THE BROWNS BOARD

Kaepernick supporters call for NFL boycott

D Bone

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Take the color of skin away from any of this..If Prince,Peter,Paul or Mary tried telling any military service branch to excuse yourself from his stand? That's just never going to happen..Protest yes, but in the correct matter....Now moving this in the Gordon Am Done With File..(political? yes & good luck with that marching zoo)

Take the color of skin away from any of this..If Prince,Peter,Paul or Mary tried telling any military service branch to excuse yourself from his stand? That's just never going to happen..Protest yes, but in the correct matter....Now moving this in the Gordon Am Done With File..(political? yes & good luck with that marching zoo)

guess all the owners in the NFL disagree with you.

LMAO... Yeah "the left" is all about getting Kaep a job. Just not enough other stuff to keep them occupied I guess.

Yeah, you know our political board. It is all about what "the left" does. This is a good example, how dare the entire left try to boycott something

Regardless Tour do we really want to see in the NFL boycotts or threatening boycotts over things like this? Where would it all end?

Yes I'm sure everyone on "the left" will boycott the NFL just like everyone on "the right" boycotts a company whenever they acknowledge gay people in an ad.

Regardless Tour do we really want to see in the NFL boycotts or threatening boycotts over things like this? Where would it all end?

As the Allman Bro's once said... "it just ain't my cross to bear." But if other folks want to organize against something, then more power to them.

Folks on both ends of the spectrum organize for and against things all the time. You and your friends here are organizing against Kaep getting a job in the NFL. Do you want to be told you can't? Or that continuing to do so means you will no longer be able to do something you love to do?

As the Allman Bro's once said... "it just ain't my cross to bear." But if other folks want to organize against something, then more power to them.

Folks on both ends of the spectrum organize for and against things all the time. You and your friends here are organizing against Kaep getting a job in the NFL. Do you want to be told you can't? Or that continuing to do so means you will no longer be able to do something you love to do?

Actually I hope the POS starts for the Steelers this year. He sucks so that would make me happy. And how much more could I hate the Steelers? Probably not much.

;)

WSS

If you think about it, to some people in this country (Cuban refugees) Kaepernick's wearing of a Fidel Castro shirt is equatable to the guys who are marching around carrying Nazi and Confederate flags. To them, Castro was the embodiment of terror, torture, tyranny, slavery, despotism, hatred, bigotry, and mass murder.

Do you think he had any insight to that fact?

It was 100% Kaepernick's right to kneel and protest the national anthem. Zero issue with him doing what he felt was right.

It is 100% any and every team's right NOT to invite that protest and controversy by hiring Kaepernick. Zero issue with him not being in the NFL.

Yep...To every ACTION there is a REACTION. That's just what happens in real life.

I welcome Kaepernick & his supporters to reality. Now it's time to grow up, live with the reaction, & learn from it.

When & where I grew up, we didn't have any groups bailing us out of consequences....We HANDLED them ourselves (as Isaiah Crowell did).

BTW, Mr. Griggs can kiss this Vietnam Vet's ass! I would hope any boycott(s) and/or tailgates would only include their supporters & not interfere with others rights to attend & enjoy the game(s) & their tailgates.

Our National Anthem & Flag represent our COUNTRY that afforded Kaepernick all the opportunites & freedoms he has had. Personally, I am highly offended he chose the playing of MY National Anthem as his stage & that's MY right.

Mike

Isaiah Crowell still has a job.

WSS

It is a matter of talent. Kaepernick is backup talent who thiinks he is better than he is. It is a football matter.

I mean, people think that Tim Tebow was given a raw deal because he was a Christiian, and that the NFL didn't want a Christian activist in the league . It is horseshit on both accounts. It is talent...and the willingness to recognize where you are talentwise.

Do you think Kaep can hit a curvebal?

It is a matter of talent. Kaepernick is backup talent who thiinks he is better than he is. It is a football matter.

I mean, people think that Tim Tebow was given a raw deal because he was a Christiian, and that the NFL didn't want a Christian activist in the league . It is horseshit on both accounts. It is talent...and the willingness to recognize where you are talentwise.

Way too logical Gip

It was 100% Kaepernick's right to kneel and protest the national anthem. Zero issue with him doing what he felt was right.

It is 100% any and every team's right NOT to invite that protest and controversy by hiring Kaepernick. Zero issue with him not being in the NFL.

+1

There is a price to pay when you take a stand (or a knee in this case).

If you think about it, to some people in this country (Cuban refugees) Kaepernick's wearing of a Fidel Castro shirt is equatable to the guys who are marching around carrying Nazi and Confederate flags. To them, Castro was the embodiment of terror, torture, tyranny, slavery, despotism, hatred, bigotry, and mass murder.

Do you think he had any insight to that fact?

Probably as much insight as his reading defenses ability.

Don't give a shit. He sucks and he's a team cancer when he's not showing off for Spike Lee.

His politics are distasteful but I don't think that you legally keep him from a job. It's just that I don't want him. Not in Cleveland. Your mileage May differ.

On the other hand I wonder how many people would still support Joe Thomas if he turned out to be a Klan member?

WSS

Yes I'm sure everyone on "the left" will boycott the NFL just like everyone on "the right" boycotts a company whenever they acknowledge gay people in an ad.

Yep...To every ACTION there is a REACTION. That's just what happens in real life.

I welcome Kaepernick & his supporters to reality. Now it's time to grow up, live with the reaction, & learn from it.

When & where I grew up, we didn't have any groups bailing us out of consequences....We HANDLED them ourselves (as Isaiah Crowell did).

BTW, Mr. Griggs can kiss this Vietnam Vet's ass! I would hope any boycott(s) and/or tailgates would only include their supporters & not interfere with others rights to attend & enjoy the game(s) & their tailgates.

Our National Anthem & Flag represent our COUNTRY that afforded Kaepernick all the opportunites & freedoms he has had. Personally, I am highly offended he chose the playing of MY National Anthem as his stage & that's MY right.

Mike

Fucking A.

What percentage would you put on owners banding together and then putting pressure on other owners to not sign Kaep... a/k/a "blackballing".

What percentage would you put on owners banding together and then putting pressure on other owners to not sign Kaep... a/k/a "blackballing".

Sure that is possible but I don't think that is the case. Owners are out to win football games and make money. What does Kaepernick bring to the table? He brings the baggage of being a distraction to a team which no team wants. Does his talent level outweigh the negative attention and distraction that he would bring? I don't think so. And I believe that is why he is unemployed.

Don't give a shit. He sucks and he's a team cancer when he's not showing off for Spike Lee.

His politics are distasteful but I don't think that you legally keep him from a job. It's just that I don't want him. Not in Cleveland. Your mileage May differ.

On the other hand I wonder how many people would still support Joe Thomas if he turned out to be a Klan member?

WSS

Hello! Wake up. I said it was a football matter. If Kaepernick were a member of Al Shabab, and could play like Joe Thomas...someone would sign him likely.

(and you contradicted yourself...you said you don't want him....apparently for his politics...which means that you do indeed give a shit...one way or the other).

I personally think the % of owners "banding together to blackball him" is 0%. That said, owners individually and NOT in concert may have said: "talent not worth the distraction". But...now...what about the half dozen or more other guys that have done the same thing?

Archived