THE BROWNS BOARD

Road Trippin To Indy

TopDawg31

Secured my game tickets to the Colts. Who else is headed to Indy? GNATS will be tailgating just not sure where yet.

GNATS.jpg

20 minutes ago, boo fagley said:

Check out Shapiros Deli.

Best corned beef and roast beast sandwiches in the mid west.

Better than Slyman's?

The original Benny Shapiro's at Pearl and Brookpark was a fav growing up... Great Reubens and Matzo-ball soup. Alas they tried franchise in the 90's IIRC and went under.

Kind of a void after that... always thought Corky & Lenny's was overrated, but did find Joe's out in Rocky River. Damn good Reubens and great, homemade deserts from the neighborhood. The baklava and Russian tea cakes were killer.

Texas is kind of a deli desert... Houston has a Katz's. There was a decent Mom & Pop in Clear Lake, not too far from NASA, serving NE transplants. Also stumbled upon one in the Houston Underground... probably flooderground now.

Got Reubens on the brain and forgot the OP...

20 hours ago, TopDawg31 said:

Secured my game tickets to the Colts. Who else is headed to Indy? GNATS will be tailgating just not sure where yet.

How'd that Pat fan get in the picture?

Have a blast... still looking possible that we'll be seeing Indy's backup QB Week 3.

5 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Got Reubens on the brain and forgot the OP...

How'd that Pat fan get in the picture?

Have a blast... still looking possible that we'll be seeing Indy's backup QB Week 3.

Photo Bomb

I've never been to Lucas Oil Stadium, anybody in here have any suggestions what lot to tailgate in?

7 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

The original Benny Shapiro's at Pearl and Brookpark was a fav growing up... Great Reubens and Matzo-ball soup. Alas they tried franchise in the 90's IIRC and went under.

Kind of a void after that... always thought Corky & Lenny's was overrated, but did find Joe's out in Rocky River. Damn good Reubens and great, homemade deserts from the neighborhood. The baklava and Russian tea cakes were killer.

Texas is kind of a deli desert... Houston has a Katz's. There was a decent Mom & Pop in Clear Lake, not too far from NASA, serving NE transplants. Also stumbled upon one in the Houston Underground... probably flooderground now.

Joe's Deli in Rocky River is sooooooo freakin' good. Also really like the Diamond Deli in downtown Akron. Never had Slyman's (but Joe's Deli is owned by relatives of the Slyman's)

8 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Joe's Deli in Rocky River is sooooooo freakin' good. Also really like the Diamond Deli in downtown Akron. Never had Slyman's (but Joe's Deli is owned by relatives of the Slyman's)

Diamond Deli...in Downtown Akron?   Do you mean the Diamond Grill......which certainly is no Deli.  Top notch steakhouse.

1 minute ago, The Gipper said:

Diamond Deli...in Downtown Akron?   Do you mean the Diamond Grill......which certainly is no Deli.  Top notch steakhouse.

Nope, the Diamond Deli on South Main Street, a block or so south of Canal Park

9 minutes ago, boo fagley said:

Lucas is one of the nicest stadiums that I have been to. Inside and out they built it first class when compared to their old dome and some of the other stadiums around the league.

Their fans are pretty good. We for the most part didnt have any trouble although 1 idiot tried throwing ice on us from inside a cooler. He failed miserably because he was so wasted. Wherever you go there will be doosh bags. Its unavoidable They dont show other teams replays on the big screen, at least when I was there..

I loathe football being played indoors like the Arabs hate the Jews, but Cleveland should have built something like Lucas Oil Stadium. Love the old school look, and having an outdoor football stadium in the north has to be one of the worst uses of money ever. The Browns stadium is unused 90% of the year.

7 hours ago, boo fagley said:

Lucas is one of the nicest stadiums that I have been to. Inside and out they built it first class when compared to their old dome and some of the other stadiums around the league.

Their fans are pretty good. We for the most part didnt have any trouble although 1 idiot tried throwing ice on us from inside a cooler. He failed miserably because he was so wasted. Wherever you go there will be doosh bags. Its unavoidable They dont show other teams replays on the big screen, at least when I was there..

My visit there, had one very drunk Colts fan sitting behind me giving me grief. (Was wearing my Browns gear.) BTW, probably make the road trip- Indy is a shorter drive for me than Cleveland. FWIW fine dining report- St. Elmo's is slipping, living off it's reputation. Their spin off Harry and Izzy's has surpassed them. (was just at their north, not downtown location.) 

5 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Retractable roofs... the best of all worlds.

The new "domes"- they finally got it right. Ford Field is similar. May be a three road trip year. Have a good friend that lives just north of Detroit. 

5 minutes ago, boo fagley said:

If youre ever in KC, Hereford House is worth checking out.

I went to Pissburgh last year. This drunk idiot Steeler fan was running his mouth at me all game. Some of his garbage was pretty lewd with women sitting nearby. I wish that I got a video of him to put on youtube and send to his employment. This dope bragged about where he worked.

You sound like you are surprised that Steeler fans would act like fucking idiots..  What planet have you been living on:blink:

52 minutes ago, boo fagley said:

The worst fans that I have been around have been Bengals fans. I thought one inbred was going to swing on me.

