THE BROWNS BOARD

11 Browns protest

Westside Steve

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Offended?

Disappointed . . . very.

Not a good look for a young Team in the National spotlight, I had thought they had more sense.

I'm looking at the bigger picture though.

In the Military, you'd get disciplined for disrespect to the Flag - up to Court Martial.
Most Work places forbid Political Activities in and around the work place.
Guess what? NFL Players are employees of their respective Teams.

See, this all stems out of the Disease known as Political Correctness.
This has devolved the SJW's, which are stirring up all this crap and are in the process of erasing History.
NFL is in their sites too with CTE . . . it's days are numbered.

Got news for ya'll, there's Social Injustice to all Races, Creeds, and Religions from all directions.
Just the nature of the beast.

This whole stupid NFL thing was started by Kaepernick.
It was so important to him to do this to change the world that . . . he didn't even bother voting.

The World's a pretty messed up place, I just want to watch Football without all the extra stupidity.

4 hours ago, domcucch1994 said:

They aren't turning their backs you fucking hayseed, they are kneeling... I bet you sit your fat fucking ass on your couch and drink a beer during the National Anthem..

What is the big deal anyways? They fucking kneeled! 

And don't give me this "until you've put on a uniform" bullshit.. No one can force you to stand for the goddamn National Anthem, this ain't Nazi fucking Germany, Adolf!

This is America... people have rights... If you wan't to live in a country where you a forced to stand for the National Anthem, go to North Korea, and see how fucking great it is...

Fuck you antifa mother fucker.   Go suck Kape's dick.

Fuck anyone who disrespects America. What the fuck would any of us have if it wasn't for America? Where would blacks be if it was not for slavery? In Africa? Doing what? No slavery = No Michael Jackson, Ali, James Brown, Michael Jordan, Sammy Davis,   on and on and on it goes. It's over. 200 years plus. There isn't a mother fucker alive, of any color affected by that bullshit.

2 hours ago, JAFBF said:

Offended?

Disappointed . . . very.

Not a good look for a young Team in the National spotlight, I had thought they had more sense.

I'm looking at the bigger picture though.

In the Military, you'd get disciplined for disrespect to the Flag - up to Court Martial.
Most Work places forbid Political Activities in and around the work place.
Guess what? NFL Players are employees of their respective Teams.

See, this all stems out of the Disease known as Political Correctness.
This has devolved the SJW's, which are stirring up all this crap and are in the process of erasing History.
NFL is in their sites too with CTE . . . it's days are numbered.

Got news for ya'll, there's Social Injustice to all Races, Creeds, and Religions from all directions.
Just the nature of the beast.

This whole stupid NFL thing was started by Kaepernick.
It was so important to him to do this to change the world that . . . he didn't even bother voting.

The World's a pretty messed up place, I just want to watch Football without all the extra stupidity.

2 hours ago, medicineman said:

Stop giving these fucking jerk offs coverage. If nobody put them on tv showing their "protest" then it would be no big deal. And that goes for any team.

Social injustice? Damn vague term! How about the way we Vietnam Vets were treated when we came home? THAT certainly qualifies as social injustice in my book. Social injustice happens. If these players want to change/improve things, What specific things are these "protesters" doing to effect such change, other than kneeling (I have no proof they were praying) during the National  Anthem? The National Anthem was the wrong stage boys...why don't you have it announced that you will have your "prayer service" before or immediately after the game & invite any/all like minded fans to join in, which would enhance credibility & improve public perception, or would that adversely affect/delay your plans for the rest of the evening? I blame ownership & management for allowing this disruption to happen. It didn't happen in Dallas, largely because HOF Dallas owner Jerry Jones had the balls to basically say NO.

The players have the right to protest, but choice of when, where, & how can enhance or destroy credibility. LeBron James chose the right & classy way to effect change. Maybe following his lead would be a major step in the right direction.

I really am thinking about having my own protest....I have season tickets (which I plan to keep), will attend the games proudly wearing my Vietnam Vets' hat, stand (hat over heart) for the National Anthem, & if Browns's players kneel during the Anthem, I will leave the stadium immediately upon completion of the Anthem. Then I will go to the lot where we tailgate, drink a few beers & wait for my family & friends there.

Mike

1 hour ago, Canton Mike said:

Social injustice? Damn vague term! How about the way we Vietnam Vets were treated when we came home? THAT certainly qualifies as social injustice in my book. Social injustice happens. If these players want to change/improve things, What specific things are these "protesters" doing to effect such change, other than kneeling (I have no proof they were praying) during the National  Anthem? The National Anthem was the wrong stage boys...why don't you have it announced that you will have your "prayer service" before or immediately after the game & invite any/all like minded fans to join in, which would enhance credibility & improve public perception, or would that adversely affect/delay your plans for the rest of the evening? I blame ownership & management for allowing this disruption to happen. It didn't happen in Dallas, largely because HOF Dallas owner Jerry Jones had the balls to basically say NO.

