Sign in to follow this  
calfoxwc

the left hates confederate symbols because......

Evil sometimes is what you make of it. Especially when it comes to symbols. For years I saw the confederate flag more as just a symbol of rebellion and saw many rock bands in the 70's as well as the Dukes of Hazzard use that flag not in any type of racist manner. However today I see the flag as being taken over by the KKK and white supremacists and when I see that flag now that is the image I get. I would never have one myself because it has come to represent the KKK and white supremacists.

Now the KKK and white supremacists are doing the same with confederate statues. Good people can differ on this issue but when the KKK and white supremacists get involved for keeping the statues it hurts the cause of those who are not racists and want the statues to remain for other reasons .

Yeah... ok Logic. 

Next you're going to tell me my own personal experiences and anecdotal evidence aren't all I need to determine my political ideals. 

Really both sides were just as violence. As you need to always end a fight. Not start it. Or continue to let it go on. And where were the police as they needed to stop it. Even though last weekend in VA they were overwhelmed.

7 hours ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

Cal, posting pictures of some black people being cool with it doesn't debate Unsymp's point.

I could find some pro Islam gays. Doesn't mean Islam is cool with gays.

So on the average how many nights a week were you  unable to sleep because of your outrage over these statues before some idiot on the news told you how miserable you were?

I think I posted something like this before but I don't see it in the new format.

WSS

12 hours ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

Cal, posting pictures of some black people being cool with it doesn't debate Unsymp's point.

99 percent of hood rats don't even know what the confederate flag or general lee is.

3 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

99 percent of hood rats don't even know what the confederate flag or general lee is.

Didn't Gen Lee do "He Got Game" and Mo' Better Blues"?:rolleyes:

10 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

So on the average how many nights a week were you  unable to sleep because of your outrage over these statues before some idiot on the news told you how miserable you were?

I think I posted something like this before but I don't see it in the new format.

WSS

I could give a hot shit about the whole thing. Hell there is a Stonewall Jackson statue near here I didn't even know existed but now some people are all twisted up about it.

I was just referring to Cal posting some black people wearing confederate flags doesn't debate Unsymp at all.

On 8/21/2017 at 4:01 PM, LogicIsForSquares said:

Islam as a group is like Americans in the South??? wth? perhaps you'd like to retract that foolish generalization/analogy.

The comparison doesn't work at all. And, sure it does, the Confederate flag doesn't stand for racism - it stands for

the southern way of living - southern food, southern politeness/manners, southern communities all over this country.

Sure, the left wants to MAKE it a racist issue - they will demean anything if it gets them attention, and even a little

bit of political leverage. This hate towards the historical civil war flag is history. Here's a fact:

The Little League champions in women's fast pitch softball - WACO TEXAS. This is the south, Cysko.

Sure, slavery was an issue. But we've grown. The old saying that those who don't learn history, are doomed to repeat it?

Racism has no place in our country. All this feigned leftist outrage over southern civil war commanders, even those

who disavowed slavery later...... yet those same leftists are fine with Sen Byrd, wv, who was with the KKK.

LLSWSChamps-17.jpg

Cal, I could have used any other contradictory reference. Just used the extreme one. A handful of people being cool with (insert issue) does not negate a number of people feeling a certain way about it.

"As a people we are fighting to maintain the heavenly ordained supremacy of the white man over the inferior or colored race; a white flag would thus be emblematical of our cause."

says the guy given credit for being at least one of the men responsible for coming up with the confederate flag. The origin of #noracisttho

4 hours ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

Cal, I could have used any other contradictory reference. Just used the extreme one. A handful of people being cool with (insert issue) does not negate a number of people feeling a certain way about it.

true, but it negates the inferred generalization that ALL of a group of people feel exactly the same way.

LOL

So what are we gonna do about the state flag of Miss. which incorporates the Confederate Battle Flag or the state flag of Georgia which incorporates the national flag of the Confederate States of America? :P

PS-both actually have the 13 stars representing the 13 Conf. States.(parts of Ky. and Missou were claimed)