THE BROWNS BOARD

Gordon news

jcam222

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, jcam222 said:

I feel like this thing is happening, he is coming back. I think it will take a few weeks but if he does by mid season Kizer to Gordon is going to be giving every one of you raging boners LOL. Shits about to get real. 

You rpobly read the same thing I did...

It's legit...alot of moving parts, but Josh is finally complying.

31 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

Interesting... as were some of the OP's follow up posts.

Chud wanted EJ Emanual... explains a good chink of his departure.

18 minutes ago, wargograw said:

Huh?

There was some stress inducing crisis... IIRC a paternity claim.

I've gone to the corner store for cigs under much less stressful circumstances...

18 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

He needs to be better than the last time we saw him..

Alligator arms + no effort either cutting or blocking.. can be achieved much cheaper.

It wasn't his fault, he was just drunk. 

OK- Lord knows we could use a talent like Gordon, even at 50% he's better than anything we're featuring with that scrap heap after Coleman. But inquiring minds want to know- if he's been "compliant" why the hell did Goodell effectively tack on a two game suspension, on top of what he's already been ass whipped for in the past? 

7 hours ago, hoorta said:

OK- Lord knows we could use a talent like Gordon, even at 50% he's better than anything we're featuring with that scrap heap after Coleman. But inquiring minds want to know- if he's been "compliant" why the hell did Goodell effectively tack on a two game suspension, on top of what he's already been ass whipped for in the past? 

It's almost like a narrative by Gordon apologists is being made that he's the victim of big, bad Roger Goodell.

3 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

It's almost like a narrative by Gordon apologists is being made that he's the victim of big, bad Roger Goodell.

Well no matter what you think it sure looks from the outside like he's being singled out for a little extra punishment. Especially given the treatment of some other players around the league.

WSS

6 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Well no matter what you think it sure looks from the outside like he's being singled out for a little extra punishment. Especially given the treatment of some other players around the league.

WSS

Possibly, or possibly there's been more to this story that Gordon and his camp has been letting on for years and because the NFL cannot release the details, people have run with the "the NFL is picking on a Browns player", because if there is something we Cleveland sports fans do well, its create a "Cleveland vs the World" narrative, if its real or imagined.

4 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Possibly, or possibly there's been more to this story that Gordon and his camp has been letting on for years and because the NFL cannot release the details, people have run with the "the NFL is picking on a Browns player", because if there is something we Cleveland sports fans do well, its create a "Cleveland vs the World" narrative, if its real or imagined.

It is obvious to me that this is a Gordon problem and not a Goodell problem. And it started and has been ongoing since even before Baylor was in the picture. He's really just Ricky 2.0, another great career ruined by himself.

31 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Possibly, or possibly there's been more to this story....... real or imagined.

So.....do you know there is more than the common knowledge stuff.....or just imagining it?

Here's what we know.....1) codiene....2) 0.15 nl.......3) drinky poo....4)missed test......is there more?

Personally.....dont care about Goodell....or Gordon.....who is right.....who is evil....who's at fault....etc....

If he's available....I want Josh catching balls for the Browns......and if he's not available, then I dont give 2 shits about what he's doing, who he hangs out with or why......

7 minutes ago, Mudfly said:

So.....do you know there is more than the common knowledge stuff.....or just imagining it?

Here's what we know.....1) codiene....2) 0.15 nl.......3) drinky poo....4)missed test......is there more?

Personally.....dont care about Goodell....or Gordon.....who is right.....who is evil....who's at fault....etc....

If he's available....I want Josh catching balls for the Browns......and if he's not available, then I dont give 2 shits about what he's doing, who he hangs out with or why......

No, I don't. That's the point.

The NFL cannot come out and give us a blow-by-blow account of every indiscretion Josh Gordon has had since entering the NFL. All we can go by is what we've heard has happened, and to be honest, I wouldn't put it past Gordon's people to leak "news" that makes it seem like their guy is getting a raw deal. Why not? They know the NFL can't come out and release the facts of the case.

Just remember guys, this is the same Josh Gordon who had to enter the NFL via the supplemental draft because he'd burned through multiple college football bridges. This seems to be who he is. Hopefully I and others are wrong, he's grown up, now will take his football career seriously and get back to being the dominating WR we saw four years ago. His history, though, indicates that this will not happen.