The players have the right to protest, but choice of when, where, & how can enhance or destroy credibility. LeBron James chose the right & classy way to effect change. Maybe following his lead would be a major step in the right direction.

I really am thinking about having my own protest....I have season tickets (which I plan to keep), will attend the games proudly wearing my Vietnam Vets' hat, stand (hat over heart) for the National Anthem, & if Browns's players kneel during the Anthem, I will leave the stadium immediately upon completion of the Anthem. Then I will go to the lot where we tailgate, drink a few beers & wait for my family & friends there.

Mike

You, my friend, have my utmost respect.

Vietnam Vets were treated worse than any Veterans ever, and you all deserved our respect and gratitude for what you did.

I was still a kid when the last Draft took place, but my Sister's boyfriend did get Drafted . . . he went into the National Guards.

My Dad, Uncles, and a Cousin or two also served - so my view as yours is a bit different than others.

I never understood how that could happen (the disrespect) . . .

Myself, I'm of Vet of the 80's, so that was Peace time - still not party time as the Cold War was in full swing.

The Vets I've heard on the Radio call ins are not happy about this at all.

Some have even returned their Season Tickets (not telling/suggesting you do this).

The more I'm seeing of this as I look around, it's looking the Browns just gave themselves a Black Eye - the PR is not looking good.

This is not what this Team or the City needs . . . time will tell how it washes out, but it has put a pall over a possibly interesting Season.

Thank you for your Service and Sacrifice.

7 hours ago, JAFBF said:

You, my friend, have my utmost respect.

Vietnam Vets were treated worse than any Veterans ever, and you all deserved our respect and gratitude for what you did.

I was still a kid when the last Draft took place, but my Sister's boyfriend did get Drafted . . . he went into the National Guards.

My Dad, Uncles, and a Cousin or two also served - so my view as yours is a bit different than others.

I never understood how that could happen (the disrespect) . . .

Myself, I'm of Vet of the 80's, so that was Peace time - still not party time as the Cold War was in full swing.

The Vets I've heard on the Radio call ins are not happy about this at all.

Some have even returned their Season Tickets (not telling/suggesting you do this).

The more I'm seeing of this as I look around, it's looking the Browns just gave themselves a Black Eye - the PR is not looking good.

This is not what this Team or the City needs . . . time will tell how it washes out, but it has put a pall over a possibly interesting Season.

Thank you for your Service and Sacrifice.

Thanks for your kind words & YOUR service, regardless when it was.

You are correct. The Browns seem to enjoy being behind the proverbial 8 ball. This whole "kneeling during the Anthem" thing has backfired miserably. The players involved just copied Kaepernick, rather than support his views in a way to gather positive support.

I am keeping my season tickets because I love my Browns & the vast majority of Browns' players DID stand for the Anthem.

Mike

9 hours ago, Canton Mike said:

Mike

Kaepernick donates 25k a month to a different charity somehow involved with social injustice, race relations or impoverished and underprivileged youths.

Thats what specific things he does. Does that change anyone's view on him? Apparently not.

kaepersick's socks depicted policemen as pigs. He's a pig. That's just really low.

Kaepernick started his protest a year ago, saying he didn't want to "show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color." Kaepernick is biracial.  By his asswhole logic, he is not a perfect qb, so when he's on the field, fans should walkout of the stadium. Just really stupid. There is so much wonderful good about our flag and our country besides what is not perfect that he wants to gripe about.

boo hoo, what an asswhole.

17 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

kaepersick's socks depicted policemen as pigs. He's a pig. That's just really low.

Kaepernick started his protest a year ago, saying he didn't want to "show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color." Kaepernick is biracial.  By his asswhole logic, he is not a perfect qb, so when he's on the field, fans should walkout of the stadium. Just really stupid. There is so much wonderful good about our flag and our country besides what is not perfect that he wants to gripe about.

"There's more good than bad, so why complain?" says the retired white American landowning male.

What a great ideal.

14 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Fuck you antifa mother fucker.   Go suck Kape's dick.

Fuck them too!
Antifa is a bunch of losers with too much time on their hands..

You want to be mad at something? Be mad at the Westboro Baptist Church! They protest the funerals of dead soldiers, hold up signs that say "Thank God for Dead Soldiers"

Be mad at that cuntlips!

A couple of players kneeling isn't the fucking end of the world..

On 8/22/2017 at 11:01 AM, OldBrownsFan said:

It is a distraction. A distraction a team that went 1-15 last season doesn't need. Hue Jackson said just a few weeks ago he respected the players right to protest but preferred they would not do it during the national anthem. So much for some of the players listening to their coach.

So "Pro Football" is more important to you than our kneelers' issue.

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

For those of you who support the protest I would just suggest that if it were another cause, one you did not agree with, and the gesture was some other gesture that offended you in particular, you would be much less likely to take that group of players side.

Brilliant strawman except for one little thing... supporting a right to protest is not the same as supporting the protest's cause or gesture.

27 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

Kaep's the other thread. A dozen plus Browns are this thread most of whom you are on record as  praising for their "high character". Quite the quandary I imagine...