Ive been to - KC x 3, Indy x 3, Denver x 3, St Louis, Chicago [Champagne because of stadium const] San Diego, Pissburgh, Cintucky, New Jorsey,  Houston, Minnesota.

Best fans?

1 hour ago, boo fagley said:

The worst fans that I have been around have been Bengals fans. I thought one inbred was going to swing on me.

Ive been to - KC x 3, Indy x 3, Denver x 3, St Louis, Chicago [Champagne because of stadium const] San Diego, Pissburgh, Cintucky, New Jorsey,  Houston, Minnesota.

Bengals fans may be the biggest wussys....But they are not the most ignorant, stupid, belligerent fans.  Steeler fans are.

3 hours ago, boo fagley said:

If youre ever in KC, Hereford House is worth checking out.

I went to Pissburgh last year. This drunk idiot Steeler fan was running his mouth at me all game. Some of his garbage was pretty lewd with women sitting nearby. I wish that I got a video of him to put on youtube and send to his employment. This dope bragged about where he worked.

Been to Indy games many times, as my brother in law and family live there. Only 120 miles from my house. LOL, my Bucket List is to see the Browns lose in every NFL city, they're not disappointing me.... Will scratch Houston off this year- if the flood waters recede.  Not overly thrilled to make the trip to Pittsburgh, for the reason you just mentioned. 

I've been to KC twice, the tailgating is phenomenal, and Arrowhead is a great venue to watch a game. Was at the Hereford House a long time ago, (Joe Montana was the qb for the Chiefs at the time). Heard it had burned down- apparently has been rebuilt. Last time- a few years ago, the guy I was with ( a foodie and darn good chef- almost made the cut to get on Chopped) wanted to check out Lidia's. All agreed- a big let down. 

17 minutes ago, boo fagley said:

Yes, KC tailgating is great. Plenty of room out in the middle of nowhere. Arrowhead is 45 years old. Unheard of today. Atlanta Falcons just built a brand new stadium and I was living there when they built the Georgia dome in 1992. Lucas is just about in downtown Indy.

The owner of the Hereford house downtown set the place on fire. He is now cooking steaks behind bars. Even if he was able to collect on insurance he likely wasnt going to rebuild. There are 4 other locations https://www.herefordhouse.com/ Never been to Lidias though I hear great things about it.

Only 4 stadiums older than Arrowhead:   LA Coliseum.  Soldier Field,  Lambeau Field, and Oakland Alameda Coliseum.  Soldier and Lambeau have been completely renovated, Raiders moving out of Oakland because of Stadium condition.  LA Coliseum is only Temporary until they build the new stadium. 

3 hours ago, hoorta said:

Been to Indy games many times, as my brother in law and family live there. Only 120 miles from my house. LOL, my Bucket List is to see the Browns lose in every NFL city, they're not disappointing me.... Will scratch Houston off this year- if the flood waters recede.  Not overly thrilled to make the trip to Pittsburgh, for the reason you just mentioned. 

I've been to KC twice, the tailgating is phenomenal, and Arrowhead is a great venue to watch a game. Was at the Hereford House a long time ago, (Joe Montana was the qb for the Chiefs at the time). Heard it had burned down- apparently has been rebuilt. Last time- a few years ago, the guy I was with ( a foodie and darn good chef- almost made the cut to get on Chopped) wanted to check out Lidia's. All agreed- a big let down. 

Looking for suggestions for which lot to tailgate in for Indy got a suggestion?

2 minutes ago, TopDawg31 said:

IIRC, there's not a lot of parking around Lucas Oil. The in close lot is probably permit only. Last time we just hung out Downtown in a Bar before the game. 

30 minutes ago, TopDawg31 said:

There has to be a BrownsBacker branch in the area...

Ta-da..... http://fans.clevelandbrowns.com/backer-tracker/clubs/central-indiana-browns-backers-association

55 minutes ago, boo fagley said:

What about Qualcom stadium in San Diego? 50 years old.  It must be the last baseball/ NFL stadium still left.

They just renovated Arrowhead. Clark Hunt is supposed to have an apartment inside the stadium. The U of Illinois in Champagne is a mini replica of Soldier field.

Does it count if no one plays there anymore?

And sweet 8lb, 6oz baby Jesus, Chicago's renovation of Soldier Field was horrible. Looks like they were on acid when they designed it.

1 hour ago, boo fagley said:

What about Qualcom stadium in San Diego? 50 years old.  It must be the last baseball/ NFL stadium still left.

They just renovated Arrowhead. Clark Hunt is supposed to have an apartment inside the stadium. The U of Illinois in Champagne is a mini replica of Soldier field.

Qualcomm is no longer an NFL Stadium....remember?  The Chargers have move.  And fyi...the Padres built a new ballpark...they have not played in Qualcomm in a few years.  Oakland was, I believe, the only dual purpose stadium left.

9 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Qualcomm is no longer an NFL Stadium....remember?  The Chargers have move.  And fyi...the Padres built a new ballpark...they have not played in Qualcomm in a few years.  Oakland was, I believe, the only dual purpose stadium left.

I almost have to force myself to watch Indians games in Oakland, that's how incredibly shitty whatever the old Oakland Coliseum is called now is. It wasn't a good park back in the day, it is now laughably horrible with the enormous bleacher section in the outfield. Hopefully the A's can finally get a new ballpark built, they've had a few nice ballpark concepts over the years.

Archived