that works? 

By the time we are going to be competing for north supremacy, Haden will be 31 and Big Ben will be out the door. Lets be honest, Joe hasnt done much with his big contract the last few years. Let our young guys compete and develope.

17 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

They've (the Steelers) always looked at the browns as two easy outs. The easier the better. They play us twice so thats, in their mind, two games they typically dont have to play as hard. They get a guy who knows the new system and they could perhaps shave reps off their starters. See how that works? 

Williams has been a DC for a long time. I would strongly suspect teams around the NFL have a mighty good idea what his playcalling tendencies are. Anything Joe might be able to convey to Tomlin & company would be of minimal benefit.  

18 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Williams has been a DC for a long time. I would strongly suspect teams around the NFL have a mighty good idea what his playcalling tendencies are. Anything Joe might be able to convey to Tomlin & company would be of minimal benefit.  

Maybe maybe not. U know they're asking him about myles tendencies. You know does he go aft or starboard at the bottom of the hour..........who saw what i just did right there? 

2 hours ago, hoorta said:

& How did Gilbert work out for them? Steelers corners worse than ours?

Gilbert never proved for either team he could play. Im intrigued by haden, he wont be playing man. However with that said im not expecting anything. Artie burns is a damn good corner but the number two job is up for grabs, maybe thats haden until rookies come along. Antonio brown is advocating his signing and brown has torched haden in the past, maybe worse than any other receiver in the lg. 

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

I guess that means we have them worried...if they would pick up a player just for the "intel factor". 

Fair to say?

If they sign haden it wont be for info. Hes 28, will play zone. They are kicking the tires for a reason, the above isnt it. 

25 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

If they sign haden it wont be for info. Hes 28, will play zone. They are kicking the tires for a reason, the above isnt it. 

Agreed. If they only wanted intel then they would just sign one of the Browns' cuts that are coming. 

Lol, looking like it won't be the last time you see Haden.

In fact, looking very much like you might be seeing him in Black and Gold about twice a year.

Hey, at least he'll know what it feels like to win on a day the Steelers and Clowns play.

10 minutes ago, Gafreleets said:

Lol, looking like it won't be the last time you see Haden.

In fact, looking very much like you might be seeing him in Black and Gold about twice a year.

Hey, at least he'll know what it feels like to win on a day the Steelers and Clowns play.

It also looks like you'll know what its like to have your CB1 get burned time and again on a day when the Browns and Shittsburgh play.

1 minute ago, stillmotion said:

Hope he doesn't join pittsburgh.

Apparently Jimmy and Sashi don't care about loyalty. I would've gave him another chance.

T.J. Ward is rumored to be shopped. Maybe we can get him back?

Loyalty isn't a column in the balance sheet or the box score.

51 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

Play zone as what?  Like the 3rd or 4th corner. 

Though, I guess, to be honest with you, this would say a lot about the state of the Steelers backfield....if they are willing to take on a guy who has not played much the last couple of years because of injury, and who appears to clearly have diminished skills....as the whole observation here has been that he has been getting burned consistently.  Even in a zone you still have to cover.

33 minutes ago, stillmotion said:

Hope he doesn't join pittsburgh.

Apparently Jimmy and Sashi don't care about loyalty. I would've gave him another chance.

T.J. Ward is rumored to be shopped. Maybe we can get him back?

:) does Ward have diminished skills too? Maybe some of our Bronco lurkers can fill us in....   

Regarding Haden- it dawned on me what happened. assuming Joe and his booger agent Rosenhaus met with Sashi last week, it probably went like this....  The Browns told Joe we like you, but not at your current salary, so lets' renegotiate to what we feel you're worth. Rosenhaus of course said no- & you just saw the result. Been real Joe, adios. 

On Tuesday, August 29, 2017 at 11:49 AM, runyon27 said:

I agree we don't have a lot of depth there, I would rather hold on to Haden this year and then take the cap hit next year if we decide to release him.

On Tuesday, August 29, 2017 at 11:29 AM, The Gipper said:

Uhmm....that is all fine well and good...if you think Joe isn't much up to snuff anymore.

But...here is the problem:  who the fuck do the Browns have to replace him that is better?   McCourty? Boddy-Calhoun?  Channing Stribling?

Browns did NOT invest any draft picks in CB.  They picked up a couple of FAs and a  UDFA in    Stribling.

Again, tell me who is going to be the starter if he goes, and who will play nickel, etc. 

you are right. we don't have anyone. If i was joe and i did not get traded to a contender, i would hang it up...toooooo many bad concusses. He is playing with fire here with his life...

36 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

Confirmed he's signed for Pittsburgh. $27m three year deal with $7m this year. 

I too hated to see Joe go....but it was clear as a bell that he definitely had "diminished skills".   He was being beaten by no name WRs badly.  But now he signs this deal.

Again, is this a statement about the sorry state of the Steelers backfield....or what?  Does anyone think that letting Joe go...and then having him sign with Shittsburgh will help him get his mojo back?

2 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I too hated to see Joe go....but it was clear as a bell that he definitely had "diminished skills".   He was being beaten by no name WRs badly.  But now he signs this deal.

Again, is this a statement about the sorry state of the Steelers backfield....or what?  Does anyone think that letting Joe go...and then having him sign with Shittsburgh will help him get his mojo back?

Surprised he got the deal he did, that's all. It will shake out as to who's paying him this year, the Steelers or the Browns. Over the Cap hasn't updated yet. I'll let Tour explain it all in due time. :)  

1 minute ago, medicineman said:

With our luck it will light a fire under Joe and he will look like the player of 2013/14. I am ok he is gone but for him to join those sorry bunch of sock suckers? Come on Joe........You said on a teet a thanks to all the fans and you do this?

Well, I just don't believe that he was going to get a better offer...or anywhere near this from any other team.  So, you cannot begrudge him taking the money by any means.  It may be one thing if contract offers are close to equal...then you say "no, I will go with team X that won't compete with the team I just left".  But here? I suspect it was double the money that he could get anywhere else. 

4 hours ago, Tim Couch Pulls Out said:

He doesn't go to waivers, he's a vested veteran. Immediately goes into the FA pool. 

Yup... vests when 4th year is accrued. Joe has accrued 7 years.

4 hours ago, hoorta said:

True, but how many times have teams in the AFCN faced a Williams Defense?

3 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

Maybe maybe not. U know they're asking him about myles tendencies. You know does he go aft or starboard at the bottom of the hour..........who saw what i just did right there? 

Crazy IVAN!

30 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

And the $7 million he gets this year is guaranteed.

Ah... but is that paid by us or PTG?

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Play zone as what?  Like the 3rd or 4th corner. 

Though, I guess, to be honest with you, this would say a lot about the state of the Steelers backfield....if they are willing to take on a guy who has not played much the last couple of years because of injury, and who appears to clearly have diminished skills....as the whole observation here has been that he has been getting burned consistently.  Even in a zone you still have to cover.

Who has a better track record in the here and now? Who is poised to win? Now? If he didnt have something left the steelers wouldnt have signed him. 

2 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

Who has a better track record in the here and now? Who is poised to win? Now? If he didnt have something left the steelers wouldnt have signed him. 

Yeah, but we heard the same thing about Bustin' Gilbert.

You know, how that superior Stooler coaching staff was going to "coach him up".

8 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Keep up or be squashed baby tomato.   We are talking about Stribling.   Since you claim to be objective and since you have hardly said word one about this FUM alum....can we take it from you that you don't think too highly of him?

He needs time on the practice squad. Needs to get stronger, better at tackling. He's solid in coverage

Archived