19 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Just remember guys, this is the same Josh Gordon who had to enter the NFL via the supplemental draft because he'd burned through multiple college football bridges. This seems to be who he is. Hopefully I and others are wrong, he's grown up, now will take his football career seriously and get back to being the dominating WR we saw four years ago. His history, though, indicates that this will not happen.

And my point is that this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ has been said 52,789 times on this board......its an extremely tired conversation......

and that there are no new points to make.......

If he plays.....great......if he doesnt....no one cares.....(anymore)

13 minutes ago, Mudfly said:

And my point is that this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ has been said 52,789 times on this board......its an extremely tired conversation......

and that there are no new points to make.......

If he plays.....great......if he doesnt....no one cares.....(anymore)

It's an extremely tired conversation that you felt the need to argue.

Got it.

57 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

It's an extremely tired conversation that you felt the need to argue.

Got it.

Upper right corner of homepage..search..Type in Gordon topics..We'll hear from ya about middle of next week..the short version..Roger owns all the coloring books & crayons..Honestly, were all Gordon'd out till he points the finger at Himself..So far Roger pointed at the Rehab Building, Gordon just followed Roger's finger

35 minutes ago, Mudfly said:

I didnt even realize I was arguing about anything...really just thought I said it's a tired convo and debate.....

Maybe you're imagining it....

Pretty sure that's arguing about debating.^_^:P:rolleyes:

You should go over to the politics board where all the master(de)baters hang out talking about the good ole days of Obama and Hillarity bashing.:D

I would argue there is no debate.....just extreme apathy for the Gordon thing.....

But Ill summarize the 57.897 posts......in one simple post....

1) Josh Gordon is a drug addict loser

2) Josh Gordon was a drug addict loser in college

3) Josh Gordon is the most talented receiver weve evr had

4) Josh Gordon will return

5) Josh Gordon will never return

6) Goodell is unfair

7) Goodell is fair

8) Josh Gordon hasnt done anything a thousand other players havent done

9) Josh Gordon has done this to himself

10) If he was a Steeler, patriot or Raven this wouldnt be happening

11) He's only got popped for weed once

12) Maybe he's done something else

13) Josh shouldnt hang with Manziel

Ok.....thats a wrap....

19 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Pretty sure that's arguing about debating.^_^:P:rolleyes:

You should go over to the politics board where all the master(de)baters hang out talking about the good ole days of Obama and Hillarity bashing.:D

There is no way in hell I'm venturing over to that dark corner of the board. I envision an area where the red hat "MAGA" guys are just pounding on their keyboards BENGHAZI over and over in a vain attempt to convince themselves that their little hands orange nightmare of a hero won't be impeached eventually. No. Thank. You. :lol:

17 minutes ago, Mudfly said:

I would argue there is no debate.....just extreme apathy for the Gordon thing.....

6) Goodell is unfair

7) Goodell is fair

Ok.....thats a wrap....

Fair enough, it has been beaten into the ground on the board I came from too, with far fewer posters.

Just as long as we all know you weren't arguing or debating, because as you pointed out, you are far too apathetic to continue to respond to such a tired conversation, even though you kept doing it. :lol:

3 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

2 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

The NFL cannot come out and give us a blow-by-blow account of every indiscretion Josh Gordon has had since entering the NFL. All we can go by is what we've heard has happened, and to be honest, I wouldn't put it past Gordon's people to leak "news" that makes it seem like their guy is getting a raw deal. Why not? They know the NFL can't come out and release the facts of the case.

Well said. We'll see what happens.

Mike

33 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Fair enough, it has been beaten into the ground on the board I came from too, with far fewer posters.

Just as long as we all know you weren't arguing or debating, because as you pointed out, you are far too apathetic to continue to respond to such a tired conversation, even though you kept doing it. :lol:

I can only read that nonsense..Are captain of defense Calfox firing minstrel cramps at Department of Woody's:o    

42 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Fair enough, #1) it has been beaten into the ground on the board I came from too, with far fewer posters.

Just as long as #2) we all know you weren't arguing or debating, because as you pointed out, #3)you are far too apathetic to continue to respond to such a tired conversation, even though you kept doing it. :lol:

1) yes it has....which is the only point Ive made here....albiet, several times....

