THE BROWNS BOARD

11 Browns protest

Westside Steve

30 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Well, here is your chance. Didn't they just announce last night a ramp up in the numbers of troops to be sent to Afghanistan?  We can go volunteer :lol:(my 18th birthday occured just the year before yours did.   I hope to win my second lottery this week:  635 mill.  The first was when I got my 292 draft lottery number)

Yea, I should be good to go, just an aortic aneurysm, leaky aortic valve, no ACL in my right knee and 2 bad shoulders, but my feet are fine...  My older brother was #34, I was #143.  

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Actually when you get done seething over this just remember my point, I'm only a fan. I read for these guys because of territorial loyalty for the most part. I like musicians and actors Etc because of their talent or the art they produce. Or athletes because they perform well for my city. I'm an Entertainer by profession but I would imagine that I would rightly lose friends and fans if I began every performance but insulting the largest part of my audience. Who knows, a few of them might think it's cool but... I think you get the idea.

WSS

A lot of fans didn't like the idea of Jackie Robinson playing baseball. Good thing he didn't listen to those idiots.

To me, it is a simple matter of decorum.

I am not offended that Colin Kapernuts wants to protest. However, if it was not for the NFL, he would be a tree falling in an abandoned forest. I have to ask, what is his body of work outside kneeling? If he is this offended by what he feels are the horrors of America, then surely he has been active for a long time, and surely he has given money and organized.

They should form their own protest group and work on their own time. I don't watch football to learn about politics and activism. I want to see big titted cheerleaders, QBs like Kizer and AssOiler who hold on to the fucking ball too long, and a soft, reincarnation of Cortney Brown who got his first NFL sack by way of the offensive player running into his arms.

2 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

. I want to see big titted cheerleaders, QBs like Kizer and AssOiler who hold on to the fucking ball too long, and a soft, reincarnation of Cortney Brown who got his first NFL sack by way of the offensive player running into his arms.

Nope ghoolie, I was with you about the qb's holding the ball but Garrett is playing legit and you know it. Forget about his sack, dude is coming strong off the ball and is not getting moved in the run game either...which if you recall was my big concern when we drafted him. He's been playing against first stringers and he's the one doing the pushing around....he's missed a couple sacks by inches only cause the qb hurried the pass. I'm not calling him the next Von Miller but he ain't the next Courtney brown either. Dude cleaned up a "major" deficiency in his game in one offseason as a rookie. Give some credit. None of our 2nd and 3rd year players are around the QB like he is. 

He looked weak. You are seeing what you want to see. HE got manhandled. All the guy has is an outside move, and jsut today, Bruce SMith again said he was slow coming off the ball. Several times he was so focused on going wide, the play ran right inside of him. He is nothing special.

6 hours ago, domcucch1994 said:

Jesus Christ.. They took a knee..

It's not like they pulled down their pants and took a shit on the American flag.. Who cares?

i do.

until you've put a uniform on and defended these millionaires to turn their back on the basis/history of this UNITED STATES....shut the fuck up.

oh, and who are they gonna call when they get car jacked? their home gets broken into? it ain't tyrone. dumbasses. 2 faced hypocritical bitches.

3 hours ago, FALCON7 said:

Pretty sad and pathetic that so many people are worried about how a Pro Athlete acts during the playing of the Anthem before a fucking sporting event, than what is really going on in this Country...    I guess I'm a draft dodger/Un-American, because I didn't enlist on my 18th birthday in 1971 to go fight in Vietnam. 

yes you are.

can't wait until trump reinstates the draft and see all the millenial big tough talkers run to Canada.

Fuck those assholes that disrespected the flag, the nation and the men and women that defended her. They can protest on their own time. How about pony ing up some of that easy earned cash and starting a proactive group to bring awareness to whatever the fuck they are trying to accomplish.

54 minutes ago, miktoxic said:

i do.

until you've put a uniform on and defended these millionaires to turn their back on the basis/history of this UNITED STATES....shut the fuck up.

oh, and who are they gonna call when they get car jacked? their home gets broken into? it ain't tyrone. dumbasses. 2 faced hypocritical bitches.

