THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns looking at WR trade ?

darren15

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

Favre is also lifetime #1 in being sacked.

I suspect that if they had a count of the most snaps taken by an NFL QB....he would lead by a large margin. He leads by a large margin in the number of games played:    322.   Peyton played in 292.  Brady has played in 269 (will he catch Favre?..he would have to start 3 and a half more full seasons to do so).  Marino 258, Elway 251  Tarkenton 244,  Brees 240,  Vinny T. 218,  Moon 213, Eli 211

Earlier I had said that Favre started the most losing games in a career.  That was wrong.  Vinny Testaverde had more losses as a starting QB than anyone in history.  126.

Some of you make it sound like you think that Favre was on Vinny T.s level.  But no:

Favre 199-123 as a starter

Vinny: 92-126

Only two other QBs ever lost over 100 games in their careers:  Tarkenton  114 and Marino 103.   Eli Manning could likely join that group this year as he has 95 career losses to date.

Eli does have a long way to go to catch his brother in total games played:  Peyton 292, Eli now at 211.

18 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Well...you conveniently left out the fact that Favre had 10, 169 passing attempts, to George Blanda's 4007.   More than 2.5 times more attempts.

Did not leave anything out as my intent was merely to show that Mr. First Ballot is the career INT leader by a wide margin...

Can't say the same for career TDs...

Rank Player TD Years Tm
1 Peyton Manning 539 1998-2015 2TM
2 Brett Favre+ 508 1991-2010 4TM

... but the real fun comes when you look at career passer rating. T-28th... with Trent Green...

25 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Did not leave anything out as my intent was merely to show that Mr. First Ballot is the career INT leader by a wide margin...

Can't say the same for career TDs...

Rank Player TD Years Tm
1 Peyton Manning 539 1998-2015 2TM
2 Brett Favre+ 508 1991-2010 4TM

... but the real fun comes when you look at career passer rating. T-28th... with Trent Green...

We all know that the career passer rating system can be Bollix.   Chad Pennington, Colin Kaepernick, Jeff Garcia, Ryan Tannehill, Matt Schaub...and others of that ilk have better passer ratings than him.  You want them instead?

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

Nope... So I am consistent, whereas you...

Are consistent as well in that I have never wavered from maintaining that Brett Favre is a great QB. 

But you equate Favre with Trent Green.  Now, just how do you think any objective person would view that opinion? 

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, beyster said:

So here's what i'm thinking...

A 5th rounder to get Pryor back. 

I like it

4 hours ago, Mark O said:

Why do we want a guy who can't seem to find the field in Washington?

Maybe Hue just knows how to get the best out of him.

• 2 weeks later...

Been confirmed by league sources we tried to trade for Pryor before the trade deadline...Redskins refused......so we realized we screwed up with Britt and tried to get the player we let walk by using draft picks......front office is a joke

6 hours ago, darren15 said:

Been confirmed by league sources we tried to trade for Pryor before the trade deadline...Redskins refused......so we realized we screwed up with Britt and tried to get the player we let walk by using draft picks......front office is a joke

Not sure a 4 year 32.5 Million dollar (17 mil guaranteed) offer is "letting a guy walk"

But I'd take back last years leading Browns WR on an 8 game prove it look for a 6th or 7th round pick seeing how the Browns are the youngest team in the league and the chances of a 6th rounder making the team are slim to none.

Archived