2) not about the merits of Josh Gordon or what he has or hasnt done.....(though you clearly cant differentiate between those discussions)

3) see #2

2 hours ago, Mudfly said:

Do people really check into a drug rehab program if they aren't having difficulty staying clean?  That happened last September when he was just 4 weeks away from coming off another suspension.  For a guy that was supposed to be working his way back to playing again - it's a painful reminder he was still using throughout the suspension to the extent he finally sought help.  Inevitably, the sex, drugs and rock and roll throughout the fun he was having off the field (during suspension) added a baby.

Suddenly, we're right back to the skipping record sincerity that began way back at Baylor throughout 3 failed tests and another at Utah that said he owed it to family, friends and football fans to take his God-given talents more seriously.  If the trend of piss test failures didn't date back about 8 years, the sincerity and best shape of his life stuff sure would be a lot easier to trust this time around. Unfortunately, the WR position group desperately needs an elite talent and so does Kizer. Let's hope this "Up in Smoke" sequel here finally gets us to "and they lived happily ever after in Cleveland..." 

4 minutes ago, Flugel said:

Do people really check into a drug rehab program if they aren't having difficulty staying clean?  That happened last September when he was just 4 weeks away from coming off another suspension.  For a guy that was supposed to be working his way back to playing again - it's a painful reminder he was still using throughout the suspension to the extent he finally sought help.  Inevitably, the sex, drugs and rock and roll throughout the fun he was having off the field (during suspension) added a baby.

Suddenly, we're right back to the skipping record sincerity that began way back at Baylor throughout 3 failed tests and another at Utah that said he owed it to family, friends and football fans to take his God-given talents more seriously.  If the trend of piss test failures didn't date back about 8 years, the sincerity and best shape of his life stuff sure would be a lot easier to trust this time around. Unfortunately, the WR position group desperately needs an elite talent and so does Kizer. Let's hope this "Up in Smoke" sequel here finally gets us to "and they lived happily ever after in Cleveland..." 

Well, there's a refreshing take......

I get it.....maybe he'll screw up again, maybe he wont......maybe we should trust him, but then again, probably not.....maybe he'll find his way back, but then again, maybe not....did I miss anything?....oh, and he had a baby....yeehaw!

1 hour ago, Mudfly said:

Well, there's a refreshing take......

I get it......did I miss anything?.... oh, and he had a baby....yeehaw!

:lol: You got twisted nipples over me adding/explaining why there wasn't a 2016 season from Josh  in response to your preference to excuse every test he didn't pass to no potsies?  God bless ya!

Your new favorite line of "did I miss anything?" is adorable all the way up until someone answers it.    So, you'd rather have me walking on egg shells with a bunch of compliments instead of challenging something you're purposely leaving out?  Wouldn't you say needing drug rehab in Sept 2016 was a HUGE confession of using drugs during a period he was supposed to be clean in his return to work plan?   Geee, why would I want to reintroduce the reason(s) Josh remained suspended after people diverted attention away from that after War 1st brought it up?  It's a pretty significant part of the context and flow of this discussion regardless of how inconvenient you found it. 

Are we done getting sassy with our buddy Flugel?

3 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

It's an extremely tired conversation that you felt the need to argue. Got it.

Before I could point out that all you'd seen so far was not a Mud argument, but only a Mud opinion, up popped...

2 hours ago, Mudfly said:

6) Goodell is unfair

7) Goodell is fair

Ok.....thats a wrap....

1 hour ago, Flugel said:

it's a painful reminder he was still using throughout the suspension to the extent he finally sought help.

Facts not in evidence. It's far more likely that Josh admitted himself either when he felt himself slipping or did in fact slip up at the last moment.

Think about it. How many jars of his piss do yo think were collected "throughout the suspension"? What do you think they say?

2 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

There is no way in hell I'm venturing over to that dark corner of the board. I envision an area where the red hat "MAGA" guys are just pounding on their keyboards BENGHAZI over and over in a vain attempt to convince themselves that their little hands orange nightmare of a hero won't be impeached eventually. No. Thank. You. :lol:

Apparently you have peeked...

Archived