THE BROWNS BOARD

Haden ....RELEASED

darren15

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damn. Haden has been my favorite player for years. But honestly he hasn't been all pro anything in years. I hate to say it but if we can pick up a legit receiver. I'd be alright with this. But I can't see it happening. 

Debate seems to be whether Joe is the 3rd or 4th best CB on our roster. But this is the last year that he is uber-expensive to part with... so I doubt he goes anywhere now.

Uhmm....that is all fine well and good...if you think Joe isn't much up to snuff anymore.

But...here is the problem:  who the fuck do the Browns have to replace him that is better?   McCourty? Boddy-Calhoun?  Channing Stribling?

Browns did NOT invest any draft picks in CB.  They picked up a couple of FAs and a  UDFA in    Stribling.

Again, tell me who is going to be the starter if he goes, and who will play nickel, etc. 

19 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Uhmm....that is all fine well and good...if you think Joe isn't much up to snuff anymore.

But...here is the problem:  who the fuck do the Browns have to replace him that is better?   McCourty? Boddy-Calhoun?  Channing Stribling?

Browns did NOT invest any draft picks in CB.  They picked up a couple of FAs and a  UDFA in    Stribling.

Again, tell me who is going to be the starter if he goes, and who will play nickel, etc. 

I agree we don't have a lot of depth there, I would rather hold on to Haden this year and then take the cap hit next year if we decide to release him.

At this point, Joe is only out there because of his name. I'm sure one of the young, cheaper dudes will do just as well. 

44 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Pretty much a consensus that Taylor and McCourty have outplayed Haden, and opinions are split on who is better between Joe and BBC.

And we drafted Wilson out of UH who cracked his knee cap in camp.

I can appreciate that Haden bleeds orange and brown and has been an admirable cheerleader for the team.. But clearly.. His best days are behind him.. Good luck, Joe!

49 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Pretty much a consensus that Taylor and McCourty have outplayed Haden, and opinions are split on who is better between Joe and BBC.

And we drafted Wilson out of UH who cracked his knee cap in camp.

Wilson is listed a like 5th string...and not a factor currently.  (maybe some time in the far future?).

50 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Wilson is listed a like 5th string...and not a factor currently.  (maybe some time in the far future?).

Simply reflects that he's hurt... same as Bito and Danny currently being at the ass end of the LG and NT lines.

I was very happy to see Wilson's name on one of our cards on Draft-day. I thought he has a shot to be a good one... still do. Hope to see him later this year.

30 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Simply reflects that he's hurt... same as Bito and Danny currently being at the ass end of the LG and NT lines.

I was very happy to see Wilson's name on one of our cards on Draft-day. I thought he has a shot to be a good one... still do. Hope to see him later this year.

Difference is that Bito and Shelton have somewhat proven themselves in the NFL.  No such thing with Wilson.   That said, what is his prognosis? Injury list the entire season?  Or does he have a chance to get in there perhaps?

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

So, you put him in as starter.....then what about nickel and backup?   Waiver wire disjecta membra?

We've got McCourty too. Pick up a 4th corner in the trade or a separate trade.

Z

Just now, Zombo said:

Z

Not down with Stribling?   I would think that Woody would be in here drooling over the fact that this rumor may give another FMU boy a spot on this roster.

5 minutes ago, Zombo said:

Z

= pick up a reject Z. Our secondary is bad enough as it is. If the Browns truly think Joe is shot- no GM in his right mind is going to be interested. Been pointed out- to move him, we're going to have to eat a large part of his contract. 

44 minutes ago, hoorta said:

= pick up a reject Z. Our secondary is bad enough as it is. If the Browns truly think Joe is shot- no GM in his right mind is going to be interested. Been pointed out- to move him, we're going to have to eat a large part of his contract. 

We have the cap room or the ability to eat part of his contract (been reported Browns are willing to do the same thing with Asswhiler in order to move him) and if the return package is good enough, Id think the Browns would be definitely willing to pay a part of the contract.

They should have traded him last year but yes this is true. They are shopping Haden, Osweiler and Erving as reported by CBS Sports and the NFL NETWORK 

CBS SPORTS QUOTE; "The Browns are comfortable moving forward with Jamar Taylor, Jason McCourty and Briean Boddy-Calhoun"

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Difference is that Bito and Shelton have somewhat proven themselves in the NFL.  No such thing with Wilson.   That said, what is his prognosis? Injury list the entire season?  Or does he have a chance to get in there perhaps?

No... no difference whatsoever. When you're hurt your name goes into parentheses and to the end of the line. That's just how it's done. Experience is irrelevant to that standard depth chart practice.

Original determination was a cracked (broken) patella and no additional damage to tendons or ligaments... a/k/a best possible news, but that "some games" would be missed. Since then info has been scarce and confused.

Reading between the lines on this one, Haden is getting cut if we don't trade him.

19 minutes ago, TopDawg31 said:

Reading between the lines on this one, Haden is getting cut if we don't trade him.

There's no way we cut him. What do the Saints have that we want. Because if anyone needs CB it's them. And they tried to trade for him in the past.

Archived