THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Browns Vs. New York Giants Monday Night Football Preseason Game Night Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice game by Kessler last night! I was really impressed with the zip he had on those passes. Looks like his arm strength has really improved. I would like to see him start he season with Kizer as backup. I just don't see Osweiler ever amounting to anything more in the league so why waste the time. Both Kizer and Kessler have upside and since our receivers look pretty bad we are going to need a qb who doesn't turn the ball over in order to help the defense and keep us in games. 

A few musings.

Sold on Dayes and Schobert this game.

Was surprised at the level of intensity and how long the starters played. 

Did Orchard play? I didn't see him or see his name in the box score.

Not impressed with Njoku so far. For a guy that can jump so high it doesn't seem like he tries to jump so high.

27 minutes ago, Browns57 said:

Nice game by Kessler last night! I was really impressed with the zip he had on those passes. Looks like his arm strength has really improved. I would like to see him start he season with Kizer as backup. I just don't see Osweiler ever amounting to anything more in the league so why waste the time. Both Kizer and Kessler have upside and since our receivers look pretty bad we are going to need a qb who doesn't turn the ball over in order to help the defense and keep us in games. 

I'm of two minds on this. I don't think Kessler is the QB of the future, but at the same time I don't want to ruin the confidence of Kizer by starting him too soon either. Kizer looks to me to be our "Dak Prescott". But he doesn't have the cowboys receiving corps working for him. So which do you start? At this point I'm leaning towards Kizer, because all indications are that we made a really great choice there. Somehow the coaching staff needs to get it across to him that no individual game matters as long as he is learning from mistakes. And we have to let him make them without getting down on him or allowing him to get down on himself. And no yanking from a game please. To quote Darrell Royal, "We'll dance with who brung us."

Archived