THE BROWNS BOARD

More assholes

Westside Steve

Oh i def think the statue of a man who had his men smash infants over rocks, should be left where it is. In fact i think columbus day has been minimized in recent years, it should be our biggest holiday. Way bigger than thebirthday if that snowflakey millenial like pussy jesus. That communist cunt

With the confederates one has to acknowledge that they were fighting for more than just slavery....the civil war is nuanced. Which is why i support an individual towns desire to do with a civil war statue dafuq they please. Keep it or get rid of it its none of our business. 

Columbus tho was a sociopath who smashed babies over rocks of parents who refused to work in his gold mines. He sent 9 ye old giirls back to spain to be sex slaves. I could go on but a quick google of his atrocities is enough to question ur childhood

Of course the Vikings butchered raped and enslaved the people they conquered, the American Indians butchered raped and enslaved not only white captjves but members of other tribes. The Union Army committed unspeakable atrocities under the stewardship of Honest Abe Russian soldiers in World War II Turks Mongols Greeks Romans, the list really does go on forever. And at the end of the day to those of you who want to whitewash this history and remove it from the history books and the town squares all over the world, well I just think you're idiots. And I don't think you care. I think you just want to be assholes and piss somebody off.

WSS

Columbus gathered up the jews being kicked out of Spain by the "catholics" in order to bring them to the new world 

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/columbus-sets-sail-judaic-treasures

and many biblical scholars point to this as one of the reasons this nation was blessed by God  

becoming a refuge for those who were mistreated....

18 minutes ago, FairHooker11 said:

Columbus gathered up the jews being kicked out of Spain by the "catholics" in order to bring them to the new world 

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/columbus-sets-sail-judaic-treasures

and many biblical scholars point to this as one of the reasons this nation was blessed by God  

becoming a refuge for those who were mistreated....

I know you are a Christian so I will post this to you knowing others will not understand. I have always believed the best way to be blessed is to treat Jewish people well and the bible says exactly that in Genesis 12:3. God says He will bless those who bless His people and on the other hand curse those who curse His people. The best way for our nation to be blessed is to support Israel. 

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

Of course the Vikings butchered raped and enslaved the people they conquered, the American Indians butchered raped and enslaved not only white captjves but members of other tribes. The Union Army committed unspeakable atrocities under the stewardship of Honest Abe Russian soldiers in World War II Turks Mongols Greeks Romans, the list really does go on forever. And at the end of the day to those of you who want to whitewash this history and remove it from the history books and the town squares all over the world, well I just think you're idiots. And I don't think you care. I think you just want to be assholes and piss somebody off.

WSS

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

"Those were the days my friend
We thought they'd never end
We'd sing and dance forever and a day
We'd live the life we choose
We'd fight and never lose
For we were young and sure to have our way."

In South America Columbus' name is Colon, so technically he isn't an asshole, but relatively close:P

2 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

WSS

I'm curious as to what history of Columbus' has been whitewashed?  Again, he didn't discover America and he was insanely barbaric.       I'm focused on the singular topic here.  

31 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

I'm curious as to what history of Columbus' has been whitewashed?  Again, he didn't discover America and he was insanely barbaric.       I'm focused on the singular topic here.  

Sure. Whitewashed means eliminating whatever little piece of History we had from the books so we can be completely politically correct. But keep in mind if the Vikings actually discovered America they have their own list of misdeeds which we must certainly Purge from the books correct? I suppose  it would be righteous to change the name of our state capital, correct? If not why? I'm just asking if any of these Union Generals or their leader who in effect ordered the butchery (or war crimes as we would call them had they not been Victorious) the Indians who were barbaric etc etc should have all their memorials removed? Maybe change the names of rivers cities and states named after the natives? Or just the ones that offend your own particular favorite voting blocs?

WSS

I have no voting block.  Your misattempts to label as such are... Cal-esque.  Further you slip.  I even noticed you started picking up the 'knee jerk' phrase.  So I ask again because you pose questions not related to mine.   Why do we celebrate a man with literally no ties to the entirety of North America?    

I'm also well aware of war crimes and autraucties committed from those on differing sides of war, conquest and defense.  I make no excuse for it but every known country in the world has been shaped by said conquest.   Columbus, whether for good or bad, has no historical impact on America.    

As for renaming our capital - fair point.  I'm not certain how that could or would be handled.  However monuments honoring the man?    I don't care if they stand but I'm not going to complain if they fall either. 

"During the wars with the Indians, many European settlers were taken prisoner and held within Indian tribes. After a while, they had plenty of chances to escape and return, and yet they did not. In fact, when they were “rescued,” they fled and hid from their rescuers."

feeling less ignorant and uninformed steve?

2 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Sure. Whitewashed means eliminating whatever little piece of History we had from the books so we can be completely politically correct. But keep in mind if the Vikings actually discovered America they have their own list of misdeeds which we must certainly Purge from the books correct? I suppose  it would be righteous to change the name of our state capital, correct? If not why? I'm just asking if any of these Union Generals or their leader who in effect ordered the butchery (or war crimes as we would call them had they not been Victorious) the Indians who were barbaric etc etc should have all their memorials removed? Maybe change the names of rivers cities and states named after the natives? Or just the ones that offend your own particular favorite voting blocs?

