THE BROWNS BOARD

Destroyer USS John S. McCain COLLIDES with merchant ship, TEN SAILORS MISSING…

OldBrownsFan

I don't understand why we have so many US Navy ships colliding with other ships in open waters. We have had 4 navy ships colliding with other ships just this year. We lost 7 sailors just a couple months ago in a collision and in this newest one 10 sailors are missing as well as heavy damage done to the ship.

http://therightscoop.com/breaking-destroyer-uss-john-s-mccain-collides-with-merchant-ship-ten-sailors-missing/

I don't understand why we have so many US Navy ships colliding with other ships in open waters. We have had 4 navy ships colliding with other ships just this year. We lost 7 sailors just a couple months ago in a collision and in this newest one 10 sailors are missing as well as heavy damage done to the ship.

http://therightscoop.com/breaking-destroyer-uss-john-s-mccain-collides-with-merchant-ship-ten-sailors-missing/

While collisions at sea happen, having this many makes me question the training of Junior officers and leadership of the senior officers.

While collisions at sea happen, having this many makes me question the training of Junior officers and leadership of the senior officers.

2 of the 8 destroyers in 7th fleet are now out of commission for a year or more without a shot being fired. With technology we have today just seems like this should not be happening. Maybe we need to go back to having sailors up in a crows nest as lookouts? Seriously the Navy better get this problem fixed. It may be officers needing more training and if that is the case make sure they get the training.

I would think radar would be monitoring all ships in the vicinity. An enemy ship could come right up on your ship

if you were at war???

Nope. Don't get it.

18 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

I would think radar would be monitoring all ships in the vicinity. An enemy ship could come right up on your ship

if you were at war???

Nope. Don't get it.

Me neither. I sent an email yesterday to my nephew who is a CPO currently at sea in the western Pacific and to a friend who is a retired naval officer to get their opinions about what is going on. No replies yet.

yea I will stand with those who believe and will say that these events are the result of poor readiness -

Brought on from  8 years of military stagnation from the ultimate failure as commnder in chief Barry Soetoro

so congrats commandant!  job well done in allowing the military to be exiled into being less than prepared as is necessary.

Obama blames Bush for what he inherited, well then turnabout is fair play 

23 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

I stood many bridge watches, fantail watches, and even stood watch in the CIC while underway. Frankly, I don't understand how this could happen with a small boy (DD/FF) and a large tanker.

Hard to see a tanker coming when ur nose is buried some officers dick bush. But apparently you made it work so maybe u ought to cone out of retirement and teach all the semen recruits how to multi task....☕️

But here's the thing: 4 times in the last 12 months is.. not a coincidence.

1) The destroyer had a full bridge watch - this wasn't 2am with an underage ensign at lookout.

2) The destroyer stated they couldn't maneuver the ship just prior to collision

http://www.thedailybeast.com/official-uss-john-mccain-lost-steering-control-before-crash

If this turns out to be guidance controls being hacked.. and US servicemen have lost their lives.. oh boy.

c'mon is that for real? srsly? where is that being reported that shit was hacked? If they fucking made these ships completely dependant on computers that you couldn't pull the plug on and take over the fucking wheel yourself.....man, we all need to take a deep breath and understand the American taxpayer has been "marked" in footing the bill for these trillion dollar weapon systems that the Russians and Chinese can make run aground by pushing the enter key. 

Archived