THE BROWNS BOARD

Gordon news

jcam222

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do.....Im just 100% totally completely burned out on speculating and talking about it.....weve had THIS discussion a million times(2 million, in fact)....

So...like I said....call me when it's reality.....and he's on the field....catching passes for the Browns.....otherwise(see above)

I'm starting to think there's a better chance of seeing Jimmy Hoffa on Dancing With The Stars  next season than ever seeing Josh Gordon on a NFL field again. It would be fantastic if he straightened out his life, got reinstated, and played at the level he did years ago, but the chances of that unfortunately are probably slim to none. 

8 hours ago, jcam222 said:

Totally understand the cynicism, having said that you can't tell me you don't want to see him on the field for us. 

Of course we do.

24 minutes ago, wargograw said:

What happened to the rehab he did instead of joining the Browns last season?

^^^^ IIRC, Josh checked himself into rehab last year right before he was going to get cleared to play. So why did the league tell him to do another rehab stint, if he was clean for an entire year? We're the Cleveland Browns, not the Betty Ford Clinic. 

From the Twitter feed:   

"Josh Gordon is the biggest waste of talent around. He's failed about 6 times in 3 years. Goodell sucks, but this is Gordon's fault."

3 replies0 retweets9 likes

Retweet

13 hours ago, Orion said:

Now it's LATE September?!  

... and I really should be getting... back to school...

15 hours ago, jcam222 said:

https://t.co/UVmas6uDrl. Being reported JG entered rehab at the leagues direction 2 months ago. Cole saying he may be back in by late September.  I'm not going to hold my breath but IMO Kizer to Gordon on top the rest of this teams improvments = wildcard spot

Not quite what the tweet said which was: " Optimistic note on WR Josh Gordon: Sources said went to rehab 2 months ago in cooperation w/ #NFL in hopes of being reinstated in late Sept."

Reads to me like NFL is looking for additional assurances that there will be no more backsliding so he went in for evaluation.

Good luck, Josh... but I think the bigger question now is what do you have left that hasn't rusted away?

1 minute ago, Tour2ma said:

Not quite what the tweet said which was: " Optimistic note on WR Josh Gordon: Sources said went to rehab 2 months ago in cooperation w/ #NFL in hopes of being reinstated in late Sept."

Reads to me like NFL is looking for additional assurances that there will be no more backsliding so he went in for evaluation.

Good luck, Josh... but I think the bigger question now is what do you have left that hasn't rusted away?

Can't be any worse than pryor I would believe. If he can shake off the rust then good for us. Bad for whoever is the 7 th wr on the squad.

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Late September at best when he'd be near useless.  Inquiring minds want to know why he wasn't reinstated earlier in the year.  

https://www.ohio.com/akron/sports/browns/report-suspended-browns-receiver-josh-gordon-went-to-rehab-in-hopes-of-nfl-reinstating-him-in-late-september#.WaF2q79zVX8.twitter

Daryl RuiterVerified account @RuiterWrongFAN 5h5 hours ago

Report: Suspended Browns WR Josh Gordon Hopes For September Reinstatement Following Another Rehab Stint

Odd, since the last I heard the Commissioner said it wasn't even under consideration.

Archived