The people who put a uniform on and defended this country fought for the right for people not to shut the fuck up.

It's not like you have to serve to have an opinion on this country. Nor does not serving make your opinion any less valid.

You don't like it? Tough titties.

1 hour ago, Ghoolie said:

He looked weak. You are seeing what you want to see. HE got manhandled. All the guy has is an outside move, and jsut today, Bruce SMith again said he was slow coming off the ball. Several times he was so focused on going wide, the play ran right inside of him. He is nothing special.

I just tried looking it up and the last thing I saw smith talking about garrett was on Aug 2nd when he said Garrett is further along at this point in his career than I was. I'm not seeing what I want to see. I was "very" critical of Garrett's stack and shed in college. How does pushing tackles back into the QB with one hand signify he's getting manhandled? Did I see Garrett get in every time, no...did I once see Garrett getting blown off the ball? Nope. Not once. Show me the tape where he got legit manhandled. Start another thread on it. If it happened i'll be more than happy to look at it and critique his tech. I'm not a Garrett fluffer. But I do like what I've seen so far. 

18 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

I just tried looking it up and the last thing I saw smith talking about garrett was on Aug 2nd when he said Garrett is further along at this point in his career than I was. I'm not seeing what I want to see. I was "very" critical of Garrett's stack and shed in college. How does pushing tackles back into the QB with one hand signify he's getting manhandled? Did I see Garrett get in every time, no...did I once see Garrett getting blown off the ball? Nope. Not once. Show me the tape where he got legit manhandled. Start another thread on it. If it happened i'll be more than happy to look at it and critique his tech. I'm not a Garrett fluffer. But I do like what I've seen so far. 

This is a political forum, let's not discuss, to borrow from another poster, "one tackle texas"

44 minutes ago, Tim Couch Pulls Out said:

The people who put a uniform on and defended this country fought for the right for people not to shut the fuck up.

It's not like you have to serve to have an opinion on this country. Nor does not serving make your opinion any less valid.

You don't like it? Tough titties.

Some people are entrenched in patriotism from generations of family serving... and some families never did shit but suck on the tough titties of those that died for them to do so.

Know what side of the fence u fall on....obviously.

33 minutes ago, miktoxic said:

Some people are entrenched in patriotism from generations of family serving... and some families never did shit but suck on the tough titties of those that died for them to do so.

Know what side of the fence u fall on....obviously.

I'm on the side that didn't have to rely on the military as a fallback option after high school and then tout it as some sort of great sacrifice.

6 hours ago, jrb12711 said:

No, you don't. If you feel strongly enough against what they did (which is supported by the Browns organization and coaches) then don't watch or watch another team. No one is strapping you into a fucking chair and feeding this to you. We won't miss you.

You guys are some of the biggest whiners I've ever encountered. 

Fuck those traitors and fuck you.

2 hours ago, TopDawg31 said:

Fuck those assholes that disrespected the flag, the nation and the men and women that defended her. They can protest on their own time. How about pony ing up some of that easy earned cash and starting a proactive group to bring awareness to whatever the fuck they are trying to accomplish.

I hate to defend the guy but didn't Kaep.drop a cool Mil on such a thing?

53 minutes ago, Tim Couch Pulls Out said:

I'm on the side that didn't have to rely on the military as a fallback option after high school and then tout it as some sort of great sacrifice.

It is a great sacrifice but to throw it blindy in the face of others such as Mik is doing diminishes that honor. 

Basically he's saying "fuck you I'm a vet"...  which isn't right.  I also hope someone can vouch for him on that service.  Ran into a couple stolen valor boys at a bar once and it was a obvious it was cringe worthy. 

12 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

I hate to defend the guy but didn't Kaep.drop a cool Mil on such a thing?

This is not about him its about the 11 assholes on the Browns

1 hour ago, Tim Couch Pulls Out said:

Okay, that is asswholish. You defend the praying during the National Anthem, but you diss all folks who served in our

military as loser fall back options?  Moron - I was in. There was some of that, but there were guys who had plenty of

options. They wanted to serve their country. All kinds of reasons, all colors, all kinds of backgrounds, STFU.

