THE BROWNS BOARD

Kaepernick supporters call for NFL boycott

D Bone

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2017/08/13/oakland-raiders-running-back-marshawn-lynch-sits-during-national-anthem-at-preseason-nfl-game.html

Oakland Raiders running back Marshawn Lynch sat during the national anthem over the weekend, ahead of a Saturday preseason game against the Arizona Cardinals, the AP reports.

The NFL player was photographed on top of an orange cooler with a banana in Glendale, Ariz.
Last year, San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick sat and kneeled during the national anthem and protested police brutality.
Lynch previously backed Kaepernick, telling comedian Conan O’Brien in September 2016, “I’d rather see him take a knee than stand up, put his hands up and get murdered.”
“If you’re really not racist then you won’t see what he done, what he’s doing, as a threat to America, but just addressing a problem that we have,” Lynch said at the time.
Raiders coach Jack Del Rio says he didn’t know about Lynch’s plans ahead of the game, according to NFL.com.
“On Marshawn, talked to Marshawn trying to make sure we’re on the same page,” the coach said. "He said, ‘This is something I’ve done for 11 years. It’s not a form of anything other than me being myself.’ I said, ‘So you understand how I feel, I very strongly believe in standing for the national anthem. But I’m going to respect you as a man, you do your thing. We’ll do ours.’ It’s a non-issue for me.”

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If he doesn't like America then he and kaperdick can go play fake football in Canada

Wrong side of the board for this.

If they want to move it, I'm sure they'll move it..... It happened on the field so here I put it.

I suppose l'm in the minority on this, but l just can't get too fired up about this. I love my country too, but l fully realize my experience isn't the same for everyone. He's drawing attention to something that's important to him. May not be inportant to you, but if you've ever seen a Black Lives Matter rally in action, you will know he's not alone. He's not hurting anyone, and it's effective. It clearly got your attention.

Perhaps it's time to stop grumbling over it and start constructively thinking about what needs to happen to make a guy like Marshawn Lynch WANT to stand during the National Anthem.

fuck him who cares doesn't play for us

Actually since he's done it for 11 years hey he's different, or an idiot. I don't read anything more into it.

File under a big "who cares", not me.

he just took the opportunity to rhetorically slap everyone in our country in the face, those who love

our country. makes him feel like he has power, that is he getting attention.

Anything twisted to have an excuse for being a miserable loser.

blech.

https://www.facebook.com/SPORTbible/videos/2212739622204891/

http://www.collegehumor.com/post/6946695/ricky-williams-blames-drugs-for-failing-drug-test

649b3e3d192d6d844c34327419c84721.jpg

"I was gonna win the Super Bowl but then I got high."

"I know I suppos to stan, but den I got hae...."

Thank you for posting this D Bone.

Move it to another forum? You guys are sissys.

and yet you took the time to reply LMAO

I don't watch football players to see what they are doing during the anthem. I kinda wish they would just show an overview of the stadium pointed toward the flag during the anthem so this would stop being an issue.

or as in some sports play the anthem before the players take the field.

This is what the left does to get (force) their way time after time:

Controversial quarterback Colin Kaepernick deserves a chance to continue his NFL career, his supporters said Saturday.

Those backers include the NAACP and current and former members of the New York City Police Department, including famed corruption fighter Frank Serpico.

Kaepernick has been struggling to find a new team since opting out of his contract after last season.

His backers say NFL team owners have blackballed Kaepernick because he staged a one-man protest last season on behalf of African-Americans and other minorities – by kneeling instead of standing for the national anthem before each week’s game.

But critics have said his refusal to stand for “The Star-Spangled Banner” has been disrespectful to the nation and its service members.

His supporters defended him Saturday.

The NAACP called for a boycott of NFL games until Kaepernick gets an equal opportunity at making a roster for the upcoming season.

“There will be no football in the state of Georgia if Colin Kaepernick is not on a training camp roster and given an opportunity to pursue his career,” Gerald Griggs of the Atlanta NAACP told Fox 5.

Riggs warned that if Kaepernick remains unsigned to a deal as of 5 p.m. Sept. 17, “We are going to have the world’s largest tailgate, and that tailgate will not go into Mercedes-Benz Stadium.” (Riggs was referring to the new $1.6 billion home of the NFL’s Atlanta Falcons.)

“We will take a knee, and we will continue to take a knee on the NFL until they act with one voice,” Riggs said.

The threat of a nationwide boycott is meant to send a message to NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell and the owners of the NFL’s 32 teams, Riggs said.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2017/08/20/kaepernick-supporters-call-for-nfl-boycott.html

"yawn" forcing a team to take in a player because of the color of his skin and regardless

of his disrespect way over the line bs. klusterfooknick is a loser. All the "support" is tiny compared to the folks

that will puke if their team brings this scumbucket on board.

Archived