THE BROWNS BOARD

Haden ....RELEASED

darren15

1 hour ago, boo fagley said:

Thanks Gip

I figured it was something like that but wasnt sure. Yeah, the opposite is happening from the other site. But, its a nice board and fast. 

If you can imagine Rainman being a Browns fan, except starting Johnny Manziel was his version of buying underwear at K Mart. The guy was a legend of sorts. 

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Tim Couch Pulls Out said:

St0ckton still farts around on the Browns subreddit. Still an idiot.

Under what screen name?

16 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

If you can imagine Rainman being a Browns fan, except starting Johnny Manziel was his version of buying underwear at K Mart. The guy was a legend of sorts. 

That's about as close as you can get without having been there...

5 minutes ago, Mark O said:

“It’s a first class organization… I just wanted to be a part of a winner.”

Joe Haden on joining the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Anyone want to talk about loyalty now and how the Browns need to show loyalty to this asshat?  

Translation:  "They are paying me a pile of money even though I am about toast....and I am not going to talk shit about anyone who would overpay for me like that.  Show me the money."

3 minutes ago, Mark O said:

Anyone want to talk about loyalty now...

Sure...

He was a loyal Brown. He's ceased being a Brown.

Joe was unemployed and took an offer to play for a contender... perhaps the most promising contender to show interest in him.

He's now a Steeler. I assume he'll be a loyal Steeler.

2 minutes ago, Mark O said:

I was more referring to the people who said that it was a lack of loyalty by the Browns to release a player who can't play anymore. 

Ah... well I do not want to talk about that...

Nevermind...

2 hours ago, Mark O said:

“It’s a first class organization… I just wanted to be a part of a winner.”

Joe Haden on joining the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Anyone want to talk about loyalty now and how the Browns need to show loyalty to this asshat?  

Figured that was why he wound up there so fast. 

2 hours ago, Mark O said:

I was more referring to the people who said that it was a lack of loyalty by the Browns to release a player who can't play anymore. 

Exactly Mark. I hope PG comes to the realization- Haden took the same money the Browns were offering him, to play for a team that has a good chance of making the playoffs. That's been the Browns problem for a long time, some players want more than just a paycheck . MHO part of the reason Mack and Schwartz bolted. I just hope the Browns get to the playoffs before Joe Thomas retires- Lord knows he's earned it, and if you want to talk about loyalty... JT is the paradigm, he could have demanded a trade long ago. 

24 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Figured that was why he wound up there so fast. 

Exactly Mark. I hope PG comes to the realization- Haden took the same money the Browns were offering him, to play for a team that has a good chance of making the playoffs. That's been the Browns problem for a long time, some players want more than just a paycheck . MHO part of the reason Mack and Schwartz bolted. I just hope the Browns get to the playoffs before Joe Thomas retires- Lord knows he's earned it, and if you want to talk about loyalty... JT is the paradigm, he could have demanded a trade long ago. 

don't think haden demanded a trade. think the FO wanted him gone for their youth movement.............which has produced shite.

1 minute ago, miktoxic said:

don't think haden demanded a trade. think the FO wanted him gone for their youth movement.............which has produced shite.

I don't think he demanded a trade either Mik. It was we need to reduce your salary, or we'll release you. 

2 minutes ago, hoorta said:

I don't think he demanded a trade either Mik. It was we need to reduce your salary, or we'll release you. 

Not purely money to my mind... more like value, which has a money component, but goes further to contribution. Joe's current skill set just isn't a fit.

7 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Not purely money to my mind... more like value, which has a money component, but goes further to contribution. Joe's current skill set just isn't a fit.

you could say that about half this team. let's see who's left standing at the end of the day.

I don't care about all that. What I care about is honoring the contracts that were given. Haden played his ass off to get that deal... maybe he didn't deserve the money we gave him but maybe he did. The point is that the Browns Organization, before "Big Dick" Sashi Brown came to town, offered to keep Haden here long term for the amount of money they gave him. Injuries are going to happen and if you didn't anticipate it then your going to be in for a rude awakening. 

Haden is a very capable player when he is healthy and I don't care what you tell yourselves to make yourself feel better about his release, he was our best CB period- and it's not even close. As I said earlier, if the front seven can't get to the QB and he's got all day to find an open WR he's going to find one because NO CB can cover a WR indefinitely. The whole point is there has to be a point that anal antics take a backseat to true football evaluation. I don't care about Joe Haden's stat line for the last 2 seasons, he was hurt. Having said that, I'll take a hurt Joe Haden over a healthy Justin Gilbert ten times out of ten. Haden could have sat last year with the groin injuries. What is the old adage about not being able to lose your job because of injury? Well, in this case that is exactly what happened to Joe Haden. 

The FO expects a player to play through his low paying contract to earn a bigger one. The FO also expects a player to give back money from a bigger contract that he earned. This is a double standard. The FO can absolutely go to a player and ask them to restructure their deal if they are in a financial hardship with the cap room, but how do you justify PAYING BROCK OSWIELER 16 MILLION FUCKING DOLLARS TO RIDE THE FUCKING BENCH WHEN HADEN PLAYED AN ENTIRE SEASON INJURED TO HELP HIS TEAM?!?!?!?!?!

This is where we have a failure to communicate. 

6 hours ago, PoeticG said:

I don't care about all that. What I care about is honoring the contracts that were given. Haden played his ass off to get that deal... maybe he didn't deserve the money we gave him but maybe he did. The point is that the Browns Organization, before "Big Dick" Sashi Brown came to town, offered to keep Haden here long term for the amount of money they gave him. Injuries are going to happen and if you didn't anticipate it then your going to be in for a rude awakening. 

Haden is a very capable player when he is healthy and I don't care what you tell yourselves to make yourself feel better about his release, he was our best CB period- and it's not even close. As I said earlier, if the front seven can't get to the QB and he's got all day to find an open WR he's going to find one because NO CB can cover a WR indefinitely. The whole point is there has to be a point that anal antics take a backseat to true football evaluation. I don't care about Joe Haden's stat line for the last 2 seasons, he was hurt. Having said that, I'll take a hurt Joe Haden over a healthy Justin Gilbert ten times out of ten. Haden could have sat last year with the groin injuries. What is the old adage about not being able to lose your job because of injury? Well, in this case that is exactly what happened to Joe Haden. 

The FO expects a player to play through his low paying contract to earn a bigger one. The FO also expects a player to give back money from a bigger contract that he earned. This is a double standard. The FO can absolutely go to a player and ask them to restructure their deal if they are in a financial hardship with the cap room, but how do you justify PAYING BROCK OSWIELER 16 MILLION FUCKING DOLLARS TO RIDE THE FUCKING BENCH WHEN HADEN PLAYED AN ENTIRE SEASON INJURED TO HELP HIS TEAM?!?!?!?!?!

This is where we have a failure to communicate. 

You had me until you said Haden was our best corner.

Actually, that's a lie. I knew what you were gonna say was bullshit then moment I saw you posted.

Archived