26 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

It is a great sacrifice but to throw it blindy in the face of others such as Mik is doing diminishes that honor. 

Basically he's saying "fuck you I'm a vet"...  which isn't right.  I also hope someone can vouch for him on that service.  Ran into a couple stolen valor boys at a bar once and it was a obvious it was cringe worthy. 

so now you suspect all veterans on the board of being fakes? WTF is wrong with you?

I support the taking of a knee. Just sitting there on a bench looks disrespectful. The taking a knee approach is more suitable and respectful.

Really- I didn't see a taking of a knee on TV but apparently it happened. I've seen enough of the situation to form an opinion though.

Clearly, at least to me, this shouldn't be a black vs. white thing. This should be a challenge to ALL races and religions. This country MUST be tolerant to each other's beliefs and cultures. This country must respect the lives of each other above all things. All Lives Matter - period! Stop the hate people, there is so much more to be worried about.

15 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

I'm not mad at any of them.  I'm tired of the crying from both sides as I've illustrated.  The Kaep supporters and the fans for their equally bitchy response. 

And what about Kaep himself?

I don't know if anyone has made this point, if so sorry to repeat but if the new coach lets his team know that he'd appreciate it if they would be cool and 11 12 or 13 of them basically tell him to go fuck himself that's probably not a positive indicator of respect. We shall see how it plays out.

WSS

3 hours ago, wargograw said:

And what about Kaep himself?

He's too non descript, uses overly vague and generalized language for me to support him.   His message is to raise awareness of racial injustice. Be specific on the cases you've seen, concrete happenings and a course of dialogue.    I don't think he's as over the top whiny as half the cronies that follow or oppose him.   However after his choice of sock fiasco I simply can't take his stance seriously.   You cannot claim to be viewed as wanting positive change while re-enforcing prejudice and negative stereotypes.

4 hours ago, wargograw said:

That's low, Jared. Come on. 

In what way? It's true. 

Thats not saying everyone in the armed services falls under that umbrella but there certainly is a increasingly large percentage of enlisted men who fall into that population nowadays. The armed services and law enforcement have been preying on students for decades because they needed boots on the ground. They offer signing bonuses and free education to entice many of those who could not have afforded it otherwise.

The proportion of enlisted men who began their service because of patriotism is much lower than it was in previous generations. It's not like it was in the mid 20th century.

It's sad but true. 

These professions (both armed services and law enforcement) have become fallbacks for many young men and women and that's diluting the water and giving a bad name to people who are 1) qualified and 2) passionate about it.

First hand example - in my high school, army recruiters administered the ASVAB to students. It was mandatory for all students except those in IB/AP programs, who (I shit you not) needed that time to "study for finals".

The men who serve out of patriotism and love for this country's ideals are far less likely to be chastising her inhabitants for exercising their rights than those who did it because they were forced to.

EDIT: Not everything I say is a personal

attack against a poster. Mik and I disagree and snipe from time to time but I wouldn't stoop that low to call him out like that. 

Also Kizer is the starter this week, just got the notification.

This seems to be creating a lot of assumptions and overreactions. 

This is why l am weary of journalists. Oh look, this photograph will light up my twitter account. Well done journalist.

But what other information has come out about this? What exactly do we know? 

We have a picture of a mixed group of Browns players who, unless they are total dumbasses, know they are stirring the pot. I see defense, offense, and special teams represented, and l see both black and white players. 

Why are they stirring the pot? What statement are they trying to make? What exactly, if anything, are they protesting?

Isn't the point of protesting to draw attention to something that you would like to see changed? What exactly is it that they would like to see changed? 

19 hours ago, miktoxic said:

i do.

They aren't turning their backs you fucking hayseed, they are kneeling... I bet you sit your fat fucking ass on your couch and drink a beer during the National Anthem..

What is the big deal anyways? They fucking kneeled! 

And don't give me this "until you've put on a uniform" bullshit.. No one can force you to stand for the goddamn National Anthem, this ain't Nazi fucking Germany, Adolf!

This is America... people have rights... If you wan't to live in a country where you a forced to stand for the National Anthem, go to North Korea, and see how fucking great it is...

Archived