THE BROWNS BOARD

Hurricane prediction

Westside Steve

The Democrats and the MSM are feverishly working on different , but basically fake, stories in which they can blame Donald Trump for whatever happens during the hurricane the rescue operations and the rebuilding. They remember Katrina and think they have a gold mine here no matter what events take place. Take it to the bank.

WSS

24 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

The Democrats and the MSM are feverishly working on different , but basically fake, stories in which they can blame Donald Trump for whatever happens during the hurricane the rescue operations and the rebuilding. They remember Katrina and think they have a gold mine here no matter what events take place. Take it to the bank.

WSS

FEMA is  on top of it with all the resources they have, but this thing is like nothing we've ever seen in history in that it's just camped out now feeding likely another 2-3 ft. of  rain on top of an already underwater Houston and all communities surrounding it. Most Hurricanes just blow on through and dump their rain as they go. This one just sits and recharges from its tentacles in the gulf.

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

FEMA is  on top of it with all the resources they have, but this thing is like nothing we've ever seen in history in that it's just camped out now feeding likely another 2-3 ft. of  rain on top of an already underwater Houston and all communities surrounding it. Most Hurricanes just blow on through and dump their rain as they go. This one just sits and recharges from its tentacles in the gulf.

No doubt that's true. It's not the point I'm making but...

WSS

Well I'm here trapped in my neighborhood right now.   This happens every now and then, but never this high.  It's no ones fault, the city is built on a bayou.  In fact, Sylvester Turner has been ambitious to fix a lot of drainage issues.  He's actually been the most help in that regard.

Anyway they can't mass evacuate because gas supplies are low.  People who run out of gas will create traffic jams.   Much greater potential for death at that point.  You couldn't find a hotel all the way to Dallas anyway.  You would eventually be at the mercy of the storm.

Your car is a mobile home at this point.  You really need to use it strategically.

43 minutes ago, htownbrown said:

Well I'm here trapped in my neighborhood right now.   This happens every now and then, but never this high.  It's no ones fault, the city is built on a bayou.  In fact, Sylvester Turner has been ambitious to fix a lot of drainage issues.  He's actually been the most help in that regard.

Anyway they can't mass evacuate because gas supplies are low.  People who run out of gas will create traffic jams.   Much greater potential for death at that point.  You couldn't find a hotel all the way to Dallas anyway.  You would eventually be at the mercy of the storm.

Your car is a mobile home at this point.  You really need to use it strategically.

Praying for you that is about all I can do here in Ohio ( I will see if I can donate to help). I can't even imagine how bad things are down there.  Watching the news tonight and they said the rain thus far is only about half of what they are expecting.

14 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Praying for you that is about all I can do here in Ohio ( I will see if I can donate to help). I can't even imagine how bad things are down there.  Watching the news tonight and they said the rain thus far is only about half of what they are expecting.

Under the "I want to support"you can hit the scroll button and find Hurricane Harvey

https://www.redcross.org/donate/disaster-relief?scode=RSG00000E017&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Disaster|Brand&utm_term=%2Bred %2Bcross %2Bhurricane&utm_content=Hurricane Generic&gclid=CKmu1uzE-NUCFTA-MgodLX0P7g&gclsrc=ds&dclid=CM2G3OzE-NUCFR04Twodw-YFeA

10 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

WSS

WTF Steve. A natural disaster, and putting it in a political forum.

Our world is going bananas, don't join the fray.

57 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

There is nothing wrong with that article.

Saying the mayor is willing to sacrifice thousands of lives to spite the governor because of being an opposing political belief in an attempt to discredit the man is beyond wrong and it borders on psychotic assumption.  

Again, fucking pathetic. 

The disgusting putrid right wing knows no bounds. politisizing this disaster by accising liberal mayors of politisizing the lives of their constituents. These arent even republicans technically anymore. Its a subset of the himan species with reptilian ancestry and those old reptilian genes being expressed on their nervous systems compels then to express the most repugnant concepts the fantasy parts of the brain can conjure

2 hours ago, Bob806 said:

WTF Steve. A natural disaster, and putting it in a political forum.

Our world is going bananas, don't join the fray.

No, I think Steve makes a solid point. The dems screwed over Bush about Katrina - it was a farce.

It is not far-fetched to think they will do it to Trump, too - they are after Trump a lot fiercer than they were Bush.

Every single thing about the dimwiticrats is political.

8 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Too late

That's probably true. Just driving home from the island yesterday I heard a couple of pundits arguing about whether or not it was too soon or too late for Trump to visit Texas. I think we can all agree that a presidential visit to a disaster site is pretty meaningless but this debate was whether he just didn't care hence waiting a few days or it was too early and his political presence would interfere with the rescue operation. Seriously.

But I guess we will see soon enough if that kind of silliness gets worse and worse.

WSS

Our prays go out to those suffering thru this devastation in Texas. Living in NC, we have lived all thru these horrid pictures in Hurricane Floyd. But this just looks horribly worse..Stay safe & God be with you..If Houston did not evacuate due to losing large city profits? Your :(      

The story behind the nursing home residents rescued from waist high water. I heard the daughter this morning say it started with a toilet that backed up and in 15 min. went to the waist deep water. The desperate owner could get no help so sent the picture to son/daughter to tweet out. Our National Guard responded with big trucks and saved them all. God Bless America.

http://time.com/4917743/la-vita-bella-nursing-home-dickinson-texas-photo/

2 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

The story behind the nursing home residents rescued from waist high water. I heard the daughter this morning say it started with a toilet that backed up and in 15 min. went to the waist deep water. The desperate owner could get no help so sent the picture to son/daughter to tweet out. Our National Guard responded with big trucks and saved them all. God Bless America.

http://time.com/4917743/la-vita-bella-nursing-home-dickinson-texas-photo/

They all do amazing work.

WSS

Archived