28 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

So "Pro Football" is more important to you than our kneelers' issue.

There are multiple reasons to oppose the Browns players protesting during the national anthem. Lets start with the offensive part.It is offensive to many of the fans who pay their large salaries. It is offensive because everyone knows we are taking a minute of our lives to give thanks and honor our country. To protest during this time is disrespectful to many. It has nothing to do with the players cause. It has everything to do with the timing of the protest. Another reason would be the distraction which this is a distraction. Most people were not talking after the game about our victory but the players protest during the national anthem. Also what about respecting the wishes of the coach who said he would prefer them not to protest during the national anthem and they go ahead and do it anyway? 

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

Brilliant strawman except for one little thing... supporting a right to protest is not the same as supporting the protest's cause or gesture.

It's a brilliant straw man because A I actually am brilliant, thanks for noticing, and and B it's true.

If, for instance, some players decided to make the sieg heil Nazi salute and explained it was to draw attention to the problems of the inner city I doubt you would be supporting there right to peacefully protest. 

Aside from that employers have the right to tell their employees they can't do certain things that would offend the customers.

WSS

31 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

It's a brilliant straw man because A I actually am brilliant, thanks for noticing, and and B it's true.

If, for instance, some players decided to make the sieg heil Nazi salute and explained it was to draw attention to the problems of the inner city I doubt you would be supporting there right to peacefully protest. 

Aside from that employers have the right to tell their employees they can't do certain things that would offend the customers.

WSS

Minus the whole Nazi salute and Seig hail already being something of it's own creed and ideology revolving around genocide, supremacy and the belief of ethnic cleansing.   Kneeling can be whatever you make of it - namely respect or reverence for something.  Nazi salutes are the complete opposite. 

I presume the brilliant comment was sarcasm?

Did the Blacks forget how slavery has ended? Did they not know that it was WHITE people who ran the underground railroad? Do they NOT KNOW that WHITE PEOPLE thought they should be able to vote? Do they think they gave themselves any rights? I am so fucking sick of hearing "They owe us"

5 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Minus the whole Nazi salute and Seig hail already being something of it's own creed and ideology revolving around genocide, supremacy and the belief of ethnic cleansing.   Kneeling can be whatever you make of it - namely respect or reverence for something.  Nazi salutes are the complete opposite. 

Presume what you will. Of course the kneeling is meant to be an insult to the United States of America and an affront to those who have served her.

So logically some people close to others who may have given their lives would naturally take it as an insult, just as it was intended. I mean come on that's why it got so much notice. Don't pretend it wasn't meant to be a sign of disrespect.

Shock and offend. Attention-getting devices. And furthermore if has someone else suggested pro athletes actually are going out among the community try to help them to better themselves eschew anti social behavior Etc it doesn't seem to be helping all that much.

WSS

All the attention people are diving this jerk off is sickening, They are putting him in history books right along with the woman who refused to sit in back of the bus. They are now acting as if he is some kind of HERO. Anybody who disrespects the land that I love is a pos. If they hate this land so much then LEAVE. It is that simple. You think it is so bad here go somewhere else.

6 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

6 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

WSS

Steve ur a moron. I mean you really are one he k of a stupid guy and what you just wrote is definitive proof. Ironclad now. You equated kneeling...however pointless and ill conceived.....with doing the nazi salute which we're all quite aware of its meaning.

you can make a perfectly reasonable argument against kaepernicks kneeling, in that it really diesnt mean shit and means even less if he doesnt follow it up with any off field activism on his own time. But you're not intelligent enough it seems. 

I think it is important to listen to the concerns black people and minorities have but listening is a two way street. One of the things the Browns players were protesting was police brutality. We should debate it with all sides being heard. I don't see how police brutality can be just a racial thing because some of the charges of police brutality are coming from cities with black mayors and police chiefs and large populations of black and minorities. Sure there are some cases of police brutality and there are some bad cops. I maintain there are a lot more good though than bad.

After being a probation officer and responsible for making arrests my thoughts are this. I had the luxury many times of arresting people in my office. They would have had to have passed through a metal detector manned by deputies before they got to my office so I knew they were unarmed. All the odds were in my favor as they would be trapped in my office while making an arrest. I hated making arrests in the field though. If I had to arrest a person at their home I never knew who would be there or if I was dealing with someone who was armed. My adrenalin was usually pumped up when I made arrests in public places because you never know what is going to happen. Police have to face that situation on a daily basis. It is important for citizens to follow police commands. When police tell you to raise your hands, get on the ground etc...people should know (even if you are innocent) to follow the commands and it is not a time to argue. Do that later. I believe that has caused a lot of problems with police and the public. I understand who wants to get on the ground or follow the police commands if you are innocent but the police don't know that and they don' t know if you are armed or would attack them. This is not a cure all but I believe it would be a huge help for citizens to follow police commands when dealing with police. There are remedies if the police officer is out of line such as going to court and using the legal system.

Archived