THE BROWNS BOARD

I Trust In Kizer

beyster

After last night's game, Kizer's ascension to the starting role isn't a rush job, and he looks to FINALLY be the quarterback that I've been saying all along that the Browns need: A playmaker at the position.

From what I can see based on these 3 preseason games, the team will most likely be spending next years draft picks on playmaking WR's (because so far only Coleman has shown any form of consistency) and a FS, maybe even another TE, for Njoku has been slow in his development. If they can resign Crowell, then you're looking at strengthening the secondary and back up positions.

Oh, and Gonzales doesn't look like he's going to make the cut, for I've seen a LOT of Parkey out there.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Alkid3 said:

Parkey also missed a kick. Zane is their guy. 

Considering our O will probably stall a lot, we need a kicker that is accurate  from beyond 50, Zane is that guy, Last nights kick was in a downpour. 

Well, one thing thats really notable is that Gonzalez is one of only 4 kickers who has not had a ball returned yet......he has zero return yards, while many other kickers have already given up hundreds of yards....

I think that missing a 55 yarder, in the driving rain, in your 3rd game ever, is no reason to be cut......those are silly expectations, if you think it is....Parkey missed 5 out of 12, in the 40's, last season.....and probably woulda missed that 55 yarder last night too...

only making 7 outta 12 in the 40;s is not that good.....My guess is Gonzalez will be the guy

3 minutes ago, Alkid3 said:

Ok now pull up Parkeys stats from last year.

We never play in January, just sayin

14 minutes ago, beyster said:

Zane hasn't shown me to be that guy. if you're missing kicks in the rain, how can you make kicks in December/January?

We never play in January, just sayin

Quoted wrong post above

2 minutes ago, Alkid3 said:

I was referring to all his missed field goals.

I quoted wrong post, that was meant for beyster

I trust that Kizer is not a Kicker :lol:..Were taking the youth path, It's Gonzo's job to lose & they say it's close. Just don't get Tabor stupid trying to put Gonzo on PS..3 Parkey's with his pair of pear trees will be on the streets soon..That extra point was big late by Gonzo..surely a test  

Hope the Browns both limit DeShone Kizer to a few offensive series, then let Osweiler play at least one full half of football in the preseason finale at Chicago so the Browns can shop him or cut/waive Ossi so the Browns won't have to pay his hefty $17 million contract in 2017 on September 2.

Then have Kessler get some playing time and mix at QB against the Bears on Thursday Night.  

This way hopefully Hue can allow and get the rookie mentally and physically ready for the home opener with the Steelers, being played in September instead of January for a change!   ;)

3 hours ago, BrownsDawgPound said:

This way hopefully Hue can allow and get the rookie mentally and physically ready for the home opener with the Steelers, being played in September instead of January for a change!   ;)

I wish the NFL wouldn't schedule division games in week #1. 

3 hours ago, BrownsDawgPound said:

Hope the Browns both limit DeShone Kizer to a few offensive series, then let Osweiler play at least one full half of football in the preseason finale at Chicago so the Browns can shop him or cut/waive Ossi so the Browns won't have to pay his hefty $17 million contract in 2017 on September 2.

Then have Kessler get some playing time and mix at QB against the Bears on Thursday Night.  

fuck Kessler he sucks Hogan or find a qb through the waiver wire to back up kizer

Aren't you fuckers just brilliant?

It only took you since the draft to start chanting what I have been telling you all along. Kizer is the only QB the Browns have. He should have been named the starter from day one.

ALl this fucking horse fuck about " He is finally ready" is your fucking way of living with the reality that Hue Jackoff is doing now, what I told him to do 4 months ago.WOW  WOW  WOW............... what a huge fucking development. Idiots. Waste of 4 months to do what I told you should have been done as soon as they drafted him.

6 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

You kizer fanboys need to understand that he's going to piss u off alot this season. Hopefully he makes sone spectacular off setting plays. But he's going to make sone very rookie mistakes once he has to start running for life every down. Its gonna happen 

He is also going to get injured pretty early on. Perhaps as early as the Steeler game. He holds on to the fucking ball too long, and he is a run-first QB. Not a good combination.

31 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

He is also going to get injured pretty early on. Perhaps as early as the Steeler game. He holds on to the fucking ball too long, and he is a run-first QB. Not a good combination.

I'm not in complete disagreement. But I like what I see. Unfortunately he's the best QB on our staff right now. I don't understand why we let McCown go. Would have been perfect for him to start the season and let Kizer take over later. Osweiler, Kessler and Hogan are awful. At least Kizers mistakes have some MPH on them. Watching the other 3 float balls into the opposing secondary is infuriating. 

8 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Aren't you fuckers just brilliant?

It only took you since the draft to start chanting what I have been telling you all along. Kizer is the only QB the Browns have. He should have been named the starter from day one.

ALl this fucking horse fuck about " He is finally ready" is your fucking way of living with the reality that Hue Jackoff is doing now, what I told him to do 4 months ago.WOW  WOW  WOW............... what a huge fucking development. Idiots. Waste of 4 months to do what I told you should have been done as soon as they drafted him.

Hey Lurch, Did you Ring bitch?   https://imgur.com/FyCk9us     Jim Brown did..

our defense wins us games and this kid gets all the credit?... he looked like shit on saturday, coleman bailed him out on a few circus catches. he threw one int, one should have been int. After the int he did not complete a pass. Atleast 2 other passes this preseason should have been picked 1 dropped and one called back on a chinsy penalty. as the game has involved more and more starters he has looked worse. Starter Arm with a Backup Game.

To be fair, "starter arm with a backup game" describes the first season of Ben's career as well. And Favre's.  And Aaron Rodgers'.  That's just three HallOfFamers I can think of pre-coffee this morning.

Dan Marino's not buying a house in Berea any time soon.. need to move those "expectations" to more realistic ones.

From the article:

"I'm not arguing with the verdict. I'm just telling you there aren't many people around the league who think Kizer should be an NFL starter in Week 1. "

OK-so? When he's the best you have you deal with it and make him better. Bottom line.

7 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

From the article:

"I'm not arguing with the verdict. I'm just telling you there aren't many people around the league who think Kizer should be an NFL starter in Week 1. "

OK-so? When he's the best you have you deal with it and make him better. Bottom line.

No Doubt. Just saw a rare article without the hearts and flowers. I'm not one of the sit and learn stalwarts, but I do realize there's a chance of a career-threatening injury coming out of the gate.

Hit that 20, there are four aces in the deck.

WSS

Yep. If Osweiler had shown that he could give the Browns a better chance, he would be the guy.

but he didn't. Too bad for Kizer - but this team wants to win, and win now. and they have the defense

that can back it up. Kizer has the mental makeup - very, very smart, and has the mental strength to handle

adversity. He can do it, let him roll with it. Os hasn't mastered his fundamentals after all this time, he just

isn't athletic enough. too bad - Kizer sure the heck IS.

Archived