THE BROWNS BOARD

Haden ....RELEASED

darren15

21 minutes ago, TopDawg31 said:

Reading between the lines on this one, Haden is getting cut if we don't trade him.

Sure, we can cut him and take the $10 million cap hit. I'd rather keep him around as an expensive insurance policy. After the season the hit goes down to $3.2 million. 

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Not down with Stribling?   I would think that Woody would be in here drooling over the fact that this rumor may give another FMU boy a spot on this roster.

My analysis of Peppers was based on his play, not is school. I can be objective..

I know that is a foreign concept to you

2 hours ago, JAFBF said:

Tony GrossiVerified account @TonyGrossi

Joe Haden & agent Drew Rosenhaus met w EVP Sashi Brown in Tampa team hotel prior to game last Saturday. I doubt trade rumors surprised him.

That is sufficiently classy if followed up with any trade being to a contender...

... otherwise keep him through 2017.

12 hours ago, JAFBF said:

Tony GrossiVerified account @TonyGrossi

Joe Haden & agent Drew Rosenhaus met w EVP Sashi Brown in Tampa team hotel prior to game last Saturday. I doubt trade rumors surprised him.

Seemed to get his attention..Re-watched TB tape last night. Joe seemed more focused,physical & showed some playing emotions.Nice knock down on a blitz on Jamius (which we never did enough with Haden imo,cause who else could cover a #1WR?) Ever sense his ankle surgery, Joe has never been the same..I Don't see a team that will be willing to give SB his price? Haden is no worse than are #3 CB/FS/S on the depth chart. If Williams thinks Haden went to a overpaid wussie? Well, Get your popcorn ready..I see 1 more season with Joe & a good DC for his game & wussification..       

I'll be curious what people on here are saying about Gregg Williams and his defense two months from now. At this point, I'm surprised a gofundme account hasn't been set up to commission the erection of a statue in his honor. Yes, I said erection. :lol:

Yep, officially released. Once of those rare "hits" we had in the draft, but unfortunately injuries got to him. No doubt he'll get on with another team.

Good dude, hope nothing but the best for him. Wouldn't mind seeing him at all seeing him go to a team with a SB chance.

Haden has lost a a step and the 3 concussions last season didn't help.  However, he was always able to keep A.J. Green in check twice a season.  

It's a shame to cut him, he was passionate about the Browns and would be a good veteran presence to have if nothing else.  Another team will pick him up, hope he succeeds.

I guess it was a money thing, which is nuts since we have a ton of Cap space.

I know they're also shopping Cam, and I think someone else, but I don't think they'll get any bites on either if they didn't get any on Haden.

Must be some targets on the Waiver Wires coming, and they're getting a head start on clearing some spots - this Weekend is deadline for cuts to 53, so it may get crazy.

13 minutes ago, Browns1216 said:

Haden has lost a a step and the 3 concussions last season didn't help.  However, he was always able to keep A.J. Green in check twice a season.  

It's a shame to cut him, he was passionate about the Browns and would be a good veteran presence to have if nothing else.  Another team will pick him up, hope he succeeds.

Id question the "passion". The last couple of years he'd sit out for a hangnail. 

1 minute ago, bbedward said:

I don't understand the move considering the lack of depth.

If we don't get another on the waiver wire, we will pay for this big time down the line when one of our "aggressive" CB's goes down.

Haden was getting smoked off the line in Tampa, its why I came to the conclusion he was getting cut when the trade rumors came out yesterday.

Cut before game 4 in case he got injured, then it would be even more $.

Odds are trades are off for now with all these bodies getting ready to hit the market.

Cutting 37 Players at one shot is pretty crazy, then add in scouring the cuts from other Teams for a Player that may help.

Yea, next few days are going to be busy - we've already cut a few other guys that were pretty much injured the whole of TC.

Not really surprising, considering his performance and health issues the last few years. He was a class act and always supported other Cleveland teams. Time just came when it had to end. We will get another one this weekend, or trade.

17 minutes ago, Mike H said:

Top 5 CB in the NFL per this fan base, and this board especially. LOL.

Overrated, always has been. 

Think it was the 2014 season he shut down a number of the leagues best receivers, Joe was a good player. Very good at times. 

He isn't that player now. 

15 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

No... no difference whatsoever. When you're hurt your name goes into parentheses and to the end of the line. That's just how it's done. Experience is irrelevant to that standard depth chart practice.

Original determination was a cracked (broken) patella and no additional damage to tendons or ligaments... a/k/a best possible news, but that "some games" would be missed. Since then info has been scarce and confused.

There is a difference in how confident we are in someone's ability.   Wilson is a rookie with no track record...and we have every right to be skeptical about his capabilities coming of an injury. The others....we have confidence in.

Is Wilson going to be such an asset such that it makes up for the loss of Haden?  To me, either he or Stribling are the wild cards in the whole release of Joe.THEY have to be able to perform better than he, in my opinion.

Archived