WSS

Hey dumbass nobody is eliminating anybody from any books, they're removing honorrific tributes to men who were demonstrable monsters. What does a man have to do to not get honored by smerican society? Cause chopping peoples hands off and butchering their children because they refused to mine gold for you, gets you a statue and a fucking holiday nsmed after you. God ur a real scumbag steve

52 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

Yes so savage, so savage Franklin wrote this....http://www.wampumchronicles.com/benfranklin.html

Franklin? Hilarious.

WSS

2 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

I have no voting block.  Your misattempts to label as such are... Cal-esque.  Further you slip.  I even noticed you started picking up the 'knee jerk' phrase.  So I ask again because you pose questions not related to mine.   Why do we celebrate a man with literally no ties to the entirety of North America?    

I'm also well aware of war crimes and autraucties committed from those on differing sides of war, conquest and defense.  I make no excuse for it but every known country in the world has been shaped by said conquest.   Columbus, whether for good or bad, has no historical impact on America.    

As for renaming our capital - fair point.  I'm not certain how that could or would be handled.  However monuments honoring the man?    I don't care if they stand but I'm not going to complain if they fall either. 

Just for the record do you think it makes you smarter to imitate Woody or Cleve? If not you might remember that the Cal references don't bother me one way or the other. Unfortunately with some of you guys the knee-jerk reference is perfectly correct.

And again even though you think it might be tough to change the name of everything named after Columbus you'd probably be right. But unless I'm mistaken and you were just talking to hear yourself talk , don't you think that would be a positive goal?  Don't you think the United States would be a better place if we eliminated any town  named after Columbus ? Then again we probably need to change the name of everything named after anyone who did something you don't approve of. Which would of course include Lincoln Sherman and any Indian.

And your particular voting Bloc would include, I guess, anybody who is now after all these years offended by any of these outrageous statues or mentions. And you would have course sneer at anyone not among your favorites. For instance if I started insisting that the Fighting Irish logo be gotten rid of or the Minnesota Viking because of my heritage? Why wouldn't that be valid? Because as you know it's stupid.

WSS

14 hours ago, OldBrownsFan said:

I know you are a Christian so I will post this to you knowing others will not understand. I have always believed the best way to be blessed is to treat Jewish people well and the bible says exactly that in Genesis 12:3. God says He will bless those who bless His people and on the other hand curse those who curse His people. The best way for our nation to be blessed is to support Israel. 

Maybe you are familiar with Bill Koenigs book "Eye of  the storm"  ?  parallels of US policy regarding dividing Israel into 2 state solution, and the major storms that hit America during Bush adm.  Can there be another issue(s) with Kushners drive for the same?  Hurricane Harvey?

13 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

I have no voting block.  Your misattempts to label as such are... Cal-esque.  Further you slip.  I even noticed you started picking up the 'knee jerk' phrase.  

I'm not the only one seeing this change over the last year or so then?

2 hours ago, FairHooker11 said:

Maybe you are familiar with Bill Koenigs book "Eye of  the storm"  ?  parallels of US policy regarding dividing Israel into 2 state solution, and the major storms that hit America during Bush adm.  Can there be another issue(s) with Kushners drive for the same?  Hurricane Harvey?

Not familiar with the book but I will look it up. I was praying one time though (when Bush was president) and wondering why things were going so bad for Bush and his pushing Israel to give up land for peace was the answer I got.  I was disappointed Trump didn't follow through with his campaign promise of moving our embassy to Jerusalem and recognizing Jerusalem as the capital of Israel.

23 hours ago, OldBrownsFan said:

That seems awfully convenient. I bet I would write it that way too if I started a cult and wanted people to kiss my peoples' ass for eternity.

Just now, LogicIsForSquares said:

That seems awfully convenient. I bet I would write it that way too if I started a cult and wanted people to kiss my peoples' ass for eternity.

It is also convenient history has born this out. Those who have tried to stamp out this small group of people have come and gone but the Jewish people remain. Hitler did inflict major pain on the Jews in Germany but in the end his 1000 year Reich lasted but a few years and ended in ruin and disaster for him. Also out of that pain inflicted on the Jews came the birth of the nation of Israel.

The Essay

"If the statistics are right, the Jews constitute but one percent of the human race. It suggests a nebulous dim puff of star dust lost in the blaze of the Milky Way. Properly the Jew ought hardly to be heard of, but he is heard of, has always been heard of. He is as prominent on the planet as any other people, and his commercial importance is extravagantly out of proportion to the smallness of his bulk. His contributions to the world's list of great names in literature, science, art, music, finance, medicine, and abstruse learning are also away out of proportion to the weakness of his numbers. He has made a marvellous fight in the world, in all the ages; and has done it with his hands tied behind him. He could be vain of himself, and be excused for it. The Egyptian, the Babylonian, and the Persian rose, filled the planet with sound and splendor, then faded to dream-stuff and passed away; the Greek and the Roman followed, and made a vast noise, and they are gone; other peoples have sprung up and held their torch high for a time, but it burned out, and they sit in twilight now, or have vanished. The Jew saw them all, beat them all, and is now what he always was, exhibiting no decadence, no infirmities of age, no weakening of his parts, no slowing of his energies, no dulling of his alert and aggressive mind. All things are mortal but the Jew; all other forces pass, but he remains. What is the secret of his immortality?" (God OBF)

Mark Twain

So the Allies had nothing to do with ending the Reich? It was just some foregone conclusion that resulted from killing Jews?

OBF, I am a non-believer so you know how I shake out on this stuff and you are a believer so I know your take. However, I don't even think people of faith even attribute every thing that happens to a predetermined outcome.

Archived