Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
beyster

I Trust In Kizer

Recommended Posts

beyster    0

After last night's game, Kizer's ascension to the starting role isn't a rush job, and he looks to FINALLY be the quarterback that I've been saying all along that the Browns need: A playmaker at the position.

From what I can see based on these 3 preseason games, the team will most likely be spending next years draft picks on playmaking WR's (because so far only Coleman has shown any form of consistency) and a FS, maybe even another TE, for Njoku has been slow in his development. If they can resign Crowell, then you're looking at strengthening the secondary and back up positions.

Oh, and Gonzales doesn't look like he's going to make the cut, for I've seen a LOT of Parkey out there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alkid3    37
Just now, beyster said:

Zane hasn't wowed anyone, and he missed a 50+ I'd stick with the veteran in this area.

Parkey also missed a kick. Zane is their guy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TopDawg31    75
Just now, Alkid3 said:

Parkey also missed a kick. Zane is their guy. 

Considering our O will probably stall a lot, we need a kicker that is accurate  from beyond 50, Zane is that guy, Last nights kick was in a downpour. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
beyster    0

Zane hasn't shown me to be that guy. if you're missing kicks in the rain, how can you make kicks in December/January?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alkid3    37
8 minutes ago, beyster said:

Zane hasn't shown me to be that guy. if you're missing kicks in the rain, how can you make kicks in December/January?

Ok now pull up Parkeys stats from last year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mudfly    936
Quote

Well, one thing thats really notable is that Gonzalez is one of only 4 kickers who has not had a ball returned yet......he has zero return yards, while many other kickers have already given up hundreds of yards....

I think that missing a 55 yarder, in the driving rain, in your 3rd game ever, is no reason to be cut......those are silly expectations, if you think it is....Parkey missed 5 out of 12, in the 40's, last season.....and probably woulda missed that 55 yarder last night too...

only making 7 outta 12 in the 40;s is not that good.....My guess is Gonzalez will be the guy

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TopDawg31    75
3 minutes ago, Alkid3 said:

Ok now pull up Parkeys stats from last year.

We never play in January, just sayin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TopDawg31    75
14 minutes ago, beyster said:

Zane hasn't shown me to be that guy. if you're missing kicks in the rain, how can you make kicks in December/January?

We never play in January, just sayin

Quoted wrong post above

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alkid3    37
4 minutes ago, TopDawg31 said:

We never play in January, just sayin

I was referring to all his missed field goals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TopDawg31    75
2 minutes ago, Alkid3 said:

I was referring to all his missed field goals.

I quoted wrong post, that was meant for beyster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gumby73    300

I trust that Kizer is not a Kicker :lol:..Were taking the youth path, It's Gonzo's job to lose & they say it's close. Just don't get Tabor stupid trying to put Gonzo on PS..3 Parkey's with his pair of pear trees will be on the streets soon..That extra point was big late by Gonzo..surely a test  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Clevfan4life    278

You kizer fanboys need to understand that he's going to piss u off alot this season. Hopefully he makes sone spectacular off setting plays. But he's going to make sone very rookie mistakes once he has to start running for life every down. Its gonna happen 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hope the Browns both limit DeShone Kizer to a few offensive series, then let Osweiler play at least one full half of football in the preseason finale at Chicago so the Browns can shop him or cut/waive Ossi so the Browns won't have to pay his hefty $17 million contract in 2017 on September 2.

Then have Kessler get some playing time and mix at QB against the Bears on Thursday Night.  

This way hopefully Hue can allow and get the rookie mentally and physically ready for the home opener with the Steelers, being played in September instead of January for a change!   ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bob806    127
3 hours ago, BrownsDawgPound said:

 

This way hopefully Hue can allow and get the rookie mentally and physically ready for the home opener with the Steelers, being played in September instead of January for a change!   ;)

I wish the NFL wouldn't schedule division games in week #1. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
syd    22
3 hours ago, BrownsDawgPound said:

Hope the Browns both limit DeShone Kizer to a few offensive series, then let Osweiler play at least one full half of football in the preseason finale at Chicago so the Browns can shop him or cut/waive Ossi so the Browns won't have to pay his hefty $17 million contract in 2017 on September 2.

Then have Kessler get some playing time and mix at QB against the Bears on Thursday Night.  

This way hopefully Hue can allow and get the rookie mentally and physically ready for the home opener with the Steelers, being played in September instead of January for a change!   ;)

fuck Kessler he sucks Hogan or find a qb through the waiver wire to back up kizer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
D Bone    552
42 minutes ago, syd said:

find a qb through the waiver wire to back up kizer

So glad you're not running the team. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ghoolie    384

Aren't you fuckers just brilliant?

It only took you since the draft to start chanting what I have been telling you all along. Kizer is the only QB the Browns have. He should have been named the starter from day one.

ALl this fucking horse fuck about " He is finally ready" is your fucking way of living with the reality that Hue Jackoff is doing now, what I told him to do 4 months ago.WOW  WOW  WOW............... what a huge fucking development. Idiots. Waste of 4 months to do what I told you should have been done as soon as they drafted him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ghoolie    384
6 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

You kizer fanboys need to understand that he's going to piss u off alot this season. Hopefully he makes sone spectacular off setting plays. But he's going to make sone very rookie mistakes once he has to start running for life every down. Its gonna happen 

He is also going to get injured pretty early on. Perhaps as early as the Steeler game. He holds on to the fucking ball too long, and he is a run-first QB. Not a good combination.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Clevfan4life    278
31 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

He is also going to get injured pretty early on. Perhaps as early as the Steeler game. He holds on to the fucking ball too long, and he is a run-first QB. Not a good combination.

 

I'm not in complete disagreement. But I like what I see. Unfortunately he's the best QB on our staff right now. I don't understand why we let McCown go. Would have been perfect for him to start the season and let Kizer take over later. Osweiler, Kessler and Hogan are awful. At least Kizers mistakes have some MPH on them. Watching the other 3 float balls into the opposing secondary is infuriating. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gumby73    300
8 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Aren't you fuckers just brilliant?

It only took you since the draft to start chanting what I have been telling you all along. Kizer is the only QB the Browns have. He should have been named the starter from day one.

ALl this fucking horse fuck about " He is finally ready" is your fucking way of living with the reality that Hue Jackoff is doing now, what I told him to do 4 months ago.WOW  WOW  WOW............... what a huge fucking development. Idiots. Waste of 4 months to do what I told you should have been done as soon as they drafted him.

Hey Lurch, Did you Ring bitch?   https://imgur.com/FyCk9us     Jim Brown did..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

our defense wins us games and this kid gets all the credit?... he looked like shit on saturday, coleman bailed him out on a few circus catches. he threw one int, one should have been int. After the int he did not complete a pass. Atleast 2 other passes this preseason should have been picked 1 dropped and one called back on a chinsy penalty. as the game has involved more and more starters he has looked worse. Starter Arm with a Backup Game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×