THE BROWNS BOARD

The charlottesville protest was about more than the removal of the statue...

Clevfan4life

The removal of the statue is part of an ongoing court case evidently, one which all sides knew isn't going to come to a conclusion anytime soon. Apparently it was the renaming of the park from Lee park to whatever....that had infuriated the alt right. It's nobody's business with the town of Charlottesville does with that park or statue. If they voted to keep it, fine....none of the lefts business. If they vote to remove it and give it to someone else..which is what they want to do..fine, their business. It's not some Nazi from South Dakota's business whatsoever. If they wanted to destroy it, than maybe I could see an issue especially if someone was apt to buy it. 

But all this bullshit over a man who wrote this...."The blacks are immeasurably better off here than in Africa, morally, physically, and socially. The painful discipline they are undergoing is necessary for their further instruction as a race, and will prepare them, I hope, for better things. How long their servitude may be necessary is known and ordered by a merciful Providence. Their emancipation will sooner result from the mild and melting influences of Christianity than from the storm and tempest of fiery controversy. This influence, though slow, is sure. The doctrines and miracles of our Savior have required nearly two thousand years to convert but a small portion of the human race"

Slavery was alright "for awhile" cause it was necessary to convert all these colored people to Christianity. I'm "exactly" sure that when Jesus lived he thought to himself gosh I hope my message can one day be spread through brutal forcible enslavement with accompanying rape and pillage. I bet that was the apple in his eye as he lay on the cross. I'm chilling up here with my hands and feet nailed to this piece of wood so that one day people can be yanked off their lands and......well, you get it. 

Next cool story I hear about some white dude who's statue is about to be removed who wrote shit like this, my reaction is best summed up as thus....

Cleve Jesus said to love your neighbor as yourself. Those were His words. Because people have done wrong things in His name condemn them and not Him.

I agree with you though as for the statues let the communities where the confederate statues are make the decision if they go or stay.

36 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

Next cool story I hear about some white dude who's statue is about to be removed who wrote shit like this, my reaction is best summed up as thus....

We can start by removing the statue of Bill Clinton in South Dakota.

25 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Cleve Jesus said to love your neighbor as yourself. Those were His words. Because people have done wrong things in His name condemn them and not Him.

I agree with you though as for the statues let the communities where the confederate statues are make the decision if they go or stay.

what Lee wrote was Church doctrine for pretty much a millennia. Heck it was still going down in Canada till the late 90's with their "residential schools" for the inuit tribes. I'll let you google that on ur own to read what went on in those schools. And that old white legacy is what men like Richard Spencer want white people in this country to give a shit about. I don't. I won't. I simply do not care about men who thought they could beat, rape and murder their religion into indigenous people. If it were up to me all those statues of those types of men would get thrown in the sewers to be covered with what they deserve to be. But as I said it's not up to me or anybody else except the people where those statues reside. 

Watching those protests and counterprotests in Charlottesville left me longing for a Rambo moment where some dude steps around a corner with an m60 and walks that shit over the whole street. Just disgraceful the whole thing. An embarrassement to this country watching imbeciles hit each other with flags. You shouldn't even be allowed to truck people into a town to Protest something that isn't your business. If it's a national issue fine, but what Charlottesville does with that statue is nobody's business and nobody outside of CHARLOTTESVILLE RESIDENTS should be allowed to show up and protest. WTF they were thinking handing out that permit is beyond me. 

I'd be 100% sure that if abortion were to become a local issue, like one municipality to the next could decide if abortions could happen there....i'd be 150% sure if Cleveland banned abortions and liberals from CA showed up here to protest it you, whats the plural of doofus? doofi? dumbasses?....anyway, you would be hopping up and down about these SF liberals sticking their noses where it don't belong. 

1 hour ago, Clevfan4life said:

if that's what the people of that town or city or whatever the fuck it is, if that's what THEY want than fuck have it. Why should anyone care?

Doesn't make any fucking difference with the people want. I bet if you asked all the citizens of Charlottesville if they wanted their statues torn down probably 80% would say no. I think the Nationwide average is 66% or something like that don't want the statues removed. Only assholes that want to shock and offend

And the only reason that the 34%  do want it is because that's how many Democrats there are .

WSS

10 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Doesn't make any fucking difference with the people want. I bet if you asked all the citizens of Charlottesville if they wanted their statues torn down probably 80% would say no. I think the Nationwide average is 66% or something like that don't want the statues removed. Only assholes that want to shock and offend

And the only reason that the 34%  do want it is because that's how many Democrats there are .

WSS

Charlottesville is the most liberal city in Va save perhaps for Richmond. I have family there they know, and they're conservative so they really know. The town decided to do this with full support of the residents there. You can try to talk your way around that as much as you want steve, you're good at doing that.....but it doesn't fly. The town has been debating this with itself for years now, they didn't do this on the impulsive whim of some liberal minority that came to power which is the narrative I know you're trying to push